Season Tickets 2015/16

ladysaint

Well done? With 0% inflation rate, it's not really a hugely magnanimous gesture. Would have been nice with ever increasing TV revenue, even with pressure from FFP to maximise income, to have given something back to the fans, even if it was just a 1-2% decrease.

Well done? With 0% inflation rate, it's not really a hugely magnanimous gesture. Would have been nice with ever increasing TV revenue, even with pressure from FFP to maximise income, to have given something back to the fans, even if it was just a 1-2% decrease.

The new TV deal doesn't kick in until 2016/17. Freezing prices is fair I think.

Pretty sure I paid more then that last year.

"The great news for current Season Ticket holders is that renewal prices have been frozen for 2015/16 while some will see a reduction in prices due to a new configuration of the stadium layout."

"The great news for current Season Ticket holders is that renewal prices have been frozen for 2015/16 while some will see a reduction in prices due to a new configuration of the stadium layout."

Excellent. Yay for the Itchen/Chapel corner.

Good work by the club.

Edited by Colinjb

Glad to see they're not trying to completely con us. With inflation at 0%, announcing a profit this week and rumours of more players leaving again, increasing prices would have been a joke.

Hope they make a small gesture next year of a 3-5% decrease in prices when the new TV money comes in. Would be great to lead the way. Would show what sort of "community club" Rodgers mentioned.

Got rid of mine last season due to not being able to go to many games due to personal circumstances - however I've ended up doing the majority anyway, so might well just buy one this year and sell the ones when I can't make it, I like that idea. Also if we're in the Uefa, a lot will be moved to Sundays therefore more likely to be able to go to those.

Really happy with that, unexpected in the current age of clubs squeezing every penny possible out of fans. My seat also reduced by £29. Opportunity to sell ticket on for games you can't make very clever too, personally I always shift mine to a mate for £20 but know others will prefer the clubs option. I imagine at those prices the Itchen North could be pretty busy next season. Priority for potential European away games a big factor as well.

Will be interesting what they do price wise for 2016/17 with the new TV deal, not assuming the worst like I usually do.

U11 tickets in the family stand are an absolute steal. My youngest wants to come next season too so I can now take 2 kids for less than it cost for one this season.

Also U17 tickets are much cheaper which is a good move.

I can't see how anyone can grumble about a price freeze and a well thought out change in pricing structure around the ground.

Well done Saints.

Lots of thoughts about the TV deal money to lead to a reduction in season ticket price. How about the additional money from the new TV deal when it comes into play is used to keep or attract the best players? Just a thought ;)

Because some of us would like to watch football in a World where some of the billions of extra TV revenue are passed to us, the fans and custodians of the game, rather than already multi millionaire players and agents.

Obviously it isn't a bad thing at all that prices have been frozen or reduced a bit.

But to be honest, the price you have to pay for Premier League football is ridiculously high.

I went to a Bristol City game a few years ago and got added to their marketing email list. Their renewal prices came through the other week:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-announce-201516-season-ticket-prices-2336565.aspx

Granted they are in League One at the moment, but in all likelihood they are going to be back in the Championship next season. Can't fault the prices they're asking fans to pay, especially if you are under 22.

My point being really that, whilst Saints have done well not to hike prices next season, it's not like they are particularly great value either. But each to their own!

Lots of thoughts about the TV deal money to lead to a reduction in season ticket price. How about the additional money from the new TV deal when it comes into play is used to keep or attract the best players? Just a thought ;)

Why not then increase prices by, say, 30% so that we can offer already overpaid footballers even more money to come and grace the turf at SMS?

Try telling clubs when they're selling players or agents when they want their fees that inflation is 0%.

Obviously it isn't a bad thing at all that prices have been frozen or reduced a bit.

But to be honest, the price you have to pay for Premier League football is ridiculously high.

I went to a Bristol City game a few years ago and got added to their marketing email list. Their renewal prices came through the other week:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-announce-201516-season-ticket-prices-2336565.aspx

Granted they are in League One at the moment, but in all likelihood they are going to be back in the Championship next season. Can't fault the prices they're asking fans to pay, especially if you are under 22.

My point being really that, whilst Saints have done well not to hike prices next season, it's not like they are particularly great value either. But each to their own!

