Sky Sports 1 6.30 & 7.30

Gemmel

Why he didn't get more England caps is one of life's great questions. Like what is the meaning of life, or why everyone hates f*cking Spurs so much.

I like to think there's a chill in the air whenever he and Hoddle walk by eachother in the Sky Sports studios.

The best player I will ever see play for saints.

This is me getting old now but, watching that I thought... it"s odd that there a bunch of 20 year olds at St Mary's week in week out who've never seen MLT play...I grew up with that. This generation have missed out :o

Did not realise how lucky I was at the time. 1988/89 was the first season I went to every home game. He came on as a sub and scored a great goal in the opening game of the season in a 4-0 home win over the hammers.

The the seasons that followed I was going home and away.... Great times and apart from the individual skill and talent on show, only this season and last have come near as good, just without an outstanding individual and more a team effort.

Oh and completely agree with his suspicions about Hoddle, always thought that. Utter ******.

I always remember Tony Adams' account of England training where he set Beckham up to take free-kick's and Hoddle told him in front of everyone that he "wasn't good enough to do that skill".

Think Hoddle has/had some kind of inferiority complex.

Excellent programme and tribute to a genuine brilliant person .

I was at most of those games , that last game at the dell against the arse . The memory will will never fade . Only Matt could finish that way . I have to admit I didn't have a dry eye watching that programme . Poor Matt balling his eyes out in the treatment room

He didn't say much about hoddle but what little he said , was enough . Thank goodness Matt chose not to go to Irene dewrey

I watched both programmes, an excellent watch. The greatest of all time Matt. Will never forget the last game against Arsenal at the Dell. Only Matt would produce something like that to win a game.

I was there , behind the goal. Such a tidal wave of emotion at that moment.

Like everyone I've seen the goals a thousand times or more, but it was good to see some of the bits of skill, the assists, p1ss taking, control, ball juggling etc. Wish there was more footage out there, shots that didn't quite go in etc. Shame all the goals weren't in an era where you could see from other angles and in HD.

Just like to add that a lot of the goals were in must win games, they were even more special because of the tension in the ground when they were scored.

Just makes you realise how lucky we were that he chose to stay his entire career with a team that spent the majority of their time in the bottom half of the table. I'm not sure it would happen today. It would be the equivalent of Gareth Bale staying with us.

Brilliant show, the thing that really choked me up about it was seeing the way Matt was up and screaming at St Mary's as Mane scored against Palace a couple of months ago. For anyone who has any doubt about how much Southampton FC means to him watch that, a 10 second clip, it tells you everything you need to know. A lump in the throat moment for me.

• 2 months later...

Some EE promotion for some D-list celebrity football thing. I must be very old as I honestly don't know anyone else in this video apart from Le God!

Apologies if Saint Armstrong has posted this already... I didn't see it.