Everton v SAINTS - match thread

Batman

Morgan looks switched off and leaving a lot to do for Wanyama. Boy do we miss Steve davis. He really does make us tick

We are missing S. Davis; JWP has done some nice things, Vic terrific, Eli has to come off for Mane and Tadic and Djiricuc must be in the frame. Nothing going on down our left side, Coleman has controlled everything.

Elia has not had sufficient time in the Prem or with the team to really understand what he needs to do make a difference, but I think he is a good player that could still come good. Problem is he may not be retained before he actually clicks. Overall our problem has been a lack of composure on the ball - Wanyama excepted. Stop the hoof - keep some possession for a while - get Mane on for Elia at 65 minutes.

He has scored from set pieces for England. Plus not all set pieces are direct shots on goal, Ward-Prowse puts in very good devilry from corners and free kicks.

Strange I thought I saw all four of our corners not get touched by a player (while theirs did) and a free kick (although close) went wide? Lambert would of buried that chance imo.

Strange I thought I saw all four of our corners not get touched by a player (while theirs did)

No goal or touch not being made at a corner doesn't by default make it a bad delievery.

and a free kick (although close) went wide? Lambert would of buried that chance imo.

Extremely harsh to criticise him for that, he was very close to scoring. Lambert did similar, not every Lambert free kick was a goal.