Another hit! The Pap tribute thread.

Tokyo-Saint

That was a small but contributing factor.

Steve, pap appears to be/have been a popular poster - even amongst those that he seemed to bang heads with.

Here's a polite request that you expand a little on the cryptic post above and perhaps share your rationale.

Could you also confirm if pap's banning is permanent?

Without being party to the machinations of moderation, it all seems to have been a little dramatic.

^ bannings are always dramatic!

It's a similar feeling of outraged adrenalin as when the exit polls were announced last week.

Does this mean we are stuck with the same worthless c*nts for the next five years?

^ bannings are always dramatic!

It's a similar feeling of outraged adrenalin as when the exit polls were announced last week.

To an extent Jonnyboy, I'm sure you're right. But with many you get the sense that they are inevitable with the recipient throwing racist, bigoted or slanderous remarks onto their own funeral pyre, before finally climbing onboard themselves.

With pap, the feeling I get is that this happened all very quickly (dramatic). I haven't had any contact with pap to confirm this, hence my request to The Man.

To an extent Jonnyboy, I'm sure you're right. But with many you get the sense that they are inevitable with the recipient throwing racist, bigoted or slanderous remarks onto their own funeral pyre, before finally climbing onboard themselves.

With pap, the feeling I get is that this happened all very quickly (dramatic). I haven't had any contact with pap to confirm this, hence my request to The Man.

Fair points but I feel it will not be a permaban (surely?).

For pap's (genuine) take on the whole thing, see post #44.

Fair points but I feel it will not be a permaban (surely?).

For pap's (genuine) take on the whole thing, see post #44.

Yep, I saw that, but, and whilst pap is my "comrade from another c**t", that doesn't seem worthy of a perma-ban. Hence my request to The Man to explain his rationale.

I need to understand this so I can make an incredibly heroic, but utterly pointless threat to no longer pay my fiver - a moral stand from which I will no doubt row back from once I get bored and have forgotten how to spell pap.

BTW in a Twitter conversation with someone, pap confirmed that it was an "Insta-perma-ban!"

Edited by saintbletch

Most likely it was some of his posts about outing other people and posting pictures of people that got Steve's back up. He was warned about it a few times if I remember. Couple that was his self confessed aggressive posting style and my guess is that Steve's patience ran out. As he said, it probably wasn't one big thing but a combination of little things. It's his site after all and regardless of what people think is right or wrong, he can do whatever the heck he wants and ban whoever he chooses.

That twitter response from pap has probably convinced Steve that he did the right thing anyway. I imagine I'll get a similar sort of ban one day. Seems fair to me. He'll reappear at some point I'm sure but maybe it'll force him to reign it in a bit which is probably a good lesson for all of us regulars.

Edited by hypochondriac

Rather strange for someone who he went to rather extraordinary lengths to identify and publish personal information about, don't you think?

Oh I don't know Steve.... You know I think you guys are amazing with this site, and the way you handle the mad stuff that goes on here. It's a pretty much impossible job. And it's an amazing community.

And I very much disapprove of Pap naming someone who is anon on here, which I said in a previous post.

But you can tell Pap is a good egg. Irate stuff, but no malice in it, and entertaining all the way.

If I can handle being called a "sl*g" on the main forum....seriously....(!!!) then the rest of us should be able to handle the exuberance of Pap.

Please reconsider...???!!!

Pap is rather annoyed at the accusation that he put someone's personal details on the site...He vehemently denies it.

FYI, I am currently channeling Pap, I have a lock of his hair in my left hand, and an Owen Jones book in my right.

Hi Pap!!! How are you?! Are you OK? Is there anything you need us to do for you? xxx

Pap is rather annoyed at the accusation that he put someone's personal details on the site...He vehemently denies it.

FYI, I am currently channeling Pap, I have a lock of his hair in my left hand, and an Owen Jones book in my right.

Trawling the Web for photos of posters is pretty lame though.

well there we go.

If some of you removed yourselves from his exterior you would see (as hype was telling him a couple of days ago) he would very quickly go for the man and not the ball with regards to posts.

some of you found it funny. but using personal details (names, profession) as a point of ridicule is blatant rule breaking. It is not really funny though.

Again, you could see this time and time again with a few posters (not just me) where this was the case. so I doubt he got banned without warnings/infractions first.

Obviously, some of your followed his posts a great deal and won't see anything wrong....but imagine if Dune did the very same....

well there we go.

If some of you removed yourselves from his exterior you would see (as hype was telling him a couple of days ago) he would very quickly go for the man and not the ball with regards to posts.

some of you found it funny. but using personal details (names, profession) as a point of ridicule is blatant rule breaking. It is not really funny though.

Again, you could see this time and time again with a few posters (not just me) where this was the case. so I doubt he got banned without warnings/infractions first.

Obviously, some of your followed his posts a great deal and won't see anything wrong....but imagine if Dune did the very same....

Actually found him to be very fair. but never had any run ins with him ( not that I recall)

I imagine people who have been hammered by him think differently but he doesn't stand out from many others in that respect. Bans for many then to be consistent

I would say if you or others can't handle it then don't come here posting your opinions.

What is annoying is deliberate lack of information about his ban and clearly bit not complete silence but cryptic ' that was a small part'

I would have thought it would be heathy to highlight for guidance to others if nothing else.

Most likely it was some of his posts about outing other people and posting pictures of people that got Steve's back up. He was warned about it a few times if I remember. Couple that was his self confessed aggressive posting style and my guess is that Steve's patience ran out. As he said, it probably wasn't one big thing but a combination of little things. It's his site after all and regardless of what people think is right or wrong, he can do whatever the heck he wants and ban whoever he chooses.

That twitter response from pap has probably convinced Steve that he did the right thing anyway. I imagine I'll get a similar sort of ban one day. Seems fair to me. He'll reappear at some point I'm sure but maybe it'll force him to reign it in a bit which is probably a good lesson for all of us regulars.

Mike Ashley owns the club. He can do what he likes. I don't have an opinion. Stop moaning.

Actually found him to be very fair. but never had any run ins with him ( not that I recall)

I imagine people who have been hammered by him think differently but he doesn't stand out from many others in that respect. Bans for many then to be consistent

I would say if you or others can't handle it then don't come here posting your opinions.

What is annoying is deliberate lack of information about his ban and clearly bit not complete silence but cryptic ' that was a small part'

I would have thought it would be heathy to highlight for guidance to others if nothing else.

you do not have to look far to see how he would go for the man and not the ball. time and time again. If you are a follower of his posts, you clearly wont see it or have a problem with it. As I said, Imagine if it was Dune doing it to you, or Lou, someone like that. you would see it then.

has for info, this is Steve's site, I guess he can do what he likes.

you do not have to look far to see how he would go for the man and not the ball. time and time again. If you are a follower of his posts, you clearly wont see it or have a problem with it. As I said, Imagine if it was Dune doing it to you, or Lou, someone like that. you would see it then.

'A ' follower of his posts'? I read some threads more than others but do not have any allegiances. He seemed a good egg and I saw no sign of bullying. Belittling is not the same but as I said if bans are consistent then a lot would have to go,

Who is Dune? Feel like I have been here years now but still clueless when everyone talks about who someone was in the past

'A ' follower of his posts'? I read some threads more than others but do not have any allegiances. He seemed a good egg and I saw no sign of bullying. Belittling is not the same but as I said if bans are consistent then a lot would have to go,

Who is Dune? Feel like I have been here years now but still clueless when everyone talks about who someone was in the past

even belittling is against the rules. I know, I have had enough infractions over the years for it.

he does/did it constantly. Much without any provocation. Usually throws in personal information in posts doing it to. Names, Jobs, where you live perhaps.....

doing it regularly will get you infractions and that will lead to a ban. (I know, I have been there).

Hypo was giving him the heads up the other day about his posting style. He just ignored it.

Again, as you are a like minded poster, you wont really see the problem. But imagine Admin - who do not post on the lounge - pop on, see the 'belittling' from him in post after post...what do you think they are going to do?

he will be back, I'm sure. That is my 3rd post until I get around to signing back up later on. chao

I searched google for 'visually similar images'. These are number six and number 7. Seemed about right for Pap

2b79knh3-1377130078.jpg

papst.png

I know you had your run-ins with pap (RIP), buctootim, but surely even you must miss the fact that you're not going to get some sort of ginger/singles/dating joke back from this?

Surely? Did he not bring the best out in you? In anyone he challenged?

I mean, if we each gazed into the pool of TSW posts, and were met with our own reflection instead of that of the slightly scruffy, long haired, abnormally short, firebrand that is pap, then what would that make us?

I know you had your run-ins with pap (RIP), buctootim, but surely even you must miss the fact that you're not going to get some sort of ginger/singles/dating joke back from this?

Surely? Did he not bring the best out in you? In anyone he challenged?

I mean, if we each gazed into the pool of TSW posts, and were met with our own reflection instead of that of the slightly scruffy, long haired, abnormally short, firebrand that is pap, then what would that make us?

Bletch. There is a whole cross section of humanity on this board, hundreds or thousands of posters. Pap is the only one I had contempt for because of lack of humanity and willingness to throw people under a bus just to try to win an argument on a Saints forum. The fact he had some intelligence and knowledge and was capable of better makes him more culpable not less.

I always found him likeable and intelligent but I do think he spent too much time on here for his own good. He always argued his corner well even though I often disagreed with him but I put this down to his youth and have often wondered whether and how his views would be tempered by another twenty years experience. Maybe now he can spend a bit more time in the real world away from the fantasy life that we all share on here.

Pap's little gingerbread tower was no match for the Moderators Airfix Plane of Truth battering into it, especially with that large cargo of sugar on board. I'm sure that was just a plant though, as the Mod's employed Hypo and Batman as Verbal's henchmen to undermine Pap's fragile online persona.

IMHO he had moments of utter f@@kwittery (who doesn't), but was far more interesting and likeable of late. Did seem to take little spats too far though, so i guess that's what has done for him.

Me? Why would me doing it make it more obvious for Whelk?! I don't have any enemies.

I'm sorry you felt targeted or bullied Batman, and I don't really understand the background to why you get singled out, but as far as I can tell, it usually came off the back of you saying something daft. The comic strip was a funny response to a daft comment.

I wish you would fight back more though! But maybe with a bit more humour...

Bletch. There is a whole cross section of humanity on this board, hundreds or thousands of posters. Pap is the only one I had contempt for because of lack of humanity and willingness to throw people under a bus just to try to win an argument on a Saints forum. The fact he had some intelligence and knowledge and was capable of better makes him more culpable not less.

Yeah, I can see that.

But, I say again (as someone who enjoys reading your contributions), some of your finest posts were drawn out of you by pap's, well, pap-ness.

Me? Why would me doing it make it more obvious for Whelk?! I don't have any enemies.

I'm sorry you felt targeted or bullied Batman, and I don't really understand the background to why you get singled out, but as far as I can tell, it usually came off the back of you saying something daft. The comic strip was a funny response to a daft comment.

I wish you would fight back more though! But maybe with a bit more humour...

He is turning into the Lounge's version of MLG.

Apologies for coming to the muppet show - I know I'm not one of the cool kids.

Just wanted to leave this here

911-memorial-quote.jpg?itok=7J40hwOT

A sad sad day, one hopes it's not permaban . A brilliant poster. I shall think of him everytime I scrape a cervix with a lolly stick