Aston Villa Ticket Rip Off - SFC Screwing Fans Over

pluto

This was on the Football Fans Federation Facebook page.......

Dear FSF,

Southampton fans should consider boycotting the final home match of the season after the Club made the match tickets the most expensive Category A alongside Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United etc. The Club are exploiting fans because last season this match was a Category C game, the cheapest tickets. The price hike is solely down to it being the last home match, which normally has a high attendance. So Saints have cynically put the price up in a move never seen before at Southampton FC.

M Standon

Southampton

I cannot believe the Club would stoop so slow and shaft fans because its the last home game of the season.

Clearly this match should be CAT C and nothing more like last season.

Dear FSF,

Southampton fans should consider boycotting the final home match of the season after the Club made the match tickets the most expensive Category A alongside Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United etc. The Club are exploiting fans because last season this match was a Category C game, the cheapest tickets. The price hike is solely down to it being the last home match, which normally has a high attendance. So Saints have cynically put the price up in a move never seen before at Southampton FC.

M Standon

Southampton

I cannot believe the Club would stoop so slow and shaft fans because its the last home game of the season.

Given the usual demand from Saints fans for the last home game the less tickets Villa take the better it will be for our fans,

so tell them to boycott away, all the more for our lads and lasses. They'll have Cup Final tickets to spend their money on anyway.

Dear FSF,

M Standon

Southampton

Well there's always the Sussex Senior Cup Final at the Amex - Lewes v Whitehawk. Sounds like a cracker for probably around a tenner

Dear FSF,

M Standon

Southampton

Why? You're having a laugh. Price is based on the popularity of the game.

Last season this game was midweek, small travelling support so a Cat C game. This season it is the last home game (last Vile away game therefore potentially larger travelling support) of one of the best seasons the club has had for many years with the possibility of European football. What is wrong with the club maximising revenue? If you don't want to pay stay away, you won't be missed.

Since when ?

Top price games have always been Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham etc

SFC are mugging fans off

No they're not. It's simple supply and demand. It's not done on the quality of opposition, it's popularity. So if we ever played the skates in a league game again it would be Cat A.

Move on.

Dear FSF,

M Standon

Southampton

Personally don't think he has a leg to stand on. Its the last game of the season and the chance to see the team off for the summer.... Its a special occasion in those respects and you pay for it. Or you get a season ticket.

If I remember correctly, the reason the Villa match is Category A is because they refused to drop their prices for Saints fans in their home match when the prices were initially discussed and Saints are basically charging the Villa away fans as much as our fans got charged up there (which ended up being televised on a Monday (?) anyway).

Conversely, Saints and Newcastle both agreed to charge away fans less.

Edited by The9

Got nothing do with Villa away, their prices are because of the location of away fans in a main stand.

Last season the last match was Man United so obviously a CAT A game and before that was Stoke which was Cat C ;)

This is the first time EVER in the clubs history that they have changed the price of a game because its the last home match.

Got nothing do with Villa away, their prices are because of the location of away fans in a main stand.

Last season the last match was Man United so obviously a CAT A game and before that was Stoke which was Cat C ;)

This is the first time EVER in the clubs history that they have changed the price of a game because its the last home match.

It's your assumption that they've done that. I've heard from other sources that it was Villa's doing and Saints retaliating.

Plus you're basically moaning about nothing because there are the same number of A, B and C games as last season overall.

It was announced that game would be Cat A before the season started

So why are people moaning now !

This. And also making a bunch of assumptions about why it's happened. And ignoring that as a result, a different Cat A match this season has been a Cat B.

Lol is someone upset as they only go to one game a season and it's the last one or something? If it was the cup final then the prices would have been doubled. Should they also be less depending on the opposition in the final or is the occasion and the fact more people want to go reason enough to charge more.

Supply and demand I am afraid...over the season same number of cat a to c so can't see th e issue?

Hull is still on sale if cheaper tickets are required!

This thread is just absolute b*llocks, a clear case of someone trying to sh*t stir.

Get a life or better still get a season ticket!

Or maybe they should have worked harder at school and then wouldn't be so stressed at finding extra £5 or whatever ;)

If you don't want to pay stay away, you won't be missed.

That's the spirit. Any saints fan unable or unwilling to pay whatever the club request should just **** off. We don't need you, we don't want you, we don't like you. You ****ing poor person. Go on,**** off. Die, you cheap skate.

Take it from me you won't be missed. No one missed me when I stopped going. But then again I'm a ****, just like Saint lindford.

That's the spirit. Any saints fan unable or unwilling to pay whatever the club request should just **** off. We don't need you, we don't want you, we don't like you. You ****ing poor person. Go on,**** off. Die, you cheap skate.

Take it from me you won't be missed. No one missed me when I stopped going. But then again I'm a ****, just like Saint lindford.

I am puzzled as to what it is you (and the other people complaining about this) want (other than the elimination of the profanity filter). You want tickets to watch Southampton FC to be priced at a low enough price that all the fans can afford them, but you also want them available to you when you decide you want to go to a game. You should realize that these on contradictory goals. If the tickets are cheap they sell out soon. If there were really cheap enough, the whole stadium would sell out with season tickets.

Also, a 5 pound across the board ticket increase will bring in nearly 2.9 million pounds which is more than most of our players earn in a year. Despite the big TV contracts, ticket income is important to improving the club (particularly since it can be used to increase the salary cap, unlike TV money).

