Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

I hope not. Will be one of the first shipped out I'd have thought, get as much as we can for him, but expect to make a huge loss.

I agree, we will have to take it on the chin. I have a feeling that Ramirez future is a journeyman in Italy.

So, Hull are down. Gaston will be back from loan as I can't see Hull wanting to keep him ?

Does he have a future at Saints ?

Come on Dalek, where is the "recent form has been a worry I can only predict 17th at best next season" or has that version Dalek gone forever :lol:

Come on Dalek, where is the "recent form has been a worry I can only predict 17th at best next season" or has that version Dalek gone forever :lol:

You should know that I don't normally make a prediction until well into the transfer window. However, I do see turbulent times ahead.

I believe everyone will be given a fair chance in pre-season and then shipped off

Agreed. RK has not really seen him or seen what he thinks he may have to offer. Gaston is still an open book IMO.

Also, we still need depth of squad.

Agreed. RK has not really seen him or seen what he thinks he may have to offer. Gaston is still an open book IMO.

I know what you are saying but surely by now SFC have seen enough to know whether he is worth keeping.

I know what you are saying but surely by now SFC have seen enough to know whether he is worth keeping.

SFC, yes, but RK, no.

SFC look prepared to give RK his own mind on things based on previous signings. It's all down to RK in my opinion.

SFC, yes, but RK, no.

SFC look prepared to give RK his own mind on things based on previous signings. It's all down to RK in my opinion.

He's had 10 too many chances already for me, It's time to cut our losses and stop living on this cloud that ''gaston may come good!!''. He won't, he's just been relegated from the PL. He isn't a PL player, and that's the biggest proof you can get.

Not a bad player, but simply isn't PL. We shouldn't waste our time trying to ''see'' if he can do something, we've already wasted 3 seasons with that. Let's put his wages into someone who will actually contribute.

Is fine to slag him off but I really don't see how Elia, Djuricic or second half of the season tadic are any better.

No one is saying Elia or Djuricic are better - they need to go as well.

But Tadic is better, there's a lot more to come from him next year. We already saw his quality, we're still waiting for the others.

I hope not. Will be one of the first shipped out I'd have thought, get as much as we can for him, but expect to make a huge loss.

I recall his comment when he was signed ......something along the lines that .....his salary was enormous...and he couldn't refuse.

.....if that was 30K+/week then we're in for a real cold shower if we have to see out his contract.:scared: Best that we ship him out ASAP for whatever we can get.

RK will know very very well what to expect from him

SFC, yes, but RK, no.

Remind me which manager bundled him off to Hull on September 1st after being the manager of Southampton for two and a half months?

I have a feeling RK doesn't want him. He played some in pre-season last year, even had a prem game if I recall, then was shipped out to Hull pretty quick. I think if RK had him in his plans at all he wouldn't have gone to Hull. Happy to be wrong and Gaston to become the kind of player we have seen very occasional flashes of, but I think he's done here because of whatever RK saw last August.

Remind me which manager bundled him off to Hull on September 1st after being the manager of Southampton for two and a half months?

Loan spells are often used to develop a player that does not fit the current plans. If loan players are always crap, then why do we have so many? Because we want crap players?

Loan spells are often used to develop a player that does not fit the current plans. If loan players are always crap, then why do we have so many? Because we want crap players?

How's the "development" of Dani Osvaldo going? All those "development" loan moves he's had must only be great for SFC when he comes back all developed and everything.

Ramirez has no future at Southampton. If Koeman wanted to see how he could develop as part of a Premier League team then I reckon there is a Premier League team that he could have kept him in.

How's the "development" of Dani Osvaldo going? All those "development" loan moves he's had must only be great for SFC when he comes back all developed and everything.

Ramirez has no future at Southampton. If Koeman wanted to see how he could develop as part of a Premier League team then I reckon there is a Premier League team that he could have kept him in.

Since previously quoting that you cannot recall any post I ever made, you seem to be making up for it now.

The loaning out of Osvaldo was an exceptional circumstance due to him being a nutcase.

Please, stalking is not a form of flattery. Get on with your life and move on.

Since previously quoting that you cannot recall any post I ever made, you seem to be making up for it now.

The loaning out of Osvaldo was an exceptional circumstance due to him being a nutcase.

Please, stalking is not a form of flattery. Get on with your life and move on.

What are you on about?

You're saying Koeman hasn't had a chance to assess Ramirez where he clearly and obviously has.

