England Squad

igsey

He can defintely do a job. In 18 months time, unless the FA go for yet another £6m a year foreign megastar manager then Pardew is pretty much the only contender isn't he? Who else is there... Garry Monk? Big Sam? Brucey? That bloke from Brentford? Our Tony Pulis?

Ive got no problem with going foreign, but I agree, pards is about the only option really. Pat of the problem with English football right now is the poor english managers on offer

i don't have those stats to hand smirking. That is what they will try to do tho. He wouldn't take it today obv, but you never know in Future.

The england mess wont be rectified until the new youngsters currently in the U16s etc start coming through. In the same way as an academy works

Potentially he'll be approached then ?!

Bertrand has had a very good season, but Rose hasn't been too shabby either. Decent player if you ask me and seeing as almost every saint ****s off shortly after getting into the England squad I'm happy Ryan has missed out. As Wenger said, we all think our own wives are the most beautiful.

As for the rest of the squad, id of been tempted to select Bollasie. From what I have seen this season he has been one of the most exciting players in the league. Terrifying pace, skills, direct powerful running. The end product is a little Wellbeck like, but nevertheless he makes things happen.

They arent at a top 5 national level though....

And dont seem to be autonomous as a team

I reckon if they'd had say, Joachim Löw managing them for the past 10 years, they might have performed like a top 5 side, or at the very least, they wouldn't have been Completely Embarrassing At Tournaments.

Bertrand has had a very good season, but Rose hasn't been too shabby either. Decent player if you ask me and seeing as almost every saint ****s off shortly after getting into the England squad I'm happy Ryan has missed out. As Wenger said, we all think our own wives are the most beautiful.

As for the rest of the squad, id of been tempted to select Bollasie. From what I have seen this season he has been one of the most exciting players in the league. Terrifying pace, skills, direct powerful running. The end product is a little Wellbeck like, but nevertheless he makes things happen.

Bolassie represents Congo (or something) I think.

He can defintely do a job. In 18 months time, unless the FA go for yet another £6m a year foreign megastar manager then Pardew is pretty much the only contender isn't he? Who else is there... Garry Monk? Big Sam? Brucey? That bloke from Brentford? Our Tony Pulis?

Adkins, everyone on here told us he'd be England manager soon.

I don't like Pardew or Fat Sam but I do think they'd do a better job. Hodgson is so dull and negative. But would any manager have the balls to leave out decent players for the good of the team? They haven't in many years.

I don't mind Bruce although he's not brilliant. Not much different in ability to Hodgson really. Gary Neville is the obvious choice really.

Still think it's odd the 2 foreign managers England tried were old and had zero experience of the English game. I don't mind foreign, but surely the minimum requirement is good Premier League experience?

I'd like us to go for Carlo when he leaves Madrid

I don't like Pardew or Fat Sam but I do think they'd do a better job. Hodgson is so dull and negative. But would any manager have the balls to leave out decent players for the good of the team? They haven't in many years.

I don't mind Bruce although he's not brilliant. Not much different in ability to Hodgson really. Gary Neville is the obvious choice really.

Still think it's odd the 2 foreign managers England tried were old and had zero experience of the English game. I don't mind foreign, but surely the minimum requirement is good Premier League experience?

Neville is only the obvious choice because he's not had the chance to fail anywhere yet.

A couple of years bimblimg around as manager of Hull or West Brom might change opinions of him.

Danny Rose out now but alas no call up for Bertrand

- but it will only go to strengthen his position if the " whoever plays LB " has a bad game.

Bertrand has at last got someone (Saints) to believe in him, after Chelsea farmed him out every year. It may take a while longer for Woy to recognise his talents...

although Baines has his feet under the table, and Shaw is out, I fail to see how he can choose Rose ...ahead of Bertrand. Must be " The North London connection ", I suppose.

Gibbs on the other hand, being an Arsenal player will help swell the crowd at any Wembley game, although he also fails to impress me very much.

Sure they said on 5live just at kick off that they heard a rumour that roy will call up bertrand tomorrow. They said they will try to ask him after this game

Hopefully they won't. If Hodgson rates Bertrand so little why call him up when he's already got 2 left backs in the squad. Tire out Arsenal's Gibbs given he picked him.