Another hit! The Pap tribute thread.

Tokyo-Saint

It worked!

:-) I used to be able to do the same with Turkish, but fortunately he got bored with his own boringness.

Fascinating thread, and obviously most of the internal board references/posts escaped me and I still don't know who Verbal is in spite of his attempts to out himself: although that be due to a lack of effort on my part. It may well be my own self-defence mechanism after 20+ years on the net that I ignore the more gratuitously stupid posts, from whatever direction they are coming from.

Meeting someone face-to-face is far better, as then you can assess them and, if you feel like it tell them they're a prat in a way you judge best for the situation.

Talking of face-to-face: here's to next season's drinks.. :)

:-) I used to be able to do the same with Turkish, but fortunately he got bored with his own boringness.

Fascinating thread, and obviously most of the internal board references/posts escaped me and I still don't know who Verbal is in spite of his attempts to out himself: although that be due to a lack of effort on my part. It may well be my own self-defence mechanism after 20+ years on the net that I ignore the more gratuitously stupid posts, from whatever direction they are coming from.

Meeting someone face-to-face is far better, as then you can assess them and, if you feel like it tell them they're a prat in a way you judge best for the situation.

Talking of face-to-face: here's to next season's drinks.. :)

What's that Sue, you've got me on ignore? Im surprised you haven't mentioned it before......

Do you still play football by the way?

FWIW the ridiculous conspiracy-defending threads were about the only cack outside the Nutjob thread I've bothered reading away from the Main Bored.

Why he used such a flattering pic of Granty, God knows. :)

And you've no sense of humour, as you've proved before. Maybe you just don't like me and Lou? Chi se ne frega.

Don't mind lou. I think you're confusing having a sense of humour with only laughing when someone says something humorous. When your main topics of conversation are Turkish, talking Italian and skiing then it's about as funny as ebola.

You seem to be as big a w____r as Turkish: you two make a great tag team. I make a comment in amused support of Lou when she joked about your appearance immediately after her post, in an appropriate and less than serious way. You immediately coming steaming in and call _me_ obsessed, and start using the same sticks Turkish used to try and beat me. You're not even original! I've never said anything about or to you, so just go and pick on someone else, because I'm really not impressed.

You seem to be as big a w____r as Turkish: you two make a great tag team. I make a comment in amused support of Lou when she joked about your appearance immediately after her post, in an appropriate and less than serious way. You immediately coming steaming in and call _me_ obsessed, and start using the same sticks Turkish used to try and beat me. You're not even original! I've never said anything about or to you, so just go and pick on someone else, because I'm really not impressed.

Well said.

For heaven's sake, Lou. Go back and read the sentence again. I wasn't accusing you of anything. And I'm sure the following is of interest to precisely no one, but here goes:

There are a number of people on here who know who I am. One of them is Weston Saint, who, presumably in a fit of geriatric rage during a small disagreement, decided to post my former company name here. Pap was on it like a ferret down the proverbial, and was soon dancing around with bits and pieces of my life that he posted on here. To be fair to the person known as pap, he didn't actually ever give my full name, but it was easy to add two and two.

Leave aside forum rules broken by Weston, here's the problem. In the recent past, I've made a number of films that have attracted the attentions of conspiracy theorists. They have targeted me by publishing my name, address and phone numbers in chat rooms and inviting people to do their worst. This included a racist attack (my wife is from South Asia).

My experience of conspiracy theorists over quite an extended period now is that among them are some seriously unhinged people. Some of them even commit the crimes which then other conspiracy theorists claim to be 'false flags'.

When Weston posted as he did, I asked the mods to remove it, precisely because I did not want pap, as a committed and it seems to me highly suggestible conspiracy theorist, to have private information about me. He has presented himself on here at times as deeply obsessed about people's 'real' identity, and appeared to revel in 'unmasking' posters and then using the information he gleaned to abuse and humiliate. He did that, for example, with another poster on here, who'd committed the apparently unspeakable crime of joining an online dating agency. The person known as pap has no right to do that, but he has a track record of following people around.

The present incarnation of pap is someone who's mildly grown up since then, although now with a nervous-tick-like penchant for cartoons which lack both wit and intelligence. More often than not, it's the same impulse to humiliate other posters that's at work in these failed efforts.

As for there being some kind of special rule for me on here - which pap was pretty assiduous in claiming - that is simply untrue, at least as far as I know. It's one of many lies he's put out about me. My refusal in the past to respond to his lies perhaps leads people to think his fairy tales are true. They are not.

I have no knowledge about pap's banning, and as I said earlier I'm sorry to see anyone leave. My strong inclination is to think that he is the author of his own misfortune. The Jeremy Clarkson of Saintsweb, if you will.

As the psycho says, serious business...

I know who you are too Verbs, but I have no interest in naming you as I can see from your body of work it could create real world problems for you. Impressive CV though.

Cute. Drinking pals gang together!

LOL Hypes. I have met Sue precisely once. We are not ganging together. There just appears to be a gathering opinion that you are like a retarded kangal pup, only taking a break from suckling at the Turkish teat to uselessly yap at passers by or nuzzle your muzzle into your indifferent owner's crotch.

Acting Captain Beige. Boring the internet since the beginning of time.

LOL Hypes. I have met Sue precisely once. We are not ganging together. There just appears to be a gathering opinion that you are like a retarded kangal pup, only taking a break from suckling at the Turkish teat to uselessly yap at passers by or nuzzle your muzzle into your indifferent owner's crotch.

Acting Captain Beige. Boring the internet since the beginning of time.

A gathering opinion consisting of the likes of you, Sue, lou, etc. I can live with that.

Fair enough. It may be just 'the likes of us' but who knows? I wouldn't want you to sell yourself short Hypes.

Maybe we should have a 'Is Hypes a beige Turkish-lite poll?

It's strange how many on here are desperate for the approval of others. Pretty sad I think.