Player Integrated Stripes Strategy LMFAO

ericofarabia

Well done Saints. Absolutely excellent. Thought it a bit more W1A than The Office, but still great. I love Saints.

It definitely is a homage to John Morton's work - no bad thing. With a bit of The Office chucked in.

They noticed a couple of things I missed - like the sound of the ball hitting the crossbar when he kicks it away at the end! Genius attention to detail!

He nearly tripped over when he did that too haha

Great News ... there's more to come!!

Southampton FC

26 mins · Edited · .

Dr Barry Gale had something to show José Fonte today. Want to know what was in the bag? More video coming tomorrow... ‪#‎ShowYourStripes‬

Like · Comment · Share · 914

Bloody hell.

OK so first up the Daily Fail had utterly failed to notice that we have been playing in Stripes this season - quoting

Southampton are making a long-awaited return to their famous striped shirts this summer

and

Southampton ditched their traditional stripes in 2012 when their shirts were made by Umbro, and the all-red design has continued since adidas took over the Saints' contract.

Fans tried to start up a 'Save Our Stripes' campaign but their protests were ignored.

Now, three years on, the stripes are set to return in the kit that will be revealed to the public on Saturday against Aston Villa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3080386/Southampton-hire-expert-colour-pattern-psychology-help-players-adapt-new-kit.html#ixzz3a9CGuoIx

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So that called for a "If you didn't have your head so far up the big clubs .... " quote AND they published it.

Wonders will never cease. Bring on tomorrow

High Press all round at SMS on Saturday I hope

Just got back from work, and I found that I have been thinking about this video on and off all bloody day long!

I know that plastics is a dirty word for many, but if this video goes anywhere even slightly viral, it could pull in quite a few new overseas fans making first contact with the Premier league and generate a lot of interest and good will for Saints.

More PR like this, and it can only improve our profile.........Still laughing at it BTW :smug:

"I thought you were Phil Tufnell"

Funniest line of the year!

I showed it to my fiancee last night and she was dubious about sitting through over 8 minutes of a YouTube video. She laughed out loud at the Phil Tufnell line and then proceeded to share it on Facebook. Excellent marketing from the club.

"I thought you were Phil Tufnell"

Funniest line of the year!

I showed it to my fiancee last night and she was dubious about sitting through over 8 minutes of a YouTube video. She laughed out loud at the Phil Tufnell line and then proceeded to share it on Facebook. Excellent marketing from the club.

Thought you'd have got past that stage some time ago!

New song for Sat ? With the actions of course

Let's all do the high press, Let's all do the high press... la la la la etc (variation on the the lets all have a disco)

Oh my god. We must have the strangest fans on the planet.

Why I love this, while not really being my sort of humour, is that it brings some fun into the game. Football has become far far too serious a business, which is hardly a surprise given the amount of money swilling around so it is good to see something light hearted.

Why I love this, while not really being my sort of humour, is that it brings some fun into the game. Football has become far far too serious a business, which is hardly a surprise given the amount of money swilling around so it is good to see something light hearted.

Out of interest, what is your type of humour?

Out of interest, what is your type of humour?

Not really sure anything specific. If I had to name a programme it would probably be Blackadder rather than The Office. I don't find this Barry Gale unfunny, just not as hilarious as others seem to find it. As I said, great to bring some humour to the game.

Not really sure anything specific. If I had to name a programme it would probably be Blackadder rather than The Office. I don't find this Barry Gale unfunny, just not as hilarious as others seem to find it. As I said, great to bring some humour to the game.

Come on everyone.

It's the end of a very long thread, lets not start fighting.

Fun? Grown men at a football match pushing their arms against each other.. each to their own. :lol:

Grown men on a football forum criticising grown men at a football match pushing their arms against each other? Each to their own.... ;)

Grown men on a football forum criticising grown men at a football match pushing their arms against each other? Each to their own.... ;)

Agreed, it's only when they start pushing their d*cks together that you should worry.

Played in a golf day today, every time the boys nailed a cracker shot I went the high press. They didn't get it but I ran with it and by the end of the day it was high presses all round.

Great vid by the way. Was genuinely funny, hope the kit is worth buildup!

The director of the videos...

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 36m36 minutes ago

Barry is almost ready... #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 17m17 minutes ago

Barry's been in that changing room with Jose Fonte for a mighty long time. Should we call for help? #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc

ZyE07tXP_normal.jpegJames Kibbey @blacksharkbytes · 8m8 minutes ago

It's quarter past four thirty. Barry's still in there. Hope he hasn't lost the kit. #ShowYourStripes #saintsfc