Saints Player of the Season vote goes live

SaintLiam

Quite fitting that in our best season in the PL its a player who started from the beginning in L1 that will win it. Fonte for me too.

he didnt start in the beginning in league 1. He joined half way through that season. Morgan was there from the start

Simples. Fonte.

At one stage I was going to give it to Clyne, but his form dipped a bit. Fonte has been consistently good, we are the best team defensively this season, and he's the captain. It's an easy choice for me.

Honourable mention to a few though, Alderweireld when he's played, Bertrand, Clyne, Mané, Morgan and Vic.

But as Vic failed to mark RVP for his 2nd goal that night, you had better vote for someone else.

His 40yarder winner at hull and his winner at Swansea more than made up for it :D

Either Jose or Vic in my book this season but think Jose will win as the added sentimental factor will count in his favour along with the leadership he showed dealing with the issues off the pitch.

Both worthy winners in my book along with Bertrand who has been fantastic all season.

Alderweireld for me although I'm happy for Fonte to get it because after last season it would be nice for the winner to still be at the club come August.

Would be a huge loss if he went, yet no-one anywhere suggesting it.

If you're going to suggest Alderweireld or Schneiderlin then there's not much point having a vote for Player of the Season; you might as well just ask the question "who is the best player at the club?"

As such, its got to be Fonte. He's been utterly outstanding and a true captain. Would love to see him finish his career with Saints as well as get a proper crack at a major tournament or two with Portugal.

OK, what wag voted for Mayuka? :mcinnes:

Liverpool had to pull Ballotelli as an option from their site as Utd fans were wading in. Mind Hodgson has encouraged it with his Mascherano ballon d.or vote

Not a massive fan of these ballots and importance seems to get overblown nowadays although agree Fonte.

Most improved:Yoshida

Best newcomer: Bertrand

Tallest player: Pelle

Worst haircut: Toby

I used to love it when the player of the year was presented on the Dell pitch on the last home game of the season. It was always done just before kick off. I think it has happened a few times at St Mary's but only during the warm up. Anyway Jose for me, he was potentially on his way when we got promoted but has been superb ever since, especially this season.

Not even our best centre back.

But he's been injured and hasn't played that many games, in terms of ability he is better but Fonte's been superb in almost every game in the best defence in the league. Should be in the Team of the year as well IMO be shocked if he is though

Tough one .split between Fonte & Vic.For me Vic is our most important player.we simply concede more when he's out of the team and have for the last 2 seasons. But Fonte has been top drawer this season . arguably a good as any other CB in the league

But he's been injured and hasn't played that many games, in terms of ability he is better but Fonte's been superb in almost every game in the best defence in the league. Should be in the Team of the year as well IMO be shocked if he is though

The one voted by players he will I recon