Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

UltraMegaMeltdown_Banner.png

Can't wait to read some posters reactions on here if we sign the names i have been told. My own opinion is i think they will be good additions.

Football fans are so fickle that doesn't narrow it down much. What are we talking about here?

Ron Vlaar or another freebie?

A player from a big club that struggles to make the team and generally has a poor reputation with fans and press (examples: Jonny Evans, John Obi Mikel, Fabio Borini)?

A lower league or SPL player that we can complain is unproven?

A player from a foreign league who had previously failed to impress in England?

A Foreign player nobody will have ever heard of

A player with a reputation for bad behaviour/poor attitude.

Andros Townsend?

Whoever we end up bringing in, whether it ends up being the player everyone wants or someone seemingly less desireable, judgement should be reserved until they actually start playing competitive games for us.

Sounds like it might be along the lines of another underwhelming (for some) Shane Long type signing, maybe Scott Dann, or Curtis Davies? Wouldn't mind either, although I'm only speculating and have no idea.Hopefully not Vlaar though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Nice to see that this time, whoever we are looking at, their agents and clubs we are dealing with haven't spouted off to the press - be good to get some deals over the line but it always takes time. Have patience grasshoppers!

FWIW I would be happy with any of VVD, Clasie, Moreno, Imbula , Austin or the guy from Seville and am hoping we could get two of these if we are lucky

Bound to be Vlaar and Elia then.

Vlaar would be a good addition. Knows Koeman from feyenoord 11/12. As Iong as there are no issues with the persistant calf injuries would arguably be the easiest to slot into a Koeman defence.

Last season he was arguably effected by his injury punctuated season.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

We should try and get a decent centreback, and just have a hunch that we will go for Clasie irrespective of the Morgan situation. After Cork's departure we were short anyway, and Clasie can play further forward if needed given his range of passes.

That would be a great idea! Clasie will need time to adapt to the club and the PL and this way he will be ready for next year when Schneiderlin leaves. It will be more expensive than planned off course given the fact that Schneiderlin will be sold for a much lower fee while Feyenoord does want at least 10 million pounds. But with all the cash coming in last summer, that doesn't have to be a problem or is it?

Ron Vlaar had a awful season last year just because he had a good 5 or 6 games at the world cup does not make him a decent player, there is a reason he has stayed at Villa fighting in the lower half of the table because he not good enough for the top half of the prem.

Besiktas are in for him also hopefully they get him.

Some chap on the Celticforum said Van Dijk was in talks with us and Swansea not sure how true that is but fits the bill with what we are looking for.

I can see Van Dijk being a target. And one which wouldn't ''underwhelm'' me what so ever. Terrific centre back.

Was speaking to a Celtic fan I work with and he thinks van dijk wouldn't look out of place in the pl. but he did say that there had been no rumours and that due to them playing cl quals soon that anyone that doesn't want him cup tied needs to get a move on.

Was speaking to a Celtic fan I work with and he thinks van dijk wouldn't look out of place in the pl. but he did say that there had been no rumours and that due to them playing cl quals soon that anyone that doesn't want him cup tied needs to get a move on.

Would playing in the CL cup tie him for the EL?

They aren't bad signings to be fair...

Potentially a cut above van Wolfswinkel and Fer anyway, so perhaps a little more legitimacy than the last time people on here were envious of another team's summer recruitment. Obviously, both Wijnaldum and Mitrovic could flop badly in the Prem, but the latter in particular seems to finish like a young Rickie Lambert if you watch his highlight reel, so I'd say whoever signs him could certainly justify approaching the season with a little optimism.

Enjoy relegation next year you ****, delusional rabble. Forever a selling club.

I guess Lemmings can't see the irony.....

"To refer to an individual as a lemming thus became synonymous with calling them a follower of a large group--a community on an unthinking course towards mass destruction."

Or......

"lemming

A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told. A tool. A cretin."

I know some people will disagree, but I think our attack is quality tbh. One of the most all round attacking units we've had since we've been back in the PL. Mane, Long, Jay, Pelle, Juanmi, Tadic, Hesketh, Isgrove, Gallagher (And then you've got Gaston as well, who I don't know if he will stay around)

There's a bit of everything there. Pace, strength, height, mobility, technique, work-rate.

Yes, there's a bit of everything... bar a proven goalscorer. I don't doubt our build up play will be great to watch, but fear we may still lack a cutting edge.

Yes, there's a bit of everything... bar a proven goalscorer. I don't doubt our build up play will be great to watch, but fear we may still lack a cutting edge.

Jay Rod got 16 or 17 in the PL the season he got injured (missing the last few games). Thats up there with anyone bar the Suarez, Aguero types.

Mane has a good goal record.

Pelle has scored pretty consistently at club level the last 3 years.

Long will always miss presentable chances but otherwise our finishing is pretty good I would say.

Juanmi its hard to say.

Expect more goals from Tadic, JWP and Davis though this season.

Yes, there's a bit of everything... bar a proven goalscorer.

Pelle, Mane and Rodriguez have all scored good amounts of Premier League goals in their last season in the league. How are they not "proven goalscorers"?

Plus we have Long and Juanmi as options, and Gallagher and Seager progressing through the ranks.

Expect more goals from Tadic, JWP and Davis though this season.

This. Our midfield must start putting away their chances. Apart fron Mané, we suffer through the numerous misses by Misters Davis and WardProuse. Especially as two DM dont contribute much either.

Hope they put in some shooting practice during the summer. And i dont mean dead-balls outside the area, but simpler side-footers under pressure.

Pelle, Mane and Rodriguez have all scored good amounts of Premier League goals in their last season in the league. How are they not "proven goalscorers"?

Plus we have Long and Juanmi as options, and Gallagher and Seager progressing through the ranks.

So basically as I said, 6 minutes before? LOL.