A Dutch pre-season.

Coldridge

This article is claiming that Southampton will be playing Groningen on July 18th. The brothers Koeman, particularly Erwin who was there for their KNVB cup victory a couple of weeks ago, have got strong historical links with the club.

http://www.nu.nl/groningen/4049713/fc-groningen-oefent-ploeg-van-ronald-koeman.html

Erwin Koeman was actually chosen by Groningen to hand out the Dutch Cup to the Groningen players.

Southampton are also in talks with Feyenoord about a friendly in De Kuip stadium.

Koeman has said that the Feyenoord friendly will be played on the 24th of July. Southampton will also participate in a tournament organised by Red Bull Salzburg.

When/where has this been said? 24th July would be ideal.

I assume the dates for the friendly with Feyenoord would change depending on Euro qualification. If we finish 7th and have to go in at the 3rd qualifying phase, the two legs are the 30th July and 6th August.

EDIT: Actually, playing Feyenoord 6 days before a qualifier is probably a great way to get prepared. I assume then, that the tournament in Salzburg would be disrupted.

I assume the dates for the friendly with Feyenoord would change depending on Euro qualification. If we finish 7th and have to go in at the 3rd qualifying phase, the two legs are the 30th July and 6th August.

EDIT: Actually, playing Feyenoord 6 days before a qualifier is probably a great way to get prepared. I assume then, that the tournament in Salzburg would be disrupted.

the Salzburg Tournament is July 11th so not affected at all

• 2 weeks later...
Can you still get to the Stadium by water taxi? I remember a few fine afternoons of drinking at a hotel by the water before catching the taxi to the stadium. Would love to do the same but with a Saints Feyenoord game at the end.

Yes you can.

http://www.watertaxirotterdam.nl/evenementen-1/met_de_watertaxi_naar_feyenoor.html

Nothing has been confirmed from Feyenoord side yet. Only Koeman mentioned the date of the 24th of July. I think Feyenoord are also still in contact with Dutch authorities to get the green light for the game.

Already booked, out Thurs lunchtime, back Sunday (flying Soton to Amsterdam). Apparently we're in a hostel (I might upgrade!!!!!!!).

And believe there is a big festival in the city that weekend.

Sounds a good un

Good in the know info on this ;)

so...is Clyne staying? :o