EXODUS at Liverpool?

Saint-Armstrong

He wants to play Champions League football so they can't stand in his way.

That's how it goes isn't it?

I believe Liverpool had ambitions to be a top 4 club, it looks as if their priority's changed. I have no sympathy for them what so ever.

Oh rogers.

He wants to play Champions League football so they can't stand in his way.

That's how it goes isn't it?

I have absolutely no sympathy for Southampton.

They have a choice as a club. They don’t have to sell. They had that choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were on course to be a *Champions League club, I believe, but, obviously, that has changed.

Football hasn’t changed...

It has always been like that.

That’s the nature of it. Players will want to compete at the highest level.

The guys have come here because of the status of Liverpool and Champions League football. It’s hard to deny players that – and that will always be the case.

Reap what you sow, Brendan.

Where will he go by the way? He's been crap for about 6 months, and generally this season hasn't been great for him.

Arsenal have enough of his sort, Chelsea just splashed £30m on Cuadrado. Utd...? The scouse ****s will love that.

Where will he go by the way? He's been crap for about 6 months, and generally this season hasn't been great for him.

Arsenal have enough of his sort, Chelsea just splashed £30m on Cuadrado. Utd...? The scouse ****s will love that.

Man City, they have more money than sense and a desperate need to sign homegrown players.

I wonder who the players are that Liverpool fans would most hate to see leave. I'm guessing:

Sterling, Coutinho, WaggleDance Sturridge, Henderson, Can.

Oh and Brendan's wonderbuys from the summer, Balotelli and Lovren :)

Sturridge is relatively meaningless as he's made of biscuits. Last season was the exception for him in that he remained fit for most of the season. Every other season in his career has been blighted with fitness problems.

According to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082 he has missed 45 games in 2.5 seasons with Liverpool, and missed only 11 games in the 4.5 seasons before that. Seems to me that the problem is Liverpool's training methods. He should think about moving on.. ;)

I am laughing at the pundits, carragher and such like with their 'disbelief' that sterling would want to leave liverpool.

How many keep saying that he should stay as this is the best place for him and all that....

why shouldn't he go and play champions league football and a bigger pay packet. that is how it works isn't it??

horrible, disgusting club and Rogers is a fecking ****

I am laughing at the pundits, carragher and such like with their 'disbelief' that sterling would want to leave liverpool.

How many keep saying that he should stay as this is the best place for him and all that....

why shouldn't he go and play champions league football and a bigger pay packet. that is how it works isn't it??

Carraghers rant on MNF last night was typical Liverpool sentimental guff.

But seriously, this is just beautiful to watch. A total copy of what we went through last year potentially happening to them, whilst this year we start signing our main men to new contracts. Who's ambitions have changed Rogers??

Most Liveprool fans have said that they can get £30m and just reinvest, but seriously? reinvest in what exactly? all of his signings over the past few years have been dog ****e, so good luck with that.

In the words of Keegan....''I'll love it if we finish above them, I'll love it''

I find the whole thing quite amusing, and it sums up Liverpool. They are living in the past, and think that because it is Liverpool, that that is more than enough. Yes, they have massive support around the world and a lot of money, but they do not have the success of the other big boys.

Sterling was born in 1994

They last won the league in 1989-1990

Champions League in 2004-2005

FA Cup 2005-2006

League Cup 2011-2012

UEFA Cup 2000-2001

The ones he is interested in are the league, last won before he was born, and the CL when he was 9. History is all well and good for those on the terraces, as a lot of them can remember the games but they are irrelevant to Sterling. They did well last season, but have gone massively backwards this season = so what's the boy to think? This is Rodgers' fault. He has a plethora of shiite strikers who he doesn't/can't play, so instead plays Sterling out of position as CF + a crap defence.

And then there is Liverpool. He's a London boy, so I can well imagine that he far prefers London to Liverpool, although it will be interesting to see if he ends up in Manchester or abroad. The press are having their Liverpool love in continued after the Steven ****ing Gerrard saga, and are saying poor Liverpool, after all they've done for him.

A few comments from RAWK.......

I think he,s gone, there is no way back, get the money, stupid boy

So frustrating but we'll ravage Villa and Burnley

Not to mention Southampton who will be rubbing their hands waiting for us to start throwing money their way again on ****e

As long as the ****e is called Clyne, Schneiderlin or Wanyama I'll not have a problem.

What annoys me is the difference in media coverage over this. When one of our players agitates for a move they come out with tripe like "he deserves his shot at a big club" when one of Liverpool's players do the same they are universally condemned.

The problem is that the media is full of ex-Liverpool people, and it becomes a complete cringe fest. Look at Sky with the gerrard stuff, I mean christ - could it get any more nauseating?

But expect the tripe about Liverpool being the best club for him, he should stay for a couple of years and continue to develop ''under one of the best managers''. But what if Liverpool wanted JWP? ''It would be a good move for Liverpool, he deserves to play at a big club. Rogers will handle him brilliantly'' bla bla bla

The players probably realise with their continual 'get out of jail card' (Gerrard) leaving' date=' they might actually have to perform to a proper standard; one they're probably not capable of. Nice to see Rodgers getting a taste of his own medicine. I hope more of the ones they want to keep follow Sterlng and Gerrard out too.[/quote']

Surely they'd have realised that 18 months ago when Gerrard stopped being any good?

He shouldn't have been even near the team this season and this season they've won 59% of matches without him, and only 37% of games he started. Or to put it another way, it's taken them 35 matches to win 13 games with him, and 22 matches to win 13 games without.

Matches with S Gerrard W 13 D 11 L 11

As a %: W 37 D 31 L 31

Matches without S Gerrard W 13 D 4 L 5

As a %: W 59 D 18 L 23

I guess being in the Champions League this season kept most of them (not Suarez though, who, along with Sturridge's injury is the real reason they've been worse).

Liverpool will be alright next season as long as the old crock stays away and doesn't keep hanging around criticising all and sundry and IF they sign a real striker, it's about all they need. This season Rodgers signed two duds so it's no real surprise that they don't score.

Liverpool are going to have the spectre of Gerrard hanging over them until they give him the managers job and he succeeds or fails

You think? I think they'd have to be nuts to even offer him a coaching job, but Rodgers has at the very least been saying nice things until Gerrard's actually out the door, which isn't surprising when he's also continued to pick him long after he ceased being beneficial to the team.

This

Sterling wants to play in the CL as did Suarez and as do any top class players. Add in the fact he wants to go back to London and he'll be at Arsenal or Chelsea. They are living on 20 year old past glory - Rodgers had a great chance to use the money from Suarez to rebuild that team but he spunked it all on dross like Lovren (ha ha)

Reed and Liebherr must be wetting themselves that they gave us 50m quid last summer ...