Season Tickets 2015/16

ladysaint

Would be good to see some attempt by the club to offer some better pricing for younger adults, ( under 25s perhaps)whether cheaper STs, or cheaper match day seats for less attractive fixtures, or whatever.

PL prices are a big ask for a lot of youngsters.

answers to question given here

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/

will cost you £10 for the privalage

Can I move my Season Ticket seat?

If you would like to move your Season Ticket it is required that you renew your current seat, and then fill out a transfer request form online. You will then be contacting the week commencing 25th May with regards to your move.

Will it cost to move my Season Ticket?

There is a £10 admin charge per Season Ticket to transfer

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-faqs/index.aspx#MIt8xi2lF6FWRkee.99

Bit cheeky really that despite spending the best part of £700 on a season ticket, they charge as much as £10 to do little more than go on a computer and assign your name to a different seat in the stadium. Poor show IMO.

That's not a lot of time to renew. Was hoping to pay for mine with my annual bonus which comes in the June pay packet.

Still, decent pricing. How many did we sell for this season? Would expect it to increase.

If you paid for it on credit card at end of May you shouldn't need to pay it off until July

Bit cheeky really that despite spending the best part of £700 on a season ticket, they charge as much as £10 to do little more than go on a computer and assign your name to a different seat in the stadium. Poor show IMO.

I moved seat last season and didn't get charged. From memory there were a few others on here who also didn't get charged so it seems almost discretionary.

So we get mugged off again, pay up front before this season ends with no chance of finding out how many of our best players will bugger off in the close season. Just what they did to us last year and yeah, so it all worked out nicely in the end last time but miracles like lightning strikes rarely happen twice in the same place.

So we get mugged off again, pay up front before this season ends with no chance of finding out how many of our best players will bugger off in the close season. Just what they did to us last year and yeah, so it all worked out nicely in the end last time but miracles like lightning strikes rarely happen twice in the same place.

Don't ****ing go then - that's your problem solved.

Well done? With 0% inflation rate, it's not really a hugely magnanimous gesture. Would have been nice with ever increasing TV revenue, even with pressure from FFP to maximise income, to have given something back to the fans, even if it was just a 1-2% decrease.

The problem is that there are ways that increased ticket revenue can be more useful than increased TV revenue and a reduction in non-TV revenue can potentially create problems. This would only matter if we have substantially increased our payroll for players but it is still something to think about.

Why not then increase prices by, say, 30% so that we can offer already overpaid footballers even more money to come and grace the turf at SMS?

One good reason would be because that move would probably reduce revenue.

That only makes sense if you consider what happened last summer a miracle rather than a favorable result arising out of good planning. In any case, they have undoubtedly planned even better for this summer. Management almost certainly knows whether Schneiderlin is going and probably has a good idea about Clyne.

Edited by Redslo
putting all my eggs in one basket

Does not the FSA have anything to say about an interest free installment plan with a £35 admin fee. Sounds like 5% interest.

Sure everyone who takes up the plan is happy. Assume Wonga would not be allowed to advertise £1000 interest free loan with £45000 admin fee?

Nothing to get worked up by and obviously simpler to administer a fixed fee.

Does not the FSA have anything to say about an interest free installment plan with a £35 admin fee. Sounds like 5% interest.

Sure everyone who takes up the plan is happy. Assume Wonga would not be allowed to advertise £1000 interest free loan with £45000 admin fee?

Nothing to get worked up by and obviously simpler to administer a fixed fee.

It was a £50 fee last year wasn't it?

There's so many credit cards with long term 0% balance transfers and minimal fees that anyone paying the admin fee through Saints is a tad silly anyway.

The deadline is earlier this season - 24th May.

Given that the season starts sooner and it also covers 2 paydays I don't think that's a problem. Still way better than Cortese's "bring it out on Friday, pay us cash before the next payday" version.

My prices are down a bit, seriously unexpected, well done SFC. Also note the official "ability to resell your seats for matches you are unable to attend". Excellent.

That sort of helps when matches are rescheduled for TV when I can't make it, but only if I could sell, which is not always so easy from London. In effect I usually give my seat to a friend if I can, but it's not always possible. (Good that this is now legal.) I would have preferred a full refund on the pro-rata price of my ST seat. After all, clubs are effectively getting extra money from TV companies for reschedules matches.

Given that the season starts sooner and it also covers 2 paydays I don't think that's a problem. Still way better than Cortese's "bring it out on Friday, pay us cash before the next payday" version.

