Leave pelle out ffs.

Roger

First JWP, now Pelle. Your threads are very negative.

We don't really have many other options than Pelle.

The main issue IMO was Mane should have started.

The fact we don't have options is down to a poor decision in January not to bring in another striker - what is the point of Djuricic ffs - it was a big mistake.

First JWP, now Pelle. Your threads are very negative.

We don't really have many other options than Pelle.

The main issue IMO was Mane should have started.

Long and mane did well at Chelsea. You're the negative one. I'm negative when it's warranted, you would be negative if we won the prem. Gallagher worth a shout.

The fact we don't have options is down to a poor decision in January not to bring in another striker - what is the point of Djuricic ffs - it was a big mistake.

I did a thread about it at the time and was told there were no strikers available in January, so we can't blame that.

I did a thread about it at the time and was told there were no strikers available in January, so we can't blame that.

No strikers available and no money to buy them even if there were, still we made a profit and spent it all on .... whatever it was we spent it on, pity our training complex can't score goals really.

People do realise we can't afford a top top striker...don't they? If we could afford a Costa, Augero or Sanchez we'd probably battling it out for 1st place right now. Unless we get lucky and unearth some foreign little gem or someone comes through the academy a 10-12 a goal striker is probably the best we can hope for.

Long and mane did well at Chelsea. You're the negative one. I'm negative when it's warranted, you would be negative if we won the prem. Gallagher worth a shout.

Gallagher? Come on. He has been largely poor and out of form for the U21s.

You are as much of a negative wally as I am, apart from you take it too seriously and get offended by internet forum posts.

Lighten up!

People do realise we can't afford a top top striker...don't they? If we could afford a Costa, Augero or Sanchez we'd probably battling it out for 1st place right now. Unless we get lucky and unearth some foreign little gem or someone comes through the academy a 10-12 a goal striker is probably the best we can hope for.

How do you figure that, Pellè and Long= 22 million £ and no doubt somewhere around 70K a week on the pay roll. Can't get a

decent striker for that ? I think we could actually. I expect if we'd really pushed them last summer Lyon would have caved and sold us Lacazette.

You are as much of a negative wally as I am, apart from you take it too seriously and get offended by internet forum posts.

Lighten up!

I'm really not as negative at all. I'm not offended by you at all mate.

My God some people really do get annoyed at such small things. We'll finish top 7, and get Europa League. This has been pretty obvious the past month and a half, so why is everyone getting so angsty?

Because they all thought we were going to get CL and Morgan ,Toby and Clyne were going to fall over themselves to sign new contracts. It's amazing how short people's memories are last summer most of the same posters would have bitten your hand off for a season like we've had , given the summer exodus, yet as soon as we started doing well they upped their expectations.

My God some people really do get annoyed at such small things. We'll finish top 7, and get Europa League. This has been pretty obvious the past month and a half, so why is everyone getting so angsty?

7th won't get us Europa League if there's a bit of an upset in the cup though will it. If Villa win it we'll be out of Europe on our butt in 7th place.

How do you figure that, Pellè and Long= 22 million £ and no doubt somewhere around 70K a week on the pay roll. Can't get a

decent striker for that ? I think we could actually. I expect if we'd really pushed them last summer Lyon would have caved and sold us Lacazette.

How many top strikers do you think were busting a gut to come to "meltdown saints" last summer? Also we needed bodies last summer if we'd signed one 20 million pound striker, instead of two, and he got injured we'd be worse off than we are now.

Spot on. Nice football, no cutting edge.

Lighten up!

Sorry you are talking crap now - I have watched all the U21 games recently and Sam Gallagher has played well especially as he is still regaining full match fitness. He has also started training with the first team squad and Koeman is happy with his progress.

Buying lovren, lambert and lallana was as much about stunting our progress as it was improving Pool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that. Been saying it for ages, and always get shouted down for it.

So... the team who finished 2nd last season spends £50m sabotaging the team who finished 8th? They looked over their shoulders at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, then saw us back in midtable and decided we were the main threat?