Let's remember who decided to carry on a debate with me from one thread onto a different thread, and this is now three separate threads you're trying to have the same argument with me on. You to me, not the other way round.

Get over yourself.

I'm simply saying that RK may have loaned him out for further development and assessment.

And the conclusion from the loan assessment should simply read - Not anywhere near good enough, no further assessment required.

And the conclusion from the loan assessment should simply read - Not anywhere near good enough, no further assessment required.

And that will most likely be the assessment with RK having access to all the videos and scouting material made available to him that we, as fans are not privy to. I sure as hell have not been watching Hull all season.

No Gaston thread is complete without mention of " the game against Villa" or some world class assist against someone ( Newcastle?) . Also he's a young boy, he's in a foreign country and he hasn't has a preseason since he was 4.

And may I be the first to post that age old gem , " he clearly has talent" .

Who do you get rid of? Probably all of them. I wouldn't be upset.

Gaston for sure. Yes, I was one who said give him time, but no point giving him the complete period of his contract to come good (which he won't). I was also one who said he had talent, what with a few slick touches, a reputation in Italy and being *****il recently) in Uruguay squad. But he can't cut it in the PL.

However, I do think that he played an important part in our step back into the PL. Making a big signing, and he had plenty of suitors, was important to show that we meant business. He did though come with the wrong attitude what with saying that we were offering so much that he couldn't turn us down.

So, Hull are down. Gaston will be back from loan as I can't see Hull wanting to keep him ?

Does he have a future at Saints ?

No - one of the most disappointing signings of our time. 99% of us were very excited and rightly so when we signed him, but apart from when we beat Villa 4-1 he's never really lived up to the promise - time to cut our losses.

You should know that I don't normally make a prediction until well into the transfer window. However, I do see turbulent times ahead.

I predict that the weather will vary.

I recall his comment when he was signed ......something along the lines that .....his salary was enormous...and he couldn't refuse.

.....if that was 30K+/week then we're in for a real cold shower if we have to see out his contract.:scared: Best that we ship him out ASAP for whatever we can get.

FM has us paying him 55K pounds a week.

Edited by Redslo

He's had enough chances now, can anyone name a time when he actually put in a decent run of performances? I just remember scattered periods of occasional talent, nowhere near enough to warrant a place in our squad.

I'd take pretty much any offer to get him off the wage bill. He is only to leave on a free next summer anyway, might as well do it now and free up some wages. Surely someone in Italy will take him.

I'd hang onto him until we can actually find an attacking midfielder to replace him with.

There's no point in losing Gaston if we can't find an upgrade. Otherwise we're at risk of bringing in another Elia or Djuricic.

I'd hang onto him until we can actually find an attacking midfielder to replace him with.

There's no point in losing Gaston if we can't find an upgrade. Otherwise we're at risk of bringing in another Elia or Djuricic.

Or another Gaston.

Yes, let's keep a vastly over paid under performing player in case we sign someone cheaper who is just as bad .

Like hanging on to a girlfriend going through the local rugby team because you are scared of being alone for a bit...

I would say, aside from replacements for Toby, Morgan and Clyne (depending on who leaves) a decent attacking midfielder would be our #1 priority this summer. I'm sure we can find someone and as such I see no need to keep Gaston.

To me him and Djuricic personify our problems this season. Comfortable on the ball and with good technique but fail to deliver any actual impact. You don't get any more points for that than you do hoofing it BFS style up the pitch.

Can f*ck right off back to Uruguay or Italy.

Just proven over the last season its him, not us.

Not another penny out of our coffers on him, please.

TBF, you made this call much earlier than others. Is his failure to impress due to a poor attitude or lack of ability or both ?

If we fast forward to next summer, and he's still here and once again hasn't done anything and is out of contract, I bet you there will still be fans who say ''Give him one more year just to see...'' ''Just in case...'' ''good squad player''. Not at 50k p/w he's not.

Time to stop clinging onto the hope. He never made it here, and along with Osvaldo our 2 'marquee' signings have been disasters for the club.

I predict that the weather will vary.

FM has us paying him 55K pounds a week.

The talk at the time was that he was earning (approximately) £60,000 gross (so FM is probably accurate). If he was 'only' earning half of that (gross), I'd still want him off of the wage bill. Sell, sell, sell. I can't imagine Hull covered his entire salary either :mcinnes: