Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

To answer the original post, we need a keeper - perhaps give Boruc a 1-yr extension?

Looks as if Clyne and Morgan will go - Classie will be an able replacement - think Trippier or Byram would be decent signings.

Latest reports state TA to be kept by Atletico so another CB needed - that Van Dyjk (sp?) at Celtic looks impressive.

Striking options are crucial. If we had a decent forward line we'd still be in with a shout of CL football. Long has never scored consistently enough in the PL and Pelle simply isn't good enough.

Troy deeney scores again for the 20th time this season.

For the last couple of years he has produced the goods and scored big goals for wAtford

Big, quick, good technique and decent in the air. Would do well in the prem IMO.

In order to strengthen, we'd need to look at having decent replacements for the front 5 in my opinion. JWP obviously has the potential, despite what most on here say. Mane is a little inconsistent but I reckon he's also got potential. The Europe League is going to take it out of us. We need a couple of decent forwards and better options for Elia, Tadic and Long.

Hard to know who/where we want until spaces become available but ...

GK definitely, probably a first choice (if rumours that FF is out until Mar-16 are true)

RB (Clyne's place)

CB (Toby's)

MF (Morgan)

ST (to compete with Pelle)

Its not hard to know that for a team that can't score goals we need more than just a striker to compete with Pelle. Obviously we will have to replace what goes, and I imagine Clyne and Morgan will go, but we have a major task to make things work up front and provide strength in depth if we qualify for Europa. Having JRod back will hopefully help.

For Clyne, let's try to get out of favor Rafael and revive his career ala Bertrand.

For Morgs, he will be tough to replace. I've seen many suggesting Clasie but I would like to suggest a seriously underrated player in Ki Sung-Yeung of Swansea. He retains the ball well and quietly goes about his job with no fuss, plus he packs a decent shot as well. Has the added advantage of being able to hit the road running with years of experience in the league.

For Toby, can we just offer A.Madrid what they want? Please! If not, then I fully expect the scouting team to pull off another coup after finding Lovren and Toby in sucessive seasons.

Those will be the three main departures. We would need another experienced back up keeper.

Finally, as we most probably would not be making the loans of djuricic and/or Elia permanent, the cherry on top of our super transfer window would be Memphis Depay. (too ambitious? I would settle for the striker who scored the first goal for Germany's U21s the other day, like the look of him)

To answer the original post, we need a keeper - perhaps give Boruc a 1-yr extension?

Looks as if Clyne and Morgan will go - Classie will be an able replacement - think Trippier or Byram would be decent signings.

Latest reports state TA to be kept by Atletico so another CB needed - that Van Dyjk (sp?) at Celtic looks impressive.

Striking options are crucial. If we had a decent forward line we'd still be in with a shout of CL football. Long has never scored consistently enough in the PL and Pelle simply isn't good enough.

Hard to argue with this + GK.

Would to see us assert our position as the best club outside of the traditional top 6 and sign some players from the PL teams below us. Certainly for a new forward. Austin and Ings or maybe both? Would love the club to put a bid in for Benteke but can't see that happening. Maybe a bid for Cisse or Mame Diouf. Certainly need a more mobile forward with the style we play under Koeman

Personally think we need two new forwards unless Rodriguez stays.

I just can't see why they'd keep him. They couldn't keep Lukaku, so why someone that's only done it in the championship? They have Remy and Costa and I imagine they'll replace Drogba in the summer. Bamford is improving, would get enough chances with us, seems a good fit.

He has scope to improve and is young and English - even if he is nowhere near the Chelsea first team, it makes sense for them to increase his value to sell him for more money. They have no reason to sell him now - a Premier League (or foreign league) loan beckons.

A club like Saints likely won't be able to buy a good young player from Chelsea (or rather they wouldn't sell him to us) - they'd have to reach the age of Bertrand.

He has scope to improve and is young and English - even if he is nowhere near the Chelsea first team, it makes sense for them to increase his value to sell him for more money. They have no reason to sell him now - a Premier League (or foreign league) loan beckons.

A club like Saints likely won't be able to buy a good young player from Chelsea (or rather they wouldn't sell him to us) - they'd have to reach the age of Bertrand.

Jack cork?

I wonder if big clubs will you know, produce some of their own? Probably not, but it's a nice idea isn't it.

Have to wonder what they're thinking. However big a club, surely it's beneficial to have the squad made up with a few academy players rather than big earning frustrated reserves. Helps the squad spirit, boosts the fans, connects the club to the local area, saves money, increases young player values.

I mean would Chelsea be that much worse off if they'd never signed Lukaku and Luis and given Bertrand and Bamford chances?

Obviously, Chelsea's management thinks they would be worse off. I can't judge. However, under the newly proposed rules neither Bertrand nor Bamford would qualify as club trained for Chelsea. The would obviously still be English fa home grown.

Born in Chesterfield, with an Italian father he plays for the Italian under 20 side, he'd count as homegrown if he signed for Saints...

[video=youtube;ty7B-fTc-nQ]

Edited by Matthew Le God

Born in Chesterfield, with an Italian father he plays for the Italian under 20 side, he'd count as homegrown if he signed for Saints...

