Posters on the edge

pap

Internet forums. They're a serious business. Let's be honest. If you post on here with any regularity, chances are we're all going to post some crapola once in a while. Sometimes, forum participants can go on a serious binge; we've seen it from time to time (arf!).

In full knowledge that I may one day (perhaps today) be a subject of relevant discussion on this thread, let me waste no further time in introducing "Posters on the Edge", intended to be a humourous and constructive "intervention" thread aimed at any posters that may have accidentally typed "off the f**king reservation" into their Internet forum sat-nav. You see why I think I may be involved at some future junction :)

This thread is for EMERGENCY PURPOSES ONLY*. I don't want to see it abused by frivolous claims or the resumption of residual rivalries**. I don't want the Bear sh!tting all over it with further accusations of Tokes batting habits***. It's just for putting out fires before they become conflagrations****.

* No it isn't

** I'm probably okay with that

*** It wouldn't be the same, plus Bear sh!t is smarter than your average sh!t.

**** Wouldn't that be lovely?

i was bang to rights :( I don't think i've ever done a post that wasn't in some way pointless, sarcastic or circumventing the cunt swear filter

I know! Maybe that's what Turkish was so upset about.

Homophobic or racist comment, on the other hand, frankly I'd be the first to dob you in.

Homophobic or racist comment, on the other hand, frankly I'd be the first to dob you in.

yeah it wasn't homophobic or racist tho, i done a post bout how Danny Ings face looks like he's special needs. I thought Danny Ings having a stupid looking face was Fair Game! It was dumb post!

Is It Ok If I Write Turkish Obituary Or Do You Think That Is Bad Form And It's Best Coming From His Friends And Family Like CB Fry or Suewhistle?

I would suggest that it will be more worthwhile than any Turks has ever made....lol

Is It Ok If I Write Turkish Obituary Or Do You Think That Is Bad Form And It's Best Coming From His Friends And Family Like CB Fry or Suewhistle?

I have no problem with you as author, Bear. I just don't want you wasting your time. Turks has been banned before and announced that he is never coming back. Has he really shuffled off the SaintsWeb coil?

And if so, for what reason? :)

woah missed that why was i savile?

You posted something about how the posters on SaintsWeb weren't really the victims of the establishment, more the guards following orders. What did you say about the mods again?

I will try to write a eulogy later, but it will require a little concentration. Camp he was not, he enjoyed the crack. Off he go. Ring the changes is what the mods want to do. I will miss him. Mler.

I will try to write a eulogy later, but it will require a little concentration. Camp he was not, he enjoyed the crack. Off he go. Ring the changes is what the mods want to do. I will miss him. Mler.

That is very good Fry.

You posted something about how the posters on SaintsWeb weren't really the victims of the establishment, more the guards following orders. What did you say about the mods again?

That the mods are more like Himmler & Hitler, issuing dictates from their safe bunkers in Berlin, but rarely visiting site themselves. That classic Benny Hill gag :thumbup:

Turkish's embarrassing little public breakdown was probably a sign of personal problems at home or at work and it's probably a good thing for him to get away from here for a bit.

Infractions for Bearsy's well humoured and harmless **** takes is ridiculous though and it looks like Stevegrant was geting a bit too precious, looks like he's calmed down a bit now.

That the mods are more like Himmler & Hitler, issuing dictates from their safe bunkers in Berlin, but rarely visiting site themselves :thumbup:

Ah, yes. The whole metaphor might explain what happened to Justice Mike. Perhaps he didn't like what the regime was doing and they rubbed him out.

I'm sure Turks will be back in some capacity. I think he should come back under the disguise of a lady and attempt to befriend sue.

Pretty tired path to beat that; I am sure Turks will wow us with a whole new comeback. Maybe as a geriatric, friendly but suffering early-mid stage dementia, that has not been done, right?

Pretty tired path to beat that; I am sure Turks will wow us with a whole new comeback. Maybe as a geriatric, friendly but suffering early-mid stage dementia, that has not been done, right?

That's a good angle actually. I think he could also pull off a camp Latino fashionista, so to speak. Or perhaps a gun grazed, PTSD Vietnam veteran signing off every post with, "You don't know man, you weren't there!!"

I'm sure he will surprise us all with something new and original.

Are you saying JustMike was Ernst Roem

I was thinking more of the generals that had retained a sense of honour from previous conflict, had given the regime the benefit of the doubt and realised, too late, that they were on the wrong side.

More the Valkyrie plotters.

Also, pointless and sarcastic remarks are the glue that holds this site together.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bring back deppo.

Was the other thread totally deleted? Funny I was just saying we hadn't had a banning in a while.

Mind you Turks generally has an anti-mods tirade and gets a temporary ban about once a year. Maybe it's a spring hormones thing?:bun:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bring back deppo.

Was the other thread totally deleted? Funny I was just saying we hadn't had a banning in a while.

Mind you Turks generally has an anti-mods tirade and gets a temporary ban about once a year. Maybe it's a spring hormones thing?:bun:

The other thread was totally deleted. Idiotic choice of title, by the way - compounded with a spelling mistake.

If Turks had gone with something relating to 1984, just as relevant, he'd still have a thread and an active user account.

Serious business, this forum lark.

Well, that's the thing. Different people come here for different reasons. Anyone who spent any time here should have twigged that Turks was here to take the p!ss, and there are two possible reactions to that. Ignore it, or get upset. Given that half the people can't ignore the innocuous stuff, it was almost a foregone conclusion that people would take the hump when he started a thread that many would find genuinely objectionable.

That all said, Turks can't really have it both ways. Like yourself, he's done the serious business quote before. I've little confidence that Turks really cared about SaintsWeb censorship, was probably just starting a provocative thread in one of his meltdown moments. We're all capable of them. Sincerely or not, he was asking people to treat this forum lark as serious business when his enterprises were being shut down.

Personally, I've no real issue with the modding on this site. I've had a little bit of my content 1984'ed, but never enough to make me start a thread about how oppressed I am, comparing on-site conditions to a totalitarian death camp.

Notice none of them from me. I am going for Mod of the year again.

Hey St Chalet! Are you allowed to hang out with us, or are their rules about not getting too friendly with the riff raff?

Also, can you put in the forum rules, that sexism is also not allowed (alongside racism and homophobia).

I know it won't make any difference, but it should be there!

Thanks!

Hey St Chalet! Are you allowed to hang out with us, or are their rules about not getting too friendly with the riff raff?

Also, can you put in the forum rules, that sexism is also not allowed (alongside racism and homophobia).

Thanks!

Ouchy ouchy, not what you'd expect from an M.A really. M.Sc maybe cos us scientific types often don't have time for spelling and grammar.

Thanks!

Oh Lou stop going on about sexism it really is boring. You are happy to play the female card when it suits.