I am puzzled as to what it is you (and the other people complaining about this) want (other than the elimination of the profanity filter). You want tickets to watch Southampton FC to be priced at a low enough price that all the fans can afford them, but you also want them available to you when you decide you want to go to a game. You should realize that these on contradictory goals. If the tickets are cheap they sell out soon. If there were really cheap enough, the whole stadium would sell out with season tickets.

Also, a 5 pound across the board ticket increase will bring in nearly 2.9 million pounds which is more than most of our players earn in a year. Despite the big TV contracts, ticket income is important to improving the club (particularly since it can be used to increase the salary cap, unlike TV money).

I agree with all of this Redslo. My only caveat would be that paying anything at all to watch Villa is too much.

I don't think many think like this.

If the post was protesting against high ticket prices in general I would be sympathetic.

However to pick one game smacks of wanting to go to that game and only that game. I am sure they are not so desperate to see Villa that this is about seeing them live.

Is this about the last game of the season and bashing the club?

As I said if the op is desperate to see saints there is a cat c game before the end of the season which is still on general sale!

So if I object to being exploited then it's 'tough' and I shouldn't question anything and simply except the crazy ticket price rises.

The main point here is that this last home match price hike has NEVER happened before at SFC.

Hugh increase in TV revenue and ticket prices have risen.

Dear FSF,

M Standon

Southampton

It's called supply and demand.

Surely what constitutes which category a game is, is supply & demand (as stated ^) rather than solely who the opponent is. The big teams (as mentioned - Man U, Chelsea, Pool etc) always - and I think it safe to say always - bring an increased demand so are Cat A. So I can't see a case for whinging that this is a Cat A rather than Cat C as the demand for this game justifies it as Cat A.

So if I object to being exploited then it's 'tough' and I shouldn't question anything and simply except the crazy ticket price rises.

The main point here is that this last home match price hike has NEVER happened before at SFC.

Hugh increase in TV revenue and ticket prices have risen.

I think you'll find a lot of fans on here will disagree with you, as this is an example of the much lauded dynamic/easyjet pricing model people were so in favour of when stadium expansion is being discussed. For those that don't get the concept In simple terms there is no fixed ticket prices as such, so when demand is high prices go up, when demand is low prices come down. The last game of the season is a high demand game so great to see the club reacting to the demands of fans by putting the price up in a dynamic pricing model fashion. Rather than feeling this is a rip off The price increase is actually great news and yet more evidence what a fan friendly board of directors we have now who are listening and reacting accordingly.

Good job they didn't make the game a linked sale to the Hull game, like they have done many times in the past......... Having to cough up for 2 games at once a month apart would have just been bang out of order.

Lawrie McMenemy once commented that when we signed Kevin Keegan the club doubled the ticket prices next season and everyone paid the increase without any fuss, not even one letter of complaint printed in the Echo......... or any comment whatsoever.

I have a season ticket so I couldn't give a crap about those fans complaining about price hikes for individual matches :o

So do I, but....I did buy a ticket for the seat directly in front of our 2 season tickets the other day, as I wanted to go with my father and my son. Lucky it was Cat C :)

Huge increase in TV revenue and ticket prices have risen.

Again, you have no evidence whatsoever that ticket prices are higher just because it's the last home match. Whilst I've heard a rumour which says it's Villa's fault. Which was from 4 months ago, which is still 3 months after you probably should have been complaining about this, too.

As for the tv revenue, every Prem team has had it, the consequence being every Prem team is better placed than any other league's teams to sign the best players in the world and pay them stupid money, the consequence of that being that a massive amount of the extra money, as it always has, goes to the players and agents. Meanwhile, dropping matchday prices doesn't actually make the club any more money - and it is a business attempting sustainability, not a charity.

I'm not saying the club shouldn't consider reducing the price of tickets (they're not btw, last week's rumour I heard was that it'll be £720 for next season's ST in the Northam), but I'm more than happy that there are a fixed number of Cat A tickets, which we've known since July last year, and I'm also fairly comfortable that the club isn't just hiking the last game.

Then again, if the last game is against Brentford (or similar) next season and it's also a Cat A, you might have a point. But even then I can gladly state that I couldn't care less even if the club does make the last home game a Cat A, provided they still have the same number of Cat A League matches as they do this season.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/documents/1415-match-prices148-1788601.pdf

Can't understand the fuss over this being Cat A. I don't hear people whinging about QPR being a Cat B.

Interestingly, me having said there are the same number of Cat A as previous seasons, this shows there aren't, and they have added a Cat A from what was previously a Cat B (I think in 2013/14 it was 6-6-7. But they've also added at least one to Cat C which was Cat B, which offsets the cost (if you ignore that basically ALL prices are higher than they were the previous season and only consider the relationship between the Cat A,B,C matches).

The other thing of note is that QPR being in Cat B supports the notion that clubs with expensive home tickets (and therefore expensive tickets for Saints fans at away matches) are reflected by being higher on the Category scale - QPR and Villa are two of the more expensive away tickets, so conversely we charge their fans more to see us. It's both in line with their cost expectations and reasonable to charge similar amounts for the same two teams playing, albeit at different venues.

Exploit - make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.

Simple answer to the whole thing if you do feel it unfair and/or underhand - don't buy a ticket. Take it or leave it. There is no compulsion. Really, it's very very simple.