Da Rocha Fonte ?

simo

Yep, stumped me too on the England thread last night but corrected myself before know-it-all bods pointed it out. :-)

Poor result for Portugal too. Didn't Pele play for Cape Verde Islands? (Our Pele, not Pelle or legend Pele)

Learn something new everyday, guess Jose never made the match squad last night then which can't be a bad thing looking at the result!

Yes . It's one thing to be sad because you miss a game, but with a result like that one (0-2)....you can be pretty thankful....even if it was a friendly.

It was a charity game wasn't it? Heard on the radio that Cape Verde had some disaster recently and needed to raise some money.

Yeah it was apparently nowhere near as surprising as it should have been; pretty much literally a 3rd XI for Portugal.

guess Jose never made the match squad last night then which can't be a bad thing looking at the result!

Definitely. Considering he was called up for Portugal's important match against Serbia and rested for a meaningless friendly (in which the fringe players clearly failed to perform) I think this little international break has done him plenty of good for getting his crack at at least one major international tournament in 2016 (and if he's lucky, maybe the WC 2018 as well).