Post-Match Reaction: Leicester City 2-0 SAINTS

Saint-Armstrong

What a huge pile of horse manure.

A great season which has totally whimpered out which is disappointing. More attacking depth is seriously needed. Can we please have a midfielder who can score! And by Christ a new GK. Gazzanigga is long finished for me. Awful player who hasn't had a good game in goal for us. Every other team has an adequate backup keeper. Ours aren't fit for league one!

And hats off to Leicester.

Pelle with no shots at all for the entire 90 mins sums the game up for us.

Clyne distracted. Wanyama, often a brick wall, easily shrugged off the ball numerous times. S.Davis on a downward slide all season. Gazza has not improved at all after more than a year in the U21s. NO positives at all from this.

Koeman didn't look pleased at all throughout the game and rightly so.

we basically threw away the chance to have our best finish in decades............. people will say what about the injuries but you have to plan for the worst case scenario, we never had a back up keeper anywhere nr the quality required!

Cringe worthy no heart no commitment no interest by all bar possibly Reed

Really don't understand why with the teams mind on other things like Hols or next years fat wage packets elsewhere we are not playing more of the under 21's to blood them in whilst we are safe. We could do with 5 or 6 of them in at least. I prefer to see a team that is committed and wants it even if they go down to defeat than the dismal surrender witnessed today Earlier in the season that attack ran out then the midfield got worse and now even the defence has fallen apart.

Also how on earth did Sam Gallaher not get even a few minutes on today instead of Pelle what was the point of having him on the bench

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Don't get me wrong I love Koeman as much as the next saints fan,but starting to think we were much better as an attacking force under pochetino. Our attacks are so slow and predictable,no cutting edge and basically just poor balls lumped in that pell'e is too slow to get anywhere near.

As much as tadic seems to get a lot of stick around here he's by far our most creative player and will be missed.

Pelle has to do more, standing in the middle just waiting doesn't cut it. Mane has to stay on his feet. Ticket back to Bremen for Elia. Clyne less than 100% effort.

We were poor very static, plenty of possession, slow tempo, with absolutely lack of movement and no threat. If they think the season is over then leave them out. Spurs left the door open. We need the sort of effort and tempo that Sunderland and Leicester have shown. Without it they aren't worth watching. Time to say goodbye to Clyne and bring in somebody who wants to play.

Time to take the money for the ones who won't sign contracts and move on.

Edited by derry

We need a direct striker that will have a go at the defence,Pelle has been sussed out by defenders for a long time now and is ineffective mostly.

At times lately it has looked like last season with MP with no plan B,Koeman has done a superb job this season I just hope he knows where it is going wrong and puts it right in the summer.

Hopefully J-rod signs a new deal and we add a decent fwd in the summer

Cringe worthy no heart no commitment no interest by all bar possibly Reed

Really don't understand why with the teams mind on other things like Hols or next years fat wage packets elsewhere we are not playing more of the under 21's to blood them in whilst we are safe. We could do with 5 or 6 of them in to at least. I prefer to see a team that is committed and wants it go down than the dismal surrender witnessed today

Also how on earth did Sam Gallaher not get even a few minutes on today instead of Pelle what was the point of having him on the bench

was just thinking that myself pelle just offers nothing anymore just ambles round the pitch and points.

That was worse than the Sunderland match. I think the board/les read/ koeman need to take some blame here. Why we didn't take a chance in January and get in another striker was sheer stupidity, and everyone could see it. And if anyone goes on about how great a season this is then get your head out the sand, we have been poor since January.

5th and especially 6th absolutely there for the taking this season, 6th still is.

If we don't get Europa League then its no better than last season IMO, which isnt a disgrace at all but a shame after such a good start.

We were a better attacking side last year, better defensive this. But any squad with only one proper GK is leaving themselves open.

Form since Forster injury very poor and two goals conceded virtually every game.

Biggest problem: players hyping up top 4 then losing interest and trying to get out once its clear it wasn't happening. Wanyama and Clyne especially poor of late.

Umm... we are currently 7th and can still finish 5th or 6th.

The last time we finished higher than 8th was 25 years ago!

Ok, but to finish 7th by default will leave most people feeling that it is a 'hollow' achievement.

At the end of the day there is not much riding on these games and quite honestly I remain underwhelmed by the prospect of Europa football. Let's see what Swansea do now.

Do you not bore yourself with this endless tripe or do you honestly believe it? We have a very good chance of finishing 7th, a good chance of finishing 6th and an outside chance of finishing 5th. The last time we finished above 8th was in 1990.

As for European football... if we don't aspire to be in European football what is the point of supporting the club? I'm not entirely sure you actually are a Saints fans, pretty much every one of your posts on these forums for the last 9 years has been a negative troll attempt. It wasn't funny or amusing when you started and certainly isn't now 9 years later.

Gazzaniga - No chance with the first, could have done better on second.

Clyne - If he plays like this next season for Man U, there will be laughs aplenty in the defector thread

Fonte - Poor. Combined with Toby to form a guard of honour for Vardy. Fortunately the resulting shot was saved.

Toby - Worst he's played all season

Bertrand - Not at the races today

Wanyama - Arsene better tell him that he doesn't sign players who can't make simple passes. Caught in possession so many times it would be funny if he played for another team.

Reed - Won't have convinced the manager of his quality. The effort was there though, unlike many others.

