Saints vs Hull - Build Up

Lighthouse

I'd give pelle this game to sort it out. If he can't take his chances in this one then he needs an extended break.

We need mane though he's one of our best goal threats.

Back to basics, tadic, pelle, mane up front.

You're mental mate. Pelle's proper ****, don't you know. Don't get me started on Long - ******...

I'd start Pelle.

My cousin is actually Pelle's luck.

He's been to 6 games this season: WHU away, Newcastle at home, QPR at home, sunderland at home, Stoke at home and his last game was everton at home on 20th december (last time pelle scored), and finallyy he can make hull game on saturday.

he's seen 7 of pelle's 8 goals.

just watch pelle score :)

I'd give pelle this game to sort it out. If he can't take his chances in this one then he needs an extended break.

We need mane though he's one of our best goal threats.

Back to basics, tadic, pelle, mane up front.

Why? He's already proved, since the year started that he can't score - how many more chances do you think he might need? Games are running out this season, we need points, Pelle is not likely to provide the inspiration, movement, flair or goals that will lead those points.

Hull will come, park the bus, and go home with the points

Our last 3pm Saturday kick off at home this season, so make the most of it all you traditionalists and football purists.

Get the first/early goal and it will be like a dam breaking….Pelle must score, he just has to….

Games like this cannot come quick enough for me after a poxy defeat

Hello all,

I'm new to the board. I'm a Yank so go easy on me.

First touches were poor in the last match. Pelle and Long turned it over the most.

3-4-3 may be the way to go against Hull.

------------------Davis

---------Toby---Fonte----Yoshida

Clyne---Wanyama--Schneiderlin---Bertrain

--------Mane----Pelle-----Tadic

Gazz, Gardos, Targett, Reed, JWP, Long, Davis (if health) or Elia

Pelle needs to be played a ball in the air or to his feet for a quick shot. We are asking too much from him currently. He is slow and doesn't offer good passes. Allow him to use his height and strength and he will start scoring. Tadic and Mane should try to be more creative.

With that logic he already proved he can score. The point is he'll get chances this game and I think it's better to risk it and hope he gets a goal than ditch him now. He plays and doesn't score, to be fair, we should win anyway. He scores, we might have a rejuvenated player for the run in. He doesn't play, his confidence drops further.

As for Hull parking the bus and going home with the points...just how often have Hull pulled off this master plan?

He has had chances in plenty of games, and continually fluffs them. It wouldn't be so bad if he offered something else, but he doesn't. Its all very well saying give him yet another chance, but conversely why not get him out of the firing line and spare him the ongoing embarrassment, take the pressure off of him, he obviously can't handle it.

As for the Hull plan..., they probably haven't, all season, anywhere.

So as sure as eggs is eggs, and with our goal shy squad you just know its going to happen.

Can't believe how many people would drop Pellè. Had it not been for a stunning stop by Howard, he would have scored and everyone would be raving about him. As it so happens, in my opinion he had a decent first half and was a bit isolated in the second against Everton. Despite the fact that most posters don't rate him on here, he's good enough to start for Italy (let's not forget he did actually score too!).

We will win this game easily.

Davis

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Wanyama Reed

Mane Schneiderlin Tadic

Long

I don't do formatting.

Thankfully you dont pick the team either

Not sure we'll need Wanyama Morgan and Reed. Could we play 3-5-2? Put Mane through the middle?

I'd go

Davis

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Morgan Wanyama

Mane JWP Tadic

Pelle

I am theorizing that Schneiderlin can be more effective in an advanced role that what we have been using there.

I am theorizing that Schneiderlin can be more effective in an advanced role that what we have been using there.

Looks from the posts you quoted that it comes down to whether Morgan or JWP would be better suited at the role of advanced central midfielder. So really whether you prefer your shots to be hit hard and over the bar or curled tamely into the keeper's arms.

Looks from the posts you quoted that it comes down to whether Morgan or JWP would be better suited at the role of advanced central midfielder. So really whether you prefer your shots to be hit hard and over the bar or curled tamely into the keeper's arms.

I was more expressing my opinion that Schneiderlin was a better passer and had shown some ability to score earlier this season and could do more if free to make runs from midfield because the defense was secure behind him.

Can't believe how many people would drop Pellè. Had it not been for a stunning stop by Howard, he would have scored and everyone would be raving about him. As it so happens, in my opinion he had a decent first half and was a bit isolated in the second against Everton. Despite the fact that most posters don't rate him on here, he's good enough to start for Italy (let's not forget he did actually score too!).

We will win this game easily.

Stunning save, but if he had scored it would have been 1 goal in 3 months - hardly something to rave about.

He's not good enough for where we are in the league, or where we want to go.

Jwp didnt look too bad against everton, I rate the lad in that role, he needs to bulk up a bit but his movement and passing are improving (they were already good) alternatively we may have Davis back ? Or even play Tadic, Manè and long behind pellè, or leave Pellè out, replace long with him and play ellia in one of the wide berths.

All in all I dont see the requirement to play our best CM out of position, he is far too important in transition and besides I can see us 'resting' Wanyama this weekend anyway.

Schneiderlin would do a better job than JWP in the no.10 position but we would lose more than we would gain by moving him from his natural position, especially with some of the others available. Wouldn't mind seeing more Djuriric - thought he was very good when he started against Palace.

I'd give Pelle one last chance to score and get his confidence up and if he blows it, seriously think about whether or not its worth persevering with him in the long run.

There are no easy games in the Premiership, but there are most certainly easier ones. This is one of them. If he scores a couple I can see him following them up with another few but if he still can't score then you do wonder whether or not we should let him go in the summer. So many of our dropped points have been down to persisting with Pelle and the 4-5-1 in general.

Hello all,

I'm new to the board. I'm a Yank so go easy on me.

Welcome.

I have followed the Saints for a few years. I've slowly become a fan and watch most of the matches (all from NBC/streaming). I hope to visit St Mary's in the future.
Welcome. I am from the States as well and have been a fan for a few years before joining SaintWeb this season.

Everyone on here has been great. The more the merrier.

Could Wanyama be rested, or at least benched, as its ths final game in which he could get a 2 game ban - missing two tough games in Stoke away and Spurs at home.

If Davis is fit I wouldn't start Vic.

Didn't work without Vic last game. We aren't solid enough without him.

Yes. Jarhead (in my case) is US Marine. I have followed the Saints for a few years. I've slowly become a fan and watch most of the matches (all from NBC/streaming). I hope to visit St Mary's in the future.

Welcome Jarhead! Always good to get more saints supporters from overseas on here.

please Ignore the Glasgow banter he was/is a contentious poster who tends to appear under a different handle every few weeks and some of the board enjoy the hunt of trying to out him!

Welcome Jarhead! Always good to get more saints supporters from overseas on here.

please Ignore the Glasgow banter he was/is a contentious poster who tends to appear under a different handle every few weeks and some of the board enjoy the hunt of trying to out him!

It's parts of the Saintsweb initiation - being accused of being someone else...

Nooooooo!! I've been proven I'm real. (Though I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Jarhead to spell something the English way...)

HAHA. I'm certainly not Glasgow. Also, my computer spell checks my words the American way. So, I won't be typing all English like.

HAHA. I'm certainly not Glasgow. Also, my computer spell checks my words the American way. So, I won't be typing all English like.

I thought Americans never described themselves as either 'americans' or 'yanks' but that's just me being suspicious. Whatever TexSaint's judgement on you, I'll go with it ;)