Cornwall

Jack

And more specifically, a long weekend camping in Cornwall, either the last weekend of May or in early June. Has anyone got any recommendations? Not looking for anything fancy, just slinging the tent in the back of the car, and definitely not a Haven or one of those huge holiday parks. We'd rather be on a campsite within walking distance of a couple of nice pubs rather than a huge complex with a bar selling watered down Carling.

Have been looking at Perranporth, there are a couple of sites at the top of the hill within walking distance, but thought I'd see if anyone has got any hidden gems they want to share. Location is more important than facilities I reckon, we'd be out and about a lot rather than round the site. Thanks in advance.

Found the Seaview International camp site just outside St Austell to be a cracker. Very nice pitches, good facilities and lots to do in the surrounding area. Personally, I love the Eden Project (very close) and the Coastal walks are superb (the campsite is very close to the sea, strangely enough with a name like that!) Hemmick Beach particularly is a winner. Trip Advisor has some good reviews of the place.

http://www.coastalfarmholidays.co.uk

Can't recommend it highly enough. In the costal path, stunning scenery, 3 miles from the fragile rock lighthouse.

Used to camp here every year when I was a kid, been there 3 or 4 times with my family.

It's quiet but not dead, it's a bit rustic, but there is a shower block and washing up point. 1 pub is a 5 min walk or you can walk to portscatho along the coastal path in 15 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a family holiday in Porttowan every Easter. Hire a 5 beautiful bedroom beach house, must be worth near on 7 figures. Very nice place. I don't know if there is a camp site there but its a lovely place and it gives me an opportunity to boast on the innnernezz about how amazing my life is.

Decided to take a week off work instead of doing a long weekend. Booked Henry's at The Lizard for 4 nights, then one in Newquay over the weekend as some friends are down there then. Planning to cycle from Lizard down to Lands End on one of the days, I bet it's a nice route.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those. Looking forward to it, just hope the weather changes for the better. Only just double figures forecast for the weekend, that's pretty sh*t for the start of June

One site with a good location we stayed at was Ayr Holiday Park in St Ives, it's located at the top of a cliff on the outskirts of the town. Amazing views over the bay and a short walk into the town which is pretty decent.

We had a great night in a pub in St Ives with some hairy bloke singing folk songs, bbq back at the tent to round off the evening but woke up to rain and gales so ****ed off to a hotel in Newquay. The only downside to the location is it is very exposed.

http://www.coastalfarmholidays.co.uk

Can't recommend it highly enough. In the costal path, stunning scenery, 3 miles from the fragile rock lighthouse.

Used to camp here every year when I was a kid, been there 3 or 4 times with my family.

It's quiet but not dead, it's a bit rustic, but there is a shower block and washing up point. 1 pub is a 5 min walk or you can walk to portscatho along the coastal path in 15 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers. Just booked a few days here next month.

Henry's was really good, apart from the weather at the start of the week. We were pitching the tent in that ****ing rain and wind on Monday and didn't sleep a wink that first night. Lizard Point and Kynance Cove and the coastal paths around that area were brilliant. Went to St Mawes, Land's End, St Ives, couple of other places which were all good. Lots of good food and drink.

Then the weekend in Newquay which was interesting. Some lads I know were there for the weekend so we were out in the evenings. Absolute sausage fest, must have been 10 blokes to every girl in the bars and clubs, and far too many stag dos. Lots of tw*ttish behaviour because of it and made it a weird atmosphere.