That really annoyed me. Give them around £1400 and they would charge you for not paying by cash. Any other business would invite you in, sit you on a comfy sofa and give you a cup of coffee, maybe even offer you some biscuits but this lot make you stand outside in the wind and rain :(

That really annoyed me. Give them around £1400 and they would charge you for not paying by cash. Any other business would invite you in, sit you on a comfy sofa and give you a cup of coffee, maybe even offer you some biscuits but this lot make you stand outside in the wind and rain :(

They do now give you a cup of tea or coffee for free whilst queuing for tickets. :-)

What really annoyed me was the assumption that people would have enough money sitting around mid-month to be able to find it without the period overlapping a pay day (even if I'd been in a position to have £600 spare at that point). Still, thanks to friends and some creative accounting we managed to stump up for 2 STs all through Cortese's best efforts to be a d1ck for the hell of it.

It was a £50 fee last year wasn't it?

There's so many credit cards with long term 0% balance transfers and minimal fees that anyone paying the admin fee through Saints is a tad silly anyway.

A lot of people have suffered from the squeeze on credit over the past 5 years or so, getting a 0% card if you didn't already have a card wasn't that easy.

Yep. Last season we knew it was going to happen also. I left mine to almost the last minute, when I decided to downgrade to a slightly less expensive area. By that time I had come round to the fact that we were gonna have to rebuild again, and that because we still had good youngsters coming through the new season would be interesting anyway. Once a Saint and all that. Then when even more departed we were all right peed off. It wasn't till Koeman arrived that things got better. There is no guarantee that this summer's exodus won't be the otherwise, but there is one important difference now. Katerina and the new Board are well established and we have a rolling plan for growth. And Europa league beckons.

Yep but... there is one important difference now. Katerina and the new Board are well established and we have a rolling plan for growth. And Europa league beckons.

Probably, you are right. Cynicism apart, obviously it is not part of their planning just the outcome of unplanned consequences. My guess is that they know that fans will always judge them in the worst light possible and that early calls for ST renewal will not be appreciated by cash strapped fans. It is certainly a cash flow need in the fallow summer months of zero match day income.

Chelsea have had a resell scheme for a few years. IIRC Chelsea charge 10% commission for doing this. Also it will be interesting how saints handle the non sold out games. Do you offer your ticket back on a sale or return basis, if so you could still be lumbered with them come match day

People used to moan that season tickets came out too late, no one knew how much they were etc. now people moan that they're out too early and we don't know who is going to be playing for us next season. Got to love the modern soccerball match goer, a proper fully paid up consumer. Football fans are dead, long live the soccerball consumer.

Chelsea have had a resell scheme for a few years. IIRC Chelsea charge 10% commission for doing this. Also it will be interesting how saints handle the non sold out games. Do you offer your ticket back on a sale or return basis, if so you could still be lumbered with them come match day

Yes, it will be interesting. Possibly you notify them and only get some money back if they manage to sell your seat. I have often maintained that they should hold an account for you with direct debit authority or such-like where you could buy cup or away tickets and have it come out of your account.

Personally have always had the desire to watch Saints purely because it's Saints. Good players come and go :yawn:

Sure, last Summer was an exercise in patience, but roll on the next phase of the rollercoaster. Speaking more shortsightedly, I'm happy about not having to shell out extra for 2015-16.

If you had a decent credit rating it wasn't a problem :smug:

If you had £1300 floating around it wasn't either, but just saying "if you had a 0% card..." doesn't really address the issue for a lot of people.

Free WiFi at the ground might be nice... (for before after and at half time before anyone comes up with the 'you should be watching the match' comment).

Believe they're working on that - network engineering mate of mine went for a job at St Marys a few months back, main requirement was experience of delivering wi-fi for large conferences/events. Its a huge infrastructure challenge and big financial investment. Not sure where they'd see a return.

Just got a Saints flyer in the mail offering Season Ticket for next year that included a 10 part payment scheme.

Not sure if this is new or not, and whether it's exclusive to new ST holders only, but if not it's new should alleviate some of the moaners on here about having to pay up front.

Also first time I've received this sort of mail, so good to see another proactive Saints marketing initiative.

Just got a Saints flyer in the mail offering Season Ticket for next year that included a 10 part payment scheme.

Not sure if this is new or not, and whether it's exclusive to new ST holders only, but if not it's new should alleviate some of the moaners on here about having to pay up front.

Also first time I've received this sort of mail, so good to see another proactive Saints marketing initiative.

Been on and off for a few seasons now , £50 administration fee though! Although I don't mind paying that as it means me and the boy can afford it!

I got one too! Gave me a perverse pleasure when it arrived through my Liverpool letterbox, knowing that there was a good chance that a LFC/EFC postie delivered it :)

Quite classy as well.

Anyone else having problems renewing online?

I can't see where to buy my existing seats.

I click on buy now and I get a map of the stadium.

I tried clicking my own seats but it won't let me buy them.

Yes, I'm logged in with customer no/password.

