Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Kevin Nolan on a free - HCDAJFU? (As a rotation/back up option he may offer something to link between attack and midfield. he's old and a w--anker but could maybe see something working with Pelle.)

Can't stand him. But he would get more goals than most of our midfielders.

He would give us depth in the squad. Short term contract or pay as you play may suit both parties. We could certainly do a lot worse. He may get cards, but Romeu and Wanyama are pretty adept at that themselves. Definitely wouldn't be the worst move we could make imo

Why do you think WH are getting shot of him? His legs are gone, he isn't a PL quality player anymore.

I can't believe people are even suggesting it.

Why do you think WH are getting shot of him? His legs are gone, he isn't a PL quality player anymore.

I can't believe people are even suggesting it.

29 premier league appearances last season says otherwise. West Ham are a poorly managed club from top to bottom, which could be the reason they have let him go. I stand by what I said previously as it is my opinion. But thank you for your input

Kevin Nolan on a free - HCDAJFU? (As a rotation/back up option he may offer something to link between attack and midfield. he's old and a w--anker but could maybe see something working with Pelle.)

He's about 6 years past his sell by date and West Ham would have ditched him along time ago if Fat Sam hadn't have been manager.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Schneider IS available!

Sneijder leaves Dundee UnitedFootball

Posted at 14:08

The Scottish Sun's Robert Thomson is reporting that Rodney Sneijder - the brother of Netherlands international Wesley - is to end his Dundee United career after just one month and one substitute appearance...

Anyone who calls their son Rodney is a plonker.

I don't understand why so many people are posting about how we've not got enough attacking minded CMs and we need one more, and that what we've got is inadequete. Guan already confirmed we've made an offer for such a player (..."like steven davis but with more physical presence"....) to take him on loan for the season, but it was rejected. We're hoping to either get him, or someone like him.

still hopeful we'll see a curveball unexpected signing before the end of the window.

I don't understand why so many people are posting about how we've not got enough attacking minded CMs and we need one more, and that what we've got is inadequete. Guan already confirmed we've made an offer for such a player (..."like steven davis but with more physical presence"....) to take him on loan for the season, but it was rejected. We're hoping to either get him, or someone like him.

still hopeful we'll see a curveball unexpected signing before the end of the window.

I think it's down to the fact that RK has said explicitly that we're only looking to bring in 1 more in at least his last two press conferences.

Club needs a boost so much. We know we'll sign a CB, fine, but we need to spend on an exciting creative player, show we actually do have ambition and can see the glaringly obvious problem in the midfield. Would change the whole atmosphere around the place.

Andros Townsend.

Reckon he's the answer?

No we are out of Europe we do not need any extra players. Period.

If we bring in people we need to let people go too as we have too many folk not getting games and that can be bad for spirit...

We certainly do need to bring signings in as plenty of players are not up to standard if Martina, Caulker, Targett ,JWP, Long etc don't get many games then thats tough as at the moment none of them are good enough and the jury is out on plenty of other players in our squad.

The board are complacently sleep walking into relegation if they are not careful.

We need 3 quality signings before Tues 6.00pm(CB , AM and Striker) but i won't hold my breath. On top of all the money we have made from the outgoing transfers we are making a further fortune from the tv deal and surely we can afford to spend £25-£30 million on top of the monies raised from transfers like our main rivals like Palace , Stoke, WBA etc

So to say we don't need any players is laughable imo and will get us relegated which i think is a distinct likelihood at present

On top of all the money we have made from the outgoing transfers we are making a further fortune from the tv deal and

Since we returned to the Premiership (4 years) we are operating at minus £30m transfer dealings despite big sales of the last 2 years. The TV money covers some of that, but how much is left over really?

Since we returned to the Premiership (4 years) we are operating at minus £30m transfer dealings despite big sales of the last 2 years. The TV money covers some of that, but how much is left over really?

Are we? Over the last five years (inc. this summer), we appear to be running a surplus.

Are we? Over the last five years (inc. this summer), we appear to be running a surplus.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/southampton/english-football-teams/southampton-transfers This was my source. Not sure about accuracy? When we first came up we spent a lot on the squad including 2 high profile signings in Ramirez and Osvaldo which was money thrown away..

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/southampton/english-football-teams/southampton-transfers This was my source. Not sure about accuracy? When we first came up we spent a lot on the squad including 2 high profile signings in Ramirez and Osvaldo which was money thrown away..

Figures aren't necessarily accurate, I know for a fact that Lovren cost us 8.7 million €, it's in Lyon's accounts for that year.

We got about half of the amount paid for Forren back and we gave Bournemouth a slice of the Lallana fee. Just 3 examples of wrong figures.

Edited by Window Cleaner
i

I'd somehow forgotten we had sold Jay Fulton for £200k in 2013/14.

Perhaps it was because he never played for us or was signed by us or perhaps I am having a senior moment. Maybe Osvaldo never signed for us either.

Figures aren't necessarily accurate, I know for a fact that Lovren cost us 8.7 million €, it's in Lyon's accounts for that year.

We got about half of the amount paid for Forren back and we gave Bournemouth a slice of the Lallana fee. Just 3 examples of wrong figures.

Hmm. So given some inaccuracies is it fair to say we are probably breaking even? Certainly not that much in the plus though. But then you have the TV money coming in so I wonder where all those apparent mega millions went?

I'd somehow forgotten we had sold Jay Fulton for £200k in 2013/14.

Perhaps it was because he never played for us or was signed by us or perhaps I am having a senior moment. Maybe Osvaldo never signed for us either.

Oh dear. Sorry chaps. You are right, it is a glaringly rubbish source of information. Ignore my figures. I'll go back to sleep :)

Edited by BotleySaint

I think we gave Bornemouth Boruc on loan for free in return for the Lallana fee

Anyone still fancy Hernandez now he looks set to go?

Don't think he could nab Pelle's place in the team and doubt he'd go from bench at Utd to bench here, so not sure that one will work out. But what a player to have if he could find the form of his first couple of years there.

"Guan already confirmed we've made an offer for such a player (..."like steven davis but with more physical presence"....) to take him on loan for the season"

could this be him? wants to go to a bigger club like Manu, could we be the stepping stone (loan for us) to showcase his quality. Steady player at Benfica for 5 years, we put a lot of scouting in Portugal, he would be a very good fit, very steve davis like but an upgrade on all attributes.

"Guan already confirmed we've made an offer for such a player (..."like steven davis but with more physical presence"....) to take him on loan for the season"

could this be him? wants to go to a bigger club like Manu, could we be the stepping stone (loan for us) to showcase his quality. Steady player at Benfica for 5 years, we put a lot of scouting in Portugal, he would be a very good fit, very steve davis like but an upgrade on all attributes.

Not a chance. They wouldn't loan him, and they'd want £20m+ outright to secure it.

I always assumed Guan was on about someone like Witsel?