Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Doesnt seem like a Saints kind of buy to me. Maybe an attempt to put pressure on Seville?

I don't understand this phrase. Why do we need to put them under pressure? They don't have to sell. If we pay them what they want, they will. If we don't, they'll tell us to do one. If we move onto another target, they probably couldn't give 2 hoots.

I don't understand this phrase. Why do we need to put them under pressure? They don't have to sell. If we pay them what they want, they will. If we don't, they'll tell us to do one. If we move onto another target, they probably couldn't give 2 hoots.

Absolutely, it's such an age old ruse that surely no club still falls for it. Like making ridiculously low bids...why do we waste time doing that every summer....is it just shaking the tree in case anything falls out? Seville are in the CL next season, they probably don't even need our pittances.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Also why would that player leave Champions League football to join Saints, especially with rumoured interest from top CL teams like Arsenal?

Would certainly be an odd move for him IMO on the face of it.

I can see it being Marcos Rojo all over again...now that was an epic fail.

How do you know what the process was or what else Saints were doing? It is possible to be in negotiations with multiple players at the same time.

Because Les Reed said so, he went down there and got messed about in a classic manner, ended up by saying that the player was surrounded by well..dishonest people IIRC.

Look for a post on this very forum by "Right Sider"

Edited by Window Cleaner

Because Les Reed said so, he went down there and got messed about in a classic manner, ended up by saying that the player was surrounded by well..dishonest people IIRC.

And Utd didn't exactly find it easy to get over the line either, but they had more resources to make it happen. I still think we dodged a bullet to be honest.

And Utd didn't exactly find it easy to get over the line either, but they had more resources to make it happen. I still think we dodged a bullet to be honest.

As I said the outcome was fortunate but the processus was a disaster...someone even told us what Reed said about it.

Newcastle in for Georgio Wijnaldum who some on here have mentioned would be a good signing.

Schteve will know the Dutch market well from his time at Twente.

Koeman will know him better, he added 16 year old Wijnaldum to Feyenoord's first team in 2007.

How do you know what the process was or what else Saints were doing?

It is possible to be in negotiations with multiple players at the same time.

I think it must be pretty obvious -YES.

I've read comments before that " a manager " will have a short list of who he'd like, and the club gets the best deal it can with whoever they can.

Think we've all been educated into the vagaries of transfer deals, these things can take months rather than weeks (according to circumstances).

I would guess that there are several different sets of negotiations ongoing, and see which ones work out - and which don't.

Fan of his when I've seen him play, but it looks like there are a lot of hurdles to jump before we could sign him - not least that Gundogan's already leaving.

Why are Spurs so keen for a new right back?

They suffered whilst Walker was injured (and he has been poor for a while). With EL footy too, they want a proper RB rather than Dier playing out there. They did sign Yedlin the USA RB who looked handy in the WC, but imagine they would loan him out for experience.

They already have Rose and Davies on the left, so would have 4 good full backs.

The poor bastard would be ripped to shreds in this country with a name like Sven Bender! I mean seriously, the poor little blighter, having to live with the same name as Goran Eriksson!

Football fans can be cruel.

N'Zonzi tells Stoke he won't sign a new deal. Only has a year left and they will sell for probably £8m. Has been their POTS last two years.

Would take him for sure, excellent player.