Here come our new 'rivals'...

Saint-Armstrong

I genuinely hope they do make it up! It will be v.exciting for them to see a game at SMS! Something to tell their grandkids about, when they come and visit for the summer holidays :thumbup:

what, again?

[video=youtube;0q-njoDl7tE]

Their fans remind me of Blackpool a few years back. The teams are pretty similar too. They will come up and have their day in the sun but will return as quickly as they rose, with some League 1 club beating them and singing "Premier League? You're 'avin' a laugh!!" at them, then whinging about disrespect.

I teach in Bournemouth and all the kids refer to us as "scumpton"

They'll be as bitter and jealous as the skates in 10 years.

Maybe that can be avoided if they are treated with respect and the rivalry is treated as a good natured one.

Boruc and Surman back at SMS. A mini reunion.

Boruc won't be with them next season. I think he wants to go back to Poland to end his career.

It'll be nice to see Surman at St Mary's again, he'll get a good reception no doubt. Met him a few times, nice guy too.

Bucket rattling a55hole's. Harry's gonna be circling if they go up, so Eddie better watch out.

They called themselves the most progressive club in the country on there... Jeeeeesus.... :lol:

They'll be another Blackpool. All that "success" built on sand foundations. Still, enjoy it while it lasts, Rattler's.

Bucket rattling a55hole's. Harry's gonna be circling if they go up, so Eddie better watch out.

They called themselves the most progressive club in the country on there... Jeeeeesus.... :lol:

They'll be another Blackpool. All that "success" built on sand foundations. Still, enjoy it while it lasts, Rattler's.

It makes no sense to hire Redknapp unless you have money to spend so I doubt he will want or get the job. Also, it looks to me like some of the teams whose promotion is iffy may be smart enough not to fire their manager (Burnley and Leicester so far this year for example). The current manager at Bournemouth should be allowed to ride them back down unless he suddenly goes crazy or something.

The Cherries. Their natural rivals are Weymouth. They should have more respect, comparatively it's like Rochdale inventing a rivalry with Man Utd. Howe will be off the first sniff of a real football club. I still think they will choke promotion...

Perfect. Have stopped liking them / championing their efforts to stay afloat financially and divisionally (having done so for many seasons) ever since the abuse given to our lot at that fundraising game. Could not give a stuff any more

Will their visits last for more than one season? We're all chuffed for them now but their current group of players offer little hope of survival in the PL. The failure of star studded QPR to get a foothold in the PL even with near unlimited resources suggests Bournemouth will really struggle especially if the all important confidence buzz deserts them after a few early set-backs.

Cute, plucky little club. They'll have the time of their lives in the premier league. They might pick up a few points, get to visit a few big grounds like old Trafford, Anfield, St Mary's, get a few photos, half and half scarves etc. They even might win a game or two or be plucky losers, bless 'em.

Will their visits last for more than one season? We're all chuffed for them now but their current group of players offer little hope of survival in the PL. The failure of star studded QPR to get a foothold in the PL even with near unlimited resources suggests Bournemouth will really struggle especially if the all important confidence buzz deserts them after a few early set-backs.

If Wigan can survive for the best part of 8 years and win a trophy, why can't they? (Surprisingly serious question....)

Ooh, ramping the patronising bit up now as we approach the promised land eh?? I wouldn't worry, I'm sure we'll find a way of cocking this one up, it must be the lower league 'glass half empty' bit I have stamped on me from following AFCB for years in the lower leagues :)

So hoping to be on here a bit more if we do go up, being I think one of two that posted on here last time we lost to you (x3) a few years back, we might even get a draw, and at least Lallana has departed! I'll also keep trying to convince you that not all of us are rabid 'scum' haters..as you would expect quite a few of us have family members who support you also.

It's all a bit weird at the mo..doesn't seem real..

Most Bournemouth fans are pretty cool.

They readily admit that they know that Saints 'don't give a **** about us' but that it'd be a great feeling to get one over the local neighbours.

Honestly? I'd be very surprised if most Bournemouth fans wouldn't much rather see us beat Manchester United than the other way around (and of course, vice-versa. The same couldn't possibly be said for Pompey.

Ooh, ramping the patronising bit up now as we approach the promised land eh?? I wouldn't worry, I'm sure we'll find a way of cocking this one up, it must be the lower league 'glass half empty' bit I have stamped on me from following AFCB for years in the lower leagues :)

So hoping to be on here a bit more if we do go up, being I think one of two that posted on here last time we lost to you (x3) a few years back, we might even get a draw, and at least Lallana has departed! I'll also keep trying to convince you that not all of us are rabid 'scum' haters..as you would expect quite a few of us have family members who support you also.

It's all a bit weird at the mo..doesn't seem real..

Good luck to you - hope you make it and I think you'll surprise a few people next season if it happens. In Eddie Howe you have one of the most forward thinking managers in the game. Can't believe all this patronising stuff on here - very childish behaviour. :mcinnes:

If they come up I think we should follow their season in a dedicated thread, but entirely positively - celebrating when they win, commiserating when they don't. Basically the opposite of the P*mpey thread. Let's all enjoy and support our second team's great adventure. Come on the Cherries!

Nothing would wind them up more.

If they come up I think we should follow their season in a dedicated thread, but entirely positively - celebrating when they win, commiserating when they don't. Basically the opposite of the P*mpey thread. Let's all enjoy and support our second team's great adventure. Come on the Cherries!

Nothing would wind them up more.

They may do better than you think and we may have a more traditional season ourselves, in which case the rivalry could become quite heated.