[video=youtube;ty7B-fTc-nQ]

Just checked out his Wikipedia. There is a severe disconnect between the clubs he is being linked to and the clubs he has spent playing time with - he's not even getting games for his parent club.

Just checked out his Wikipedia. There is a severe disconnect between the clubs he is being linked to and the clubs he has spent playing time with - he's not even getting games for his parent club.

He is doing something right to be involved with the Italian youth setup despite being born in England and signed to a 3rd tier English club.

He is doing something right to be involved with the Italian youth setup despite being born in England and signed to a 3rd tier English club.

Yep, but I am pretty sure that Sheffield United could do with him as well but they don't see fit to play him. I don't know much about the player but when I look on the face of I can't work out why he wouldn't be of a suitable standard yet to play for Sheffield United.

Gonzalo Higuain.27. He is a little bit expensive ( hes on about £65-70k/wk plus a fee but was happy to join going the Napoli "project" who will now be lucky to get CL next season. He would undoubtedly prefer a CL or famous name old team but seeing as there's very few of those who can afford him we would be next best i'd say (or close to it). Why not join the Southampton project if no-one else comes in with a big enough bid for him. I think that is the new level of quality Saints should be looking at. That and Cech on loan. Both stupid ideas and not happening but both the right standard of player.

People questioned his attitude but he always does well. Must be something stopping clubs signing him.

Should definitely look at the Championship though there's always some good players capable of stepping up. Byram at Leeds, Bamford Boro/Chelsea, Wilson, Arter and Ritchie at Bournemouth, Rhodes at Blackburn and Afobe at Wolves. He hasn't been there long but looks to be fulfilling his potential and I think he could offer something we lack, bit of pace and power.

Rather most those than people from foreign leagues that aren't even as good and are most of a risk, and probably more expensive.

I've been going about Deeney for a while, excellent player. The only reason the attitude thing comes up is that IIRC, he possibly had a run-in with the boys in blue when he was younger? Seems to have grown up and may have been a one-off anyway. Hardly the first footballer to have been in trouble anyway. He's got all the attributes to be 15 goal PL striker and more mobile than Pelle, together they'd be a handful. However, Watford are the form team in the C'ship and he'll surely stay if they go up?

Afobe is another great shout you said but only just joined Wolves so might cost a bit. Exactly the type of player we need. Bamford might be a season long loan if Boro fade and surely Chelsea need to test him in the PL? I think they only signed him to stop other PL clubs.

I have seen Deeney quite a bit. Personally not a big fan. His attitude to team mates in games has been poor. Constantly blaming & finger pointing. I don't like that at all.

Certainly a punt or a long shot, but I would take a look at Murphy at Sheffield U. Think he would be a great squad player. Struggling with quality right back replacement for Clyne. Toby is so good I don't think we could get anywhere near as good a player. In terms of strikers. I don't think Austin likes playing the role Pelle plays preferring to play off another striker so not sure that fits.

Would imagine more Dutch league players.

Love the HCDAJFU thread, it's like Xmas, what did the black box wrap in the new transfer present box? Can we even guess, I am sure it and coaches have some goodies up their sleeves. I am still optimistic that we can continue improving even though we sell of our prize assists each season to the big teams. I take pride that even though we have fallen to more realistic table position, that we are still in every game, looking the better team, but just not scoring, we are so close to a CL team. So some players out and a bunch coming in over the summer. With the focus on Europe comp. What do we buy, promising youngsters, good experience players that are not making first team, experienced first team players? Probably a mix of all three since we may have quite e few to add. RK has made one hint fir next year if we do qualify for Europe, he said "we will need experienced players", so here is the snippet that may be a clue as to what they get in the summer, EXPERIENCE!. A few experienced players used to playing in European comp. Seems to be the level we are aiming for, along with some academy youth to step up and be the cheap option, to help balance the cost ore experience will cost you.

I have no clue who they will buy, but am optimistic because we have a good track record of improving each year with our new recruits, and there are lots of good players out in the world, we have the monies and footballing stature to get some really good footballers! We have managed to put a team together that can compete against the bigger spenders, can we continue to buy 10-15 mil players and still compete, yes. But to sustain that we need to be very lucky, all the best scouting in the world will just not do if we can't offer more or equal to the teams around us. You can put together a good team on a small budget that can compete, saints, swans, and even CP can turn over bigger clubs like MC. But to consistently do it will take mega bucks, the players who are better than good cost lots, and many a club has spent a fortune to get to the top and fail, spurs, liv etc. Even Everton, who dropped almost 30 mill on lukaku is not seeing the rewards for so much monies invested. I hope we can find and produce good players that turn out to be great players, and we can continue to challenge the top 6. Bring on the EXPERIENCE players!!!!

The budget should be around £75m, if we say £45m coming in for Clyne and Morgan.

That should get us a GK, RB and defensive midfielder to replace those two plus Forster.

Then a goalkeeper, someone who can play in the three positions behind the striker, and a striker themselves, perhaps one who can lead the line or play off either flank.

Might be worth looking at another RB if McCarthy isn't ready to be a back-up.