It's supply and demand though. Bristol City won't regularly sell out in the championship, but Saints will in the Prem - and have this season.

The prices the tickets are right now feel perfect for a Premier League team. I don't think they should be any higher than that in all honesty.

Really happy with that, unexpected in the current age of clubs squeezing every penny possible out of fans. My seat also reduced by £29. Opportunity to sell ticket on for games you can't make very clever too, personally I always shift mine to a mate for £20 but know others will prefer the clubs option. I imagine at those prices the Itchen North could be pretty busy next season. Priority for potential European away games a big factor as well.

Will be interesting what they do price wise for 2016/17 with the new TV deal, not assuming the worst like I usually do.

Anyone know how the individual match sell on works? Couldn't find details on official website.

Anyone know how the individual match sell on works? Couldn't find details on official website.

Prob still working on it, but you would have to assume that there would be a limit to the times you can do it though, perhaps 3-4 times a year?

Other clubs have had similar schemes established for a number of years, maybe check out how their's work?

Excellent renewal prices, and a reduction in the corners, very pleased with this package all round.

They do it at Villa already so maybe check with their website?

Only slight negatives is that with the sell back scheme, you'll see a lot of people buying a season ticket, only attending United/Liverpool etc and selling back the rest. I guess the seats are still there to be filled, but it means JCLs will get more seats for the 'bigger' games.

Also, if i'm being fussy, the renewal period (7th april - 24th may) seems a bit soon and short.

It's supply and demand though. Bristol City won't regularly sell out in the championship, but Saints will in the Prem - and have this season.

The prices the tickets are right now feel perfect for a Premier League team. I don't think they should be any higher than that in all honesty.

Funny you should say that - they're redeveloping the stadium at the moment and capacity is down. As a result, they've nearly sold out most of their games this season; the article I quoted says that too. Presumably if they get in the Champ next season then demand will be a tad higher too.

Anyway, you're quite right about supply and demand. To be fair, people have been used to getting walloped with fuel prices, gas/electricity, food etc over the past few years, so if your season ticket hasn't gone up, or has even gone down a bit, then people aren't likely to complain.

Just think Saints and the other Premier League clubs could do a lot more price-wise for season tickets to show they actually care.

Only slight negatives is that with the sell back scheme, you'll see a lot of people buying a season ticket, only attending United/Liverpool etc and selling back the rest. I guess the seats are still there to be filled, but it means JCLs will get more seats for the 'bigger' games.

Dunno if I'd be offering the service on games that ain't sold out, but maybe club is less Mercenary, than what I am :thumbup:

When you move seats does that count as a renewal or a new purchase?

answers to question given here

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/

will cost you £10 for the privalage

Can I move my Season Ticket seat?

If you would like to move your Season Ticket it is required that you renew your current seat, and then fill out a transfer request form online. You will then be contacting the week commencing 25th May with regards to your move.

Will it cost to move my Season Ticket?

There is a £10 admin charge per Season Ticket to transfer

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/index.aspx#MIt8xi2lF6FWRkee.99

answers to question given here

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/

will cost you £10 for the privalage

Can I move my Season Ticket seat?

If you would like to move your Season Ticket it is required that you renew your current seat, and then fill out a transfer request form online. You will then be contacting the week commencing 25th May with regards to your move.

Will it cost to move my Season Ticket?

There is a £10 admin charge per Season Ticket to transfer

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/index.aspx#MIt8xi2lF6FWRkee.99

Ah good news, thanks.

My two have gone up from £709 to £737 each. How can they call that 'frozen'?

Where is your seat?

Central Kingsland, half-way line.

Those seats were £737 as a renewal for 2014/15 - http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/15032014-201415-season-ticket-information-1489543.aspx

They are also £737 as a renewal for 2015/16 - http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150331-2015-16-season-ticket-prices-announced-2367028.aspx

So they have been frozen.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Well I am happy with the price I pay, did expect it to go up slightly. I think they are trying other ideas to give something back to the fans.

Free WiFi at the ground might be nice... (for before after and at half time before anyone comes up with the 'you should be watching the match' comment).

Sorry, you're right, I've just checked my bank accounts to see what I had paid -

22-June-2012 £1353

18-June-2013 £1418

5-May-2014 £1474

(I've got the sun in my eyes this afternoon ;))