Eastleigh edging closer to Play Offs

ericofarabia

Watching them on line .... how bizarre being able to see my home town on live TV from Dubai!!

Shame they now play in Blue. Please tell me the annoying back drop of banging drums is coming from the home crowd and not Eastleigh Fans.

If results go right they could be sure of their play off spot today. Remarkable

They have their last home game at 1715 on Saturday. I may well nead up there after our match.

Also, for anyone interested in supporting a red & white striped Southampton team in Portsmouth, it's Sholing vs Gosport in the Hampshire Cup Final at Fratton on 5th May.

As a 20-odd year resident of nearby Colden Common I hope they go all the way. I'd be interested in cheering them on should they get to Wembley, provided the price is right. I looked up the cost of Cambridge v Gateshead in the play-off final last year and it was £40+ which seemed excessive for a non-league game...

Does anyone know if the home game vs Portsmouth would go ahead at Eastleighs ground or would the local police want to change its location? Think I know a local club who might be happy to hold a local derby match ;)

Cant imagine that it would be played at Eastleigh and we would be fairly logical option.

****ing hysterical

It would definitely be played at Eastleigh.

Of course it would. Some people on here falling into the trap of mistaking Pompey for a big club !

How much would they revel in it if a game was moved because the home team's ground isn't considered big enough for them !!!

get a grip people ffs :mcinnes:

Cheers - the OB might have something to say tho.

You think the police would move a game from Eastleigh to the home ground of Pompey's most hated rivals?

Seriously, they won't. Why on earth would they suddenly want to open the game up to a) X thousand additional Pompey fans and b) X thousand Lordswood, Millbrook and Sholing based brand new Eastleigh "fans".

They'll have to play it at their place and work it out best they can. I imagine your average Portsmouth fan will look at Eastleigh like we look at Bournemouth. It's hardly the Istanbul derby, is it?

You think the police would move a game from Eastleigh to the home ground of Pompey's most hated rivals?

Seriously, they won't. Why on earth would they suddenly want to open the game up to a) X thousand additional Pompey fans and b) X thousand Lordswood, Millbrook and Sholing based brand new Eastleigh "fans".

They'll have to play it at their place and work it out best they can. I imagine your average Portsmouth fan will look at Eastleigh like we look at Bournemouth. It's hardly the Istanbul derby, is it?

I would think they will look at it like we would Havant. I don't hate Havant but would if we played them!

I would think they will look at it like we would Havant. I don't hate Havant but would if we played them!

But not in your heart of hearts though. And I know you have a pretty black heart.

And be fair, if you saw, say, those Pompey legends like Westwood, that kid from the top deck of the bus and that woman on the mobility scooter turn up to support Havant I think our friends on the other thread would describe them as tinpot. And they'd be right.

They have their last home game at 1715 on Saturday. I may well nead up there after our match.

Also, for anyone interested in supporting a red & white striped Southampton team in Portsmouth, it's Sholing vs Gosport in the Hampshire Cup Final at Fratton on 5th May.

Should be an exciting day for Mike Carter the Gosport defender, started his playing career at Sholing.

in all the rush and tumble of yesterdays fixture(s), have we missed the fact that Eastleigh held onto their play-off place wiith a 2-1 win before a crowd of over 4,000.

Not bad for a team in their first Conference season. They now have a two leg play-off with Grimsby, and the prospect of a Wembley final play-off to get into L2.

Also in the play-offs are Bristol Rovers who, despite their 7-0 annihilation of Alfreton :scared: came second to Barnet who got the only automatic promotion place.

I went to both games yesterday. Eastleigh did OK, let in a very early opener but piled the pressure on 2nd half and got two deserved goals.

It was weird seeing that many people there. Plenty of families and hangers on who were paying little attention to the actual game.

As for blokes wearing Eastleigh shirts over Saints shirts. :facepalm:

I went to both games yesterday. Eastleigh did OK, let in a very early opener but piled the pressure on 2nd half and got two deserved goals.

It was weird seeing that many people there. Plenty of families and hangers on who were paying little attention to the actual game.

Why? Eastleigh are my second team and then Athletico Bilbao as of two days ago!

TBF they gave out loads of free tickets to schools and youth football teams so I doubt half the crowd were actually Eastleigh fans.

TBF they gave out loads of free tickets to schools and youth football teams so I doubt half the crowd were actually Eastleigh fans.

Their core support isn't more than a few hundred. I've been to maybe 7 or 8 of their games this season and always see plenty of Saints fans there.

The low support is due to them traditionally playing a few leagues below the level they are now and most people in the town supporting Saints. Shows what lobbing a load of money at a non-league team can achieve if done right.

Went to the game. Thought Grimsby were by far the better team. Especially first half. They look stronger and quicker in vital areas.

Hopefully Eastleigh will be more relaxed away from home as they're good when they get it down and actually try to keep possession.

They'll struggle to keep a clean sheet so will need to take all their chances.