Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Oh and 'another crap performance.' How many times have we been beaten like that this season? In fact we have just had a really good run of results, but one terrible result and all of a sudden Alpine's doom and gloom is acceptable?

3 crap performances to be more precise, even if the City result was expected. Some of the previous performances were also crap, at least in parts

Edited by VectisSaint

Just shows how shockingly poor he Is, he can't even get on the bench . The bizarre attitude isn't with the ones who agree with the manager , but the ones who hang onto this deluded dream that he's actually a good player .

There are 3 explanations for his lack of game time .

1. You & other Gastonettes know more about football than Poch & Ron .

2. Poch & Ron actually think he's really good , but can't or won't play him .

3. He's a shocking waste of money who is incapable of having a career in the premiership .

Plus he was also so brilliant at Hull he kept them up, was the first name on the teamsheet, they moved heaven and earth to sign him......oh

We weren't crap in the second half against City. And lets forget Chelsea shall we or the decent run we had earlier.

No-one is forgetting Chelsea, and you are right we weren't crap for about 20 minutes of the 2nd half against City. But we were crap in the start of that match and lost it as a result, we were crap against Stoke, we were crap 2nd half against Bournemouth and we were crap against Leicester 2nd half. Oh and Manu we were crap apart from the beginning and end. In some cases we got decent results despite crap performances, but no-one was discussing results, Alpine specifically mentioned performances not results. Alpine is not wide of the mark, but then its Alpine and even when he posts something reasonable he gets shouted down because his reputation goes before him.

• 1 month later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/transfernews/6860380/Southampton-transfer-news-Daddy-Ramirez-cool-on-Bologna-move.html

SOUTHAMPTON might be able to offload Gaston Ramirez once the new dad gets a good night’s sleep.

The Uruguayan playmaker seems surplus to requirements at St Mary’s under Ronald Koeman and was loaned out to Hull last season.

This season the 25-year-old has made just three sub appearances in the Premier League, totting up to just 28 minutes of action, but he has no interest in moving just yet with a growing family on the South Coast

Ramirez moved to the club from Bologna in 2012 and the Serie A side have been ready and willing to take him back ever since.

The Italian club claim they have had permission to speak to the schemer but he’s unlikely to move this month with late-night feeds and dirty nappies higher on his agenda.

“I already called Ramirez once, in agreement with the club, to see how he was and ask what he wanted to do in future, seeing as we’d like to begin negotiations,” Bologna boss Marco Di Vaio said.

“He replied that at the moment he is concentrated on the birth of his first child. He is training well, but we did not set any deadlines.”

I read somwhere £65k / week :scared:.. not bad for doing training sessions at Staplewood every week. No wonder he's in no hurry to move.

....anyone know when the baby's due?

Don't be surprised to see part of the money we've saved on Caulker go into his pay off (it's been hinted at to me)

Don't be surprised to see part of the money we've saved on Caulker go into his pay off (it's been hinted at to me)

Any possible incoming noises Guan or has RK been told to use what he has! Interested to see how the 'Future' meeting went the other day! Spirit looked fantastic last night so sounds positive! Still think a new face may help though esp if we get more injuries

Its quite possible that on top of his £70K a week wages that he will get to May, there is also a signing on bonus lingering in between now and then. So i really cant see him going anywhere that will match losing any of that money.

Bologna paper Il Resto del Carlino had a very detailed article (http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/bologna-ramirez-1.1646957) yesterday. Maybe someone with better Italian can check, but as I read the article, Bologna are offering a three year contract with 700k Euros per season plus bonuses - seems Gaston wants at least double. Ball is now in Bologna's court, ie try again or withdraw. Article claims even their offer is less this season than the 2m Euros he'd get at Saints by staying put until June, and that Besiktas would pay 1.5m but would prefer Bologna if they could more or less match it. Other expressions of interest include PAOK, Cruz Azul of Mexico, and 'Boro. As Saint Charlie says, there are games going on, and maybe Gaston has a talkative agent - but I also get a feeling he is more motivated by the cash than anything else. He may therefore just sit tight until June so, if we're losing, Ron can give him ten minutes on the field some time, to make no difference.

To be fair to Gaston he's got his head down and still trains even though he's hardly got a look in. Yes I know he's on a shedload of cash but he seems to be a nice enough chap and just doing whats best for him and his family. I really hope he goes to Middlesbrough or Swansea and does well. Also hope he goes there without getting a pay off also which seems unlikely. Be a good signing for both of them IMO. Swansea are lacking goals and need them to stay up and Middlesbrough are always going to dominate the ball and have teams sit back on them for the rest of the season so he will be able to help break teams down for them with that killer pass.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/41767/? Also the bit in this article is not true is it?

"like any player who has not technically asked for a move he is in a strong position in that he is entitled to have his contract paid up if he is sold, in practice that rarely happens with the selling club & player usually settling on a figure somewhere inbetween 0 and the full amount of the contract."

It's the loyalty bonus that's due to a player not the whole contract :facepalm:. Yeah we just sold you with 4 years left on your contract (Lallana) so we're gonna pay all those years to you in one sum before you go...

Bologna paper Il Resto del Carlino had a very detailed article (http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/bologna/bologna-ramirez-1.1646957) yesterday. Maybe someone with better Italian can check, but as I read the article, Bologna are offering a three year contract with 700k Euros per season plus bonuses - seems Gaston wants at least double. Ball is now in Bologna's court, ie try again or withdraw. Article claims even their offer is less this season than the 2m Euros he'd get at Saints by staying put until June, and that Besiktas would pay 1.5m but would prefer Bologna if they could more or less match it. Other expressions of interest include PAOK, Cruz Azul of Mexico, and 'Boro. As Saint Charlie says, there are games going on, and maybe Gaston has a talkative agent - but I also get a feeling he is more motivated by the cash than anything else. He may therefore just sit tight until June so, if we're losing, Ron can give him ten minutes on the field some time, to make no difference.

Depends on the bonuses of course but 700K € is nothing really. 10K £ a week(ish) Can't see him falling over himself to take that sort of contract up until his current one either runs out or is paid up in full.

I wish he'd just p*ss off.

Most expensive mistake in Saints history.

Me too. I wish that instead of signing for us, he'd used his powers of clairvoyance and looked a couple of years into the future, seen that he wouldn't be able to pin down a first team place, and then done the right thing by refusing the move. What he's doing by turning up for work, training and then not getting picked for the match day squad is basically immoral.

I'm sure I read that we did.

I thought I read it as not being the whole lot, just a hey lets be sensible here.

Sort of we will pay you X, end your contract, give you your registration, you're a free agent clear to make what you can signing on with some other sucke...... uh football club. all strings cut.

............... Oh and Don't let the door bang on your @R$e on the way out

"like any player who has not technically asked for a move he is in a strong position in that he is entitled to have his contract paid up if he is sold, in practice that rarely happens with the selling club & player usually settling on a figure somewhere inbetween 0 and the full amount of the contract."

What makes anyone think we are going to sell Ramirez? He is out of contract in June, he is free to talk to other clubs now, if someone is willing to sign him then he will probably go with no fee, and no paying up his contract.

No way did we pay off the whole value of Osvaldo's contract.

We will never know, but I am confident Gash has cost us a whole lot more, since he has hung around the club like a rotten fart for years.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/southampton-dani-osvaldo-terminate-contract

It's about the same, they both cost about £25m to the club.

I think it would be good if he goes to Swansea as post-Shelvey, they've likely got the cash to pay all of his wages.

I imagine it would be a loan until the end of the season.