Davis - What has happened to him? Absolutely shocking once again. Just let Mahrez shoot for the first goal.

Mané - Dive dive dive all day long

Pelle - No movement whatsoever. Absolute ****house away from home.

Elia - Unbelieveable that this guy once played in a world cup final. Send him back

Subs:

Long - Offered nothing

Djuricic - Added a little bit extra, but not enough.

In summary a dire performance that suggests a disinterested team and tactics that need refreshing.

Edited by Bewildered

Do you not bore yourself with this endless tripe or do you honestly believe it? We have a very good chance of finishing 7th, a good chance of finishing 6th and an outside chance of finishing 5th. The last time we finished above 8th was in 1990.

As for European football... if we don't aspire to be in European football what is the point of supporting the club? I'm not entirely sure you actually are a Saints fans, pretty much every one of your posts on these forums for the last 9 years has been a negative troll attempt. It wasn't funny or amusing when you started and certainly isn't now 9 years later.

No, I genuinely am not bothered by qualifying for the Europa Cup. The Premier League status is more than enough to occupy SFC. That is not negative, it is being realistic. Sorry of you think that is 'trolling' I can assure you that although my ambitions for the club are limited they are as passionate as others.

was just thinking that myself pelle just offers nothing anymore just ambles round the pitch and points.

He's been like that since he got his Italy cap, thinks he's god's gift to football.

Perhaps some Italian giants are tapping him up... Benevenuti signori.

Edited by Window Cleaner

No, I genuinely am not bothered by qualifying for the Europa Cup. The Premier League status is more than enough to occupy SFC. That is not negative, it is being realistic. Sorry of you think that is 'trolling' I can assure you that although my ambitions for the club are limited they are as passionate as others.

Its not realistic at all. Saints are significantly above the quality of a relegation threatened team, being in the Europa League won't threaten our Premier League status and will actually help improve the squad as we'd be more attractive for better players.

Its not 7th by default, it would be 7th by earning more points than 13 other Premier League teams.

The season and position is great! I am however worried at the way we have gone down hill slowly first up front then in midfield and now in defence. We have not been able to stop the rot! even more annoying given the form of Spurs Scousehampton and even Man U recently. We are doing no more than limping over the line

It is however a good thing we had such a great 1st 20 matches as our recent form over the last 15 games sees us down fighting it out with the bottom eight.

Really missed the creativity in midfield. Tadic gives us that but no-one else. When we were flying high it was his creativity that drove us forward. we really have missed Fraser Forster whatever we thought his weaknesses may be.

abysmal koeman doesnt seem to be able to motivate them lately! and koeman himself doesn't seem fired up any more which is worrying

This. Coaches can't heap all the blame on the players after such and ineffective and inept performance. I feel sorry for all those loyal travelling fans who have to make their way home in massive traffic jams with no reward at the end of it all. At least most of us can just log off at the end and kick the cat.

So 2-0 down and your centre forward looking completely disinterested and you have a young lad bursting to get on in the shape of Sam Gallagher. What does Koeman do? Nothing Nada. Poor man management in my opinion and it flies in the face of assurances that he wants to give youth its chance. Gallagher might not be the finished article but he would have bust a gut which is more than quite a few on show today did. Koeman can do no wrong in the eyes of many but I am not convinced.

Personally, I think we're as good a team under Koeman than under Pochettino.

And the truth is, Koeman has not been able to find an alternative style of play to his initial idea, we continue to play as if teams give us a lot of space, but we now commit less players forward, and rely too much on super performances from players in different positions, which is unrealistic.

While verlaine should go join a pompey forum, or watch Swansea matches, Davis has had a poor run-in. But EQUALLY poor as that of:

Clyne (head somewhere else, I haven't seen him run down the wing as many times as in the last 2 years)

Wanyama (no interceptions, no shots, no presence for at least 4 games)

Mané (always on his arse)

Pelle (typical signing whose impact disappears as defenders learn more of him)

Tadic (read Pelle)

Bertrand (his form dipped after the suspension, read Clyne for lack of offensive involvement)

We again wasted a transfer window and got two useless loan signings. While there might have been a justification for Elia, Djuricic has added nothing, and I believe their arrival was no more than a moment of arrogance from Koeman after gaining some legitimacy in the eyes of the board after our great start.

I genuinely think the likes of Fonte, Alderweireld and Yoshida have been our only fully consistent performers all season, along with Forster and Schneiderlin (even he had his dip), but their injuries have brought us the worst end possible.

The only reason I worry for next season, is if Koeman does not recognize the season's problems, and persists in a similar idea. A bad start can really ruin it all way too soon.

Its not realistic at all. Saints are significantly above the quality of a relegation threatened team, being in the Europa League won't threaten our Premier League status and will actually help improve the squad as we'd be more attractive for better players.

I respect your opinion and your argument about attracting better players is the strongest argument for being in the Europa league. However, I do not believe we will spend enough to strengthen the squad for a European campaign that can be draining on resources and finances.

If we do qualify, let's return to this issue.

Pelle has been sussed out by defenders for a long time now and is ineffective.

It's far too easy to suggest he gets no service, today he was almost static. Does he not know how to shake off attackers or is he getting tired and lazy in his old age? Looks increasingly like a passenger, hardly touched the ball today is it an Italian thing of not liking to get his boots dirty?