Jeremy Clarkson sacked by the BBC

Saint-Armstrong

So then, it appears that Clarkson and Top Gear were not totally honest when they said that the H982 FKL number plate incident was a complete coincidence. Apparently the plate was illegally changed when the car entered Patagonia. Who would have thought that it was a deliberate wind up by Clarkson/Top Gear? :scared:

So then, it appears that Clarkson and Top Gear were not totally honest when they said that the H982 FKL number plate incident was a complete coincidence. Apparently the plate was illegally changed when the car entered Patagonia. Who would have thought that it was a deliberate wind up by Clarkson/Top Gear? :scared:

As if anyone believed them.

Still, nice to be sure.

Thanks. SOG.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evans more than capable of hosting that show.

They'll find some new faces from the world of motoring journalism to work with him, and I'd bet at least one of them becomes a big star. After all they've done that before with James May. And Richard Hammond. And Jeremy Clarkson.

If you're black or female, get your CV's in sharpish.

Make a change to the white middle Ccass bigot who got the boot!

Evans is a great choice, the programme needed an overhaul and I think might be just the falla to make it work.

Viewing figures will half. Most people watch it for Clarkson and his mates. No way you can replicate that chemistry. Massive waste of licence fee money (not to mention future syndication revenues, Clarkson has a massive overseas following). I won't make an effort to watch it, I don't mind Evans either, in fact I like him. However no doubt viewing figures will tank.

If you're black or female, get your CV's in sharpish.

To be fair to the BBC, they somehow managed to find the black & female version of Patrick Moore to do the new Sky at Night. She's miles better than that drink of water that they were lining up to take over from the big man as well.

yes I am a nerd

How will you know if its any good if you don't watch a few episodes?

As I said, I won't make an effort. If it's on and I'm in with nowt else to watch yeah, I'll give it a try. I'm not like these lunatics that hate Clarkson despite apparently never watching him or reading his excellent (IMO) Sunday Times Driving & News Review columns, I won't judge it until I've seen it, I'm simply not that fussed to watch it without the proper presenters. However the days of looking forward to the latest series and Sky+'ing the entire series are long gone. Clarkson had to be sacked, no doubt about that. Just a shame that the BBC's biggest money maker has the cash tap turned off now considering licence revenues are dropping at alarming levels. Just calling it like it is, viewing figures will be around half of what they were in the UK and maybe 25% globally, people love to have a go at him but JC and his pals absolutely nailed the formula for 5m+ Neanderthals like me in the UK (and 200m+ globally including that right wing, Daily Mail reading head case the Deli Lama who would watch it live without fail every week) that like a bit of un-PC nonsense on a Sunday night.

Edited by JackanorySFC

As I said, I won't make an effort. If it's on and I'm in with nowt else to watch yeah, I'll give it a try. I'm not like these lunatics that hate Clarkson despite apparently never watching him or reading his excellent (IMO) Sunday Times Driving & News Review columns, I won't judge it until I've seen it, I'm simply not that fussed to watch it without the proper presenters. However the days of looking forward to the latest series and Sky+'ing the entire series are long gone. Clarkson had to be sacked, no doubt about that. Just a shame that the BBC's biggest money maker has the cash tap turned off now considering licence revenues are dropping at alarming levels. Just calling it like it is, viewing figures will be around half of what they were in the UK and maybe 25% globally, people love to have a go at him but JC and his pals absolutely nailed the formula for 5m+ Neanderthals like me in the UK (and 200m+ globally including that right wing, Daily Mail reading head case the Deli Lama who would watch it live without fail every week) that like a bit of un-PC nonsense on a Sunday night.

Or they may gain viewers as Clarkson has now left ? Clarkson was the main reason I never watched Top Gear .... I will probably watch it now!

Or they may gain viewers as Clarkson has now left ? Clarkson was the main reason I never watched Top Gear .... I will probably watch it now!

I am pretty certain you are in the minority there but respect your point of view. Will happily make a £10 charity bet with you the series viewing figures will be less?

I am pretty certain you are in the minority there but respect your point of view. Will happily make a £10 charity bet with you the series viewing figures will be less?

It probably will be less, but I'm another one in the couldn't stand the cheesy worn out routines between Clarkson, Hammond and May. I like Chris Evans.

agree i think chris evans is a good choice,but has all things in life,top gear became to predicable and the jokes became more and more lame,it needed fresh talent has it became so predicable and boring in the end.

Despite recognising his broadcasting and journalistic talent, watching TG and reading his column I still think he is d**head, I also believe that Evans has every chance of making a new version a success despite the Clarkson apologists.

It probably will be less, but I'm another one in the couldn't stand the cheesy worn out routines between Clarkson, Hammond and May. I like Chris Evans.

I'm definitely on your side. I stopped watching TG a few years back as I found Clarkson and Hammond incredibly irritating. I always found May interesting and enjoyed a lot of his spin-off shows. I've always been a fan of Chris Evans, grew up with the Big Breakfast and TFI Friday and now listen to his R2 show most mornings. So I'm actually quite excited to see the new series now. I just hope they change the format a bit by ditching the contrived studio bits, they're so dull and overly scripted.

I'm definitely on your side. I stopped watching TG a few years back as I found Clarkson and Hammond incredibly irritating. I always found May interesting and enjoyed a lot of his spin-off shows. I've always been a fan of Chris Evans, grew up with the Big Breakfast and TFI Friday and now listen to his R2 show most mornings. So I'm actually quite excited to see the new series now. I just hope they change the format a bit by ditching the contrived studio bits, they're so dull and overly scripted.

Basically, you want them to change and are happy they have changed pretty much a good chunk that made top gear a world wide success

Good point

Basically, you want them to change and are happy they have changed pretty much a good chunk that made top gear a world wide success

Good point

Justin Bieber is in international mega star, doesn't mean he's any good or that I like him.

That's the thing about opinions...

no doubt to reach the BBC equality rules the presenters need to be black, gay, lesbian, disabled,push bike riding, tree huggers and do not need to own or ever had a car

Which TV corporation made Top Gear? I could have sworn it was the BBC.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Rumours have been around in the press for some time now that Matt Leblanc and Chris Events did not get along very well - rumours perhaps confirmed by this news. As for Top Gear itself, methinks if you liked the old show then you will probably like the new version too.

I certainly do.

not many did it seems

While there's a chance that Eddie Jordan's potato head will pop on to screen during the show, you can count me out. The man is a blithering idiot. He's saying this week that it 'upsets him' when F1 drivers 'waste' champagne by spraying it on the podium! Presumably it must also 'upset him' when the Queen smashes a bottle of bubbly against ships!