U21's FA Cup FINAL

Saint Garrett

Shame that players like Hesketh, Seager and Reed have had their first team squad opportunities limited by us wasting our time on the loan signings of Delia and Djuricic. Would much rather have one of these kids on the bench as an option rather than those two overrated chaps.

Shame that players like Hesketh, Seager and Reed have had their first team squad opportunities limited by us wasting our time on the loan signings of Delia and Djuricic. Would much rather have one of these kids on the bench as an option rather than those two overrated chaps.

Don't think either of those to has stopped Reed getting in the team TBH. Koeman doesn't seem to trust Reed though. I thought the game against Stoke would see Reed step up but Koeman played Toby instead

Anyone else having trouble with SaintsWeb opening? Anyway cracking goal from Gallagher. And Seager's was decent too. What was Harrison Reed sent off for? I missed it.Fifteen minutes left, and I finally have control of my TV so can watch it.

Anyone else having trouble with SaintsWeb opening? Anyway cracking goal from Gallagher. And Seager's was decent too. What was Harrison Reed sent off for? I missed it.Fifteen minutes left, and I finally have control of my TV so can watch it.

Yep me! Timing out sometimes but all the other (different site) pages I have open I'm having no problem with.

Reed got two yellows for two very rash challenges. Very lucky boy that his teammates got him out of trouble. Super strike from Sam Gallagher, he was so different after he moved inside and went up front once Seager was taken off. Seager's goal also good strike, though he got a bit lucky when Reed's pile driver cannoned off him. Thought nearly everyone looked good tonight, but credit to Blackburn, they have some very good players, especially given that many of them are u18s.

Pity the forum has been crap tonight, still seems like Steve is aware.

Lots of impressive performances tonight, I thought.

Gazzaniga looked like the goalkeeper we thought we'd signed when we paid £2m for him, commanded his area superbly (apart from one iffy decision in the first half) and made potentially tricky saves look routine.

Special mention to Jason McCarthy, though. An absolute rock at the back :adore:

Proud of the lads tonight. Especially with how well they coped with going down to 10 men. I thought every single player was excellent, there's nobody that didn't have a good game from the keeper to the strikers. Deserved win. Great celebrations after as well. Brilliant evening out. Well done, lads.

I wonder if that is why koeman ihasbt played reed too much as he doesn't trust him. Today's game is different and you can't be rash like thst otherwise you will be constantly down to ten men. System didn't suit Sam g at all. Once he went upfront looked much better. Goalie was better coming for crosses that Forster and Mugabi, the two CBS targett was good.

Really good watch that and loads of good performances. Hesketh very Lallana like, Seager and Gallagher both a threat and superb goal from Sam.

Reed looked like he was trying to dominate a bit too much and if he is suspended for Spurs thats pretty silly.

The defence looked good as did Gazza. He really needs a loan spell next year in men's football though to judge him.

I really do agree with this - Seager should have had much more time on the bench and field for the first team.

Decent performance.

The standout players for me were Seager, Hesketh, Mugabi & Reed.

Gazzaniga looked like a different player although didn't have to much to do.

Both centre backs defended well however I thought their distribution was very poor at times.

Gallacher was anonymous when played out wide and was much better when he moved into the more central role.

Great to see so many people turn up at the ground tonight. Really impressive turnout considering it was on Sky and the first day back at school for kids, and there were a lot of them there.

That Gallagher goal was superb. We were sat right behind it and knew as soon as he hit it that it was going in. It obviously meant so much to the players who, on the whole, have come through the youth ranks together for many years. It must have been an amazing feeling for them to win it at home in front of so many fans.

Harry Reed was the best player on the pitch until he got sent off. Gallagher looks leaner and fitter. Gazza was solid in goal, his technique seems to have improved no end under Watson. Dom Gape was decent and put in some dangerous corners.

Also a big round of applause for Matt Le Tissier who neglected his Sky duties in the front row of the Kingsland corner to tirelessly sign autographs for people in the Northam throughout the game.

Just got back, Hesketh very impressive, thought Gallagher was poor until he want up top. Gazza looked very accomplished, thought our back four looked very dodgy especially McCarthy who I thought was poor,, but a really decent team performance and thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Although it's not no 1 target of the youth teams to win trophies, it's always nice

Just got back, Hesketh very impressive, thought Gallagher was poor until he want up top. Gazza looked very accomplished, thought our back four looked very dodgy especially McCarthy who I thought was poor,, but a really decent team performance and thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Although it's not no 1 target of the youth teams to win trophies, it's always nice

Very odd comment. The back four were all very solid.

McCarthy and Wood won everything thrown at them. Their distribution was the only questionable aspect.

Mugabi was reserved in the first half but excellent in the second half.

Targett was very good.

So, basically, you're just wrong I'm afraid.