Liverpool bought those players because they were very good last season. Lovren only for 6 months but that's not the point.

Because they all thought we were going to get CL and Morgan ,Toby and Clyne were going to fall over themselves to sign new contracts. It's amazing how short people's memories are last summer most of the same posters would have bitten your hand off for a season like we've had , given the summer exodus, yet as soon as we started doing well they upped their expectations.

Memories of fish, expectations of an 8 year old, emotions of a toddler...

How many top strikers do you think were busting a gut to come to "meltdown saints" last summer? Also we needed bodies last summer if we'd signed one 20 million pound striker, instead of two, and he got injured we'd be worse off than we are now.

Well there's a young fellow at Marseille who we might have bought, Belgian, bit of a Benteke bis, did we even try for that sort of player ? Doubt it.

Sorry you are talking crap now - I have watched all the U21 games recently and Sam Gallagher has played well especially as he is still regaining full match fitness. He has also started training with the first team squad and Koeman is happy with his progress.

Gallagher has scored one goal in about 7 or 8 U21 games. Unless you have travelled to some of the away games up north you won't have seen them all as not all are streamed.

Hardly the form of someone who is going to come in and take the place of Pelle.

Suprised nobody has mentioned Seager as he usually gets a few shouts after a game we don't score in.

Maybe we are a bit old fashioned we would like to see our strikers score a goal more frequently than every 12 matches

Maybe we should tell Pelle hitting the post means you have failed to get a shot on target again

Goodness those foreign clubs will be queuing up for Pelle after his last 12 matches

L

He really is crap. People will say that Howard made a great save and he did but what else did Pelle do today except tackle himself?

He isn't fit to lace Rickie Lambert's boots.

Quote of the day and very true!

Pelle really is woaful .....

Mr Back to Goal Pelle.....

The coaches too should take some blame for not recognising how his lack of movement is strangling the team.

Wake up Koeman can you not see for Gods sake?????

So... the team who finished 2nd last season spends £50m sabotaging the team who finished 8th? They looked over their shoulders at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, then saw us back in midtable and decided we were the main threat?

Liverpool bought those players because they were very good last season. Lovren only for 6 months but that's not the point.

They weren't interested in last season. They were interested in what might potentially happen this season. There are very fine lines, and at the moment their decisions look to have paid off. The team on the pitch isnt the whole story, its also what you can do about who you might think could be competing with you, whether that's raiding them for their best players (pool) or loaning players to their competitors who won't be troubling you (the Chelsea model.)

We have struggled to score since sunderland, its like we've used up all our goals.

The downside to our defence prowess is that our attacking is being impacted plus our attacking midfielders couldn't score in a brothel.

If the other team scores first they have a good to even chance of winning as we can't score, it just feels like we are too slow getting into the final 3rd.

Well said Wade. Thousands can see it but Koaman can't which is worrying really ...

This would be Ronald Koeman would it? One of the best players of his generation and a pretty good manager. Looks like he needs to read an internet forum to find out how to do his job.

If he is so clueless, how did he keep us in the top 4 for so long?

Could we not afford Lambert and Rodriguez then?

Batushayi is way way better than Mané, He'll be a big big star. Big,strong and doesn't do daft things.

Bit harsh on Mane, he's been our best perm signing this year, rate Batushayi as well (in the way you've never seen him play but everyone says he's mustard) type way and I agree I think we need a mobile big forward and someone needs to kick Tadic up the arse and get him to shoot more.

Bit harsh on Mane, he's been our best perm signing this year, rate Batushayi as well (in the way you've never seen him play but everyone says he's mustard) type way and I agree I think we need a mobile big forward and someone needs to kick Tadic up the arse and get him to shoot more.

I've seen him play a couple of times, great young player. He'd not be in direct competition with Mané anyway but he'd kick Pellè and Long into touch, probably about a third of their combined price last summer as well, surely we'd know something about Standard Liege.