I really don't get it.

Pilchards

After listening to the radio earlier and it said Liverpool are 5th plus Spurs, Tottenhan just behind in 7th.

The race for the champions league is really hotting up.

Excuse me but how on earth has Spurs got a better chance than us when our goal different is far more superior than them. It really hurts the BBC etc that we are ruffling the feathers of the so called big boys and I tell you what, I would love it if we qualify for the champions league as they will all eat big humble pie.

PS anyone know a thing about Forsters injury?

Leave it, its not worth it. We've slipped under the media radar for a long time now apart from a brief orgasmic flurry from the press earlier this season, in which they were mainly setting us up for a fall. If we get europe that's brilliant. If not, regroup for another shot next season.

It's because we're Southampton. Perennial underachievers and should simply not be anywhere near the top six or, heaven forbid, a European place.

Those places are already reserved for 'bigger' clubs don't you know.

Most commentators or pundits are living in denial of the fact we might finish ahead of those wonderful money spinning media luvvies who have a divine right to the top places in the league.

Even on sunday supplement when talking about the top 4 they said "and Spurs are still right in the mix as well", with no mention of Saints. Oh well.

I finally hit gold today in my hunt for Sunday Supplement's theme tune lyrics. Explains everything.

sucklement.png

Thank f**k for Frozen and the singalong culture, eh?

Just for the record Alyson Rudd of The Times seems to be hoping we make the Champions League and has said that if we do it would be the greatest football story of all time.

tbf, did hear that episode via podcast, but the general focus is on the big clubs, and tbf again, they're hardly unique in that.

It's because we're Southampton. Perennial underachievers and should simply not be anywhere near the top six or, heaven forbid, a European place.

Those places are already reserved for 'bigger' clubs don't you know.

Most commentators or pundits are living in denial of the fact we might finish ahead of those wonderful money spinning media luvvies who have a divine right to the top places in the league.

Even on sunday supplement when talking about the top 4 they said "and Spurs are still right in the mix as well", with no mention of Saints. Oh well.

Biased

B***ards

Clearly

After listening to the radio earlier and it said Liverpool are 5th plus Spurs, Tottenhan just behind in 7th.

Excuse me but how on earth has Spurs got a better chance than us when our goal different is far more superior than them. It really hurts the BBC etc that we are ruffling the feathers of the so called big boys and I tell you what, I would love it if we qualify for the champions league as they will all eat big humble pie.

I can't deal with this all on my own.

I heard it and believe he meant to say Saints, then Tottenham behind in 7th. Why would he have mentioned the same team twice? It's not like anyone listening needs clarification that Spurs and Tottenham are the same team.

BBC interviewed David Moyes yesterday . They were discussing the failure of English teams in the champions league . One of his two comments was they failed due to the premier league being very poor this year .

Bloody health so the teams above us were poor and that makes us crap

What a knob

BBC interviewed David Moyes yesterday . They were discussing the failure of English teams in the champions league . One of his two comments was they failed due to the premier league being very poor this year .

What a knob

Fair play for managing to wring out an Anti-Saints agenda angle from an interview which was not about Southampton FC in the slightest.

What a knob

That's convenient then, being that it's coincidentally the first season for over a decade that he hasn't been managing in the premier league. Clearly has a huge chip on his shoulder at getting sacked by Utd.

Just for the record Alyson Rudd of The Times seems to be hoping we make the Champions League and has said that if we do it would be the greatest football story of all time.

Condescending drivel.

How dare the media not mention us but on the other hand, how dare they mention us and be condescending.

What a knob

To be fair United have been poor and Arsenal patchy. Liverpool and Spurs weren't great early on.

Can't see anything but the old hierarchy in their usual interpermutable 4 places myself so I can see the why some journalists may take that view as well.. We blew it when we took 1 point from 3 home games, still we now know what we need to do for next season, ie not lose at home to Swansea.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If we make it at the end of the season we can rub their noses in it. Personally I think our inability to invest in a back up keeper when it was obviously needed shows that we are still not quite there. Europa would be great result but would surely stretch us even more next season. But yes, bloody annoying, these journos. Don't mind most of the teams but Spurs drive me round the bend with their deluded fans.

My paper (Independent) is worried that poor Chelsea might be without Costa because he might pull a hamstring. They don't mention Southampton will be without their goalkeeper probably for the rest of the season. All they say about him is that England will miss him in the squad for Friday

I don't mind, people haven't noticed that we have the best run-in. All we need to do is continue to win games, and in 3 or 4 games times everyone will start to lose their ****.

I know you lot hate the sexist bully a***holes, but tbf, Richard Keys & Andy Gray who present BeIn Sports English Language EPL coverage for the Middle East & North Africa have actually noticed our Run In, they have also repeatedly commented on us in a positive light and from our Twitter & FB group pages we know that the Arabic Language Commentators are sharing the same views, we ALSO know that we have attracted a lot of new "followers" this season who may one day grow into Supporters.

Their only issues with us are that 1) We are not used to being under pressure and 2) Pelle (and in fact us in general) had stopped scoring goals. In fact almost the same issues we Saints fans were discussing.

In our support they have said 1) Now we are out of the Top 4, that pressure is off and we can play the underdog again 2) Shane Long has made a huge impact in his last two matches.

