The “Who Do You Carry A Crusading Banner For” Topic

lifeintheslowlane

Over a period of 50 plus years of conspicuous music consumption every now and again I find myself in a minority of one amongst friends; bleating on about this or that band/artist of whom most others are blissfully unaware.

So let's hear about your current favourite “unsung heroes” (no apology for the pun) and maybe some successes/failures from the past. It would be fascinating to find others who had a thing about or even an album by, Beaver and Kraus, Pete Atkin, Paul Horn...:blush:

Edited by lifeintheslowlane

They are hardly unknown but Low are my fanboy band of choice.

I'd go anywhere to see them and then blab on about it for ages until people's eyes glaze over. To be fair most of my friends like them too, but possibly only to placate me.

In the late '90s it was Calexico but they seem to be taking over The Arts forum on Saintsweb so I count that as a burgeoning higher profile. :lol:

At the moment it has to be "Sweet Billy Pilgrim" whose continuing stunning album reviews and award nominations seems to be met with general public apathy. I think they've had two Mercury or Brits nominations and are still playing Patron's gigs and small pubs and clubs around London. I don't understand.:?

Edited by lifeintheslowlane