Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Do you love mangers and scouts as well?

With such a great record, why won't someone take him on loan?

How much do saints want in a fee/wages? Did he decline to leave? Was he injured so couldn't leave oh you don't know so it must be because he is totally crap? He clearly isn't messi but neither is he Tommy fourpast, what is it with people these days that means everything has to be black and white with nothing in between?

I can definitely see him getting a game or two in the first team between now and christmas. I think RK/EK will get to know him very well watching him train each week, and maybe as their confidence in his best position and ability to step up increases, they may well stick him in for a game or two. Probably come on in last 20 mins of a game when we're 3-0 up, first.

not ITK, just a hunch

Always been a flat-track bully, not a game-changer.

Not what we need........

I recall him playing well against Chelsea for Hull when they were on Sky last season?

I can definitely see him getting a game or two in the first team between now and christmas. I think RK/EK will get to know him very well watching him train each week, and maybe as their confidence in his best position and ability to step up increases, they may well stick him in for a game or two. Probably come on in last 20 mins of a game when we're 3-0 up, first.

not ITK, just a hunch

When are people going to give it up. " Clearly got talent " are people on a wind up? Mr Woo clearly had talent, he could juggle the