They use the phrase "THINK that we will fall short" "Long's injury and Pelle's loss of form may have left us with too much to do" but unlike the Luvvies in the English Media, they acknowledge us, they acknowledge how bloody good we are and how bloody good our football is. In fact it's almost as if they enjoy sticking it back to the UK Media who so jumped on their backs. 8)

They LOVE saying "Southampton just won't go away"

Savage said a similar thing on a 606 phone-in back in November

The key games will be Spurs at home and Everton away - the other games I am confident we will win without too much of a problem. If we can go into the Citeh game in with a shout, you never know!

If Utd come out of their next 4 fixtures with four wins then hats off to them and well done. But I think they are a very limited side and if put under pressure at the back will buckle.

I would be delighted with a Europa League spot, but I would be doing a pretty spectacular dance on the beaches of Bulgaria if we somehow do the 'impossible' and get into the CL.

If we get 7th I will be happy

If we get 6th I will be happier

If we get 5th I will be delighted (especially if we are above Liverpool and Tottenham)

If we get 4th I will be delirious

If we get 3rd I will be dumbfounded

If we get 2nd or higher I will be dreaming - please wake me up

The Sunday Times had a column listing the fixtures for clubs with CL ambitions (i.e. 4th place as the top 3 are pretty certain) - the list showed Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs!!! Not a mention of Saints. However on a previous page (from a different journalist) they showed the run in for all clubs in the mix for the top 7 places and had to show Saints!

Sky sports did a long piece on the top 4 race and Saints were listed above Spurs. They looked at the top 7 and their fixtures, confirming Saints and Spurs had good fixtures. Gary Neville and Thierry Henry seem to be very praising too

Sky sports did a long piece on the top 4 race and Saints were listed above Spurs. They looked at the top 7 and their fixtures, confirming Saints and Spurs had good fixtures. Gary Neville and Thierry Henry seem to be very praising too

If we can get ourselves on an epic end of season run, which is possible as our fixtures aren't too bad, then we could place ourselves in an amazing situation. I don't believe Top 4 will happen, but I think we'll keep the dream alive for longer than most imagine. The spurs game is massive. I think the winner of that takes 6th, and possibly keeps themselves into contention for the top 4.

and of course ..if we qualify (God willing )..and they don't ......all those sad journos, will been " amazed" that Saints suddenly "sneaked into the last place " .....

...and what a shame it is that a great club like Spuds missed the Euro's ..YET AGAIN! Not worth the breath to argue it, after 24th May...it'll all be academic anyway.

The key games will be Spurs at home and Everton away - the other games I am confident we will win without too much of a problem. If we can go into the Citeh game in with a shout, you never know!

If Utd come out of their next 4 fixtures with four wins then hats off to them and well done. But I think they are a very limited side and if put under pressure at the back will buckle.

I would be delighted with a Europa League spot, but I would be doing a pretty spectacular dance on the beaches of Bulgaria if we somehow do the 'impossible' and get into the CL.

Are we likely to draw a Bulgarian team in the Champions League?

I don't usually wish ill on players, but if Roy could swing it so that Harry Kane picks up a knock that keeps him out for April, i would appreciate it.

seems the bad luck is " evening out ", because Spuds lost their goalie Lloris, with a knee injury too. Don't know how long he's out for though.

Need to separate things: From what I have read, most Journos and folks in the game would love us to qualify for CL - as it would show the strength in depth in the Prem, + is good for the game as a whole... but from a media perspective, stories/coverage etc, they are quite rightly most concerned about clubs with the biggest followings = biggest readership/ratings etc.

Back during the summer of doom, all I was hopeful for was that we progress - ignore what position we end up in, but that we progress from 54 points to say 60 etc. After all the sales, I could not see that happening, but we could still end up with 65/66 IMHO and that would be a phenomenal season.

I don't think we'll make the top 4, but I do think that 5th is up for grabs between us, the bin dippers, and the spuds - ( I'd love to finish above Adam the Llama, Dejan Lost-his-Head-in-Liverpool, and the Argie ). It is almost certain we cannot be worse than 7th, which after all is still an improvement on last season.

I don't think we'll make the top 4, but I do think that 5th is up for grabs between us, the bin dippers, and the spuds - ( I'd love to finish above Adam the Llama, Dejan Lost-his-Head-in-Liverpool, and the Argie ). It is almost certain we cannot be worse than 7th, which after all is still an improvement on last season.

Awww man that's hilarious!! Adam the Llama... Lost his head in liverpool.... spuds.... how do you come up with that stuff!? I'm in pieces here, it's just so unique and doesn't sound like a small child finding insults before they've learnt to swear.

Seriously mate golden post that one it should definitely be archived for future readers!

We are only two wins away from Manure.Should they lose a couple we still have to beat Everton and Spuds.More than anything I want us to really put Spuds to the cosh.Liverhampton being beaten yesterday was great.Mr.Eternally cynical got his just deserts and the England Captain missed a penalty.On top of that we got three points.What's to complain about?

Oh! We'll beat Everton.

I don't mind, people haven't noticed that we have the best run-in. All we need to do is continue to win games, and in 3 or 4 games times everyone will start to lose their ****.

but to be fair weve also lost our goalkeeper which in the run in seems to be a bad situation so i wouldnt say we have the easiest of run ins of course on paper it looks like that but whod have thought leicester to score 3 away at spuds and not get anything so yes on paper ok but its not about paper.

Awww man that's hilarious!! Adam the Llama... Lost his head in liverpool.... spuds.... how do you come up with that stuff!? I'm in pieces here, it's just so unique and doesn't sound like a small child finding insults before they've learnt to swear.

Seriously mate golden post that one it should definitely be archived for future readers!

I'm pleased that I've brightened your otherwise grey day.