Customer services told me that the tickets should already be in the basket so check there. They weren't for me.

I couldn't renew online. If anyone else has the same problem...

Call 0845 688 9288 (SFC customer services)

Option 9 (hit 9 as soon as they start reading out the option numbers)

Have your customer number (on ST) ready.

They renew over the phone by credit/debit card with no booking fee

Edited by Mr Dad

Just got my email which said "We’re pleased to announce that at our special renewal price of £628, your 2015/16 Season Ticket will be less than the cost of last year’s ticket. Don’t forget, your renewal deadline is Sunday 24th May" which is odd as I paid £628 last year too. :?

Anyone else having problems renewing online?

I can't see where to buy my existing seats.

I click on buy now and I get a map of the stadium.

I tried clicking my own seats but it won't let me buy them.

Yes, I'm logged in with customer no/password.

Customer services told me that the tickets should already be in the basket so check there. They weren't for me.

I couldn't renew online. If anyone else has the same problem...

Call 0845 688 9288 (SFC customer services)

Option 9 (hit 9 as soon as they start reading out the option numbers)

Have your customer number (on ST) ready.

They renew over the phone by credit/debit card with no booking fee

Just above the BUY banner there is a tiny link to click for renewals. It's simple from there, but not immediately obvious.

Renewed mine this morning.

It's not new, we've only NOT had a repayment scheme for a couple of years under Cortese when a bunch of Direct Debit defaulters from the post-admin period in 2009 presumably turned him into even more of a fan-diminishing fascist than he generally is/was.

I've just renewed and had no problem. Just went to tickets in the top menu bar then click "Season" the drop down menu gives you a choice of "Buy" or "Renew" I clicked "Renew" and up came my seat number...clicked "Checkout" and made the payment.

Did mine whilst having my lunch took about five minutes and got reply email within two minutes.

I had a survey from Saints a few weeks ago asking me for my opinions on various matters. I was positive on so many fronts and confessed that I would be renewing again in 2015 / 2016 . On the question however of how much I felt valued as a season ticket holder I gave a rating of 2 (10 = very satisfied // 1 = bottom ).

Freezing prices like this and taking up the suggestion of selling tickets back when they cannot be used do make me feel better about being a season ticket holder. Perhaps somebody, somewhere is listening!!

It's not new, we've only NOT had a repayment scheme for a couple of years under Cortese when a bunch of Direct Debit defaulters from the post-admin period in 2009 presumably turned him into even more of a fan-diminishing fascist than he generally is/was.

It wasn't direct debit defaulters - it was because the installment scheme that year was the club taking a number of payments from your card rather than account So if the bank card expired during the season the payment would fail, a flawed system.

It wasn't direct debit defaulters - it was because the installment scheme that year was the club taking a number of payments from your card rather than account So if the bank card expired during the season the payment would fail, a flawed system.

I think they only brought it back once we had the electronic turnstiles in place (which still seem to confuse some people!!!!) - that way, if you haven't paid your card is disabled full stop.

I went to the ticket office to renew and bought a new season ticket for my youngest at the same time. This resulted in the 2 of us that already had ST's having to move seats to fit 3 together. We didn't get charged the £10 fee to change seats.

Just a heads up in case anyone else is in the same situation and was wondering if they would incur a charge.

Although we are told about the "Club's Ambition" twenty times a week do we really have the money or attractiveness to top players to ever be a big club and break into the hegemony of the top four? Liverpool and Tottenham clearly have vastly superior resources to ours yet they can't do it so I'm thinking that as we are bound to lose at last three of our top players in the summer and must embark yet again on a rebuilding task with inferior players, will be ever move further forward than we are now or is 6th/7th our ultimate destiny? If we are in for season after season of false promise and ultimately unable to deliver on those promises and that in reality this is about as good as we can ever expect it to be, the wisdom of coughing up huge amounts of money on Season Tickets year-after-year must be challenged.

It is a personal choice of course but right now my feeling is that despite a life long belief that all things are possible, so my ST renewal has been a given now I am less sure about it than at any time in the past. This will be a final day decision and probably equally as difficult as choosing who to vote for on May 7th

Whenever I see the username Charlie Wayman followed by anything over 2 short sentences I don't bother to read any further.

I take it his post was something along the lines of "wahhh, wahhh we're not top 4, there's no ambition, I'm not going to renew"

Whenever I see the username Charlie Wayman followed by anything over 2 short sentences I don't bother to read any further.

I take it his post was something along the lines of "wahhh, wahhh we're not top 4, there's no ambition, I'm not going to renew"

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding his post or not, but I think he's saying he's reconsidering whether to renew his season ticket based on our performance this year.

Glad I'm not a season ticket saleswomen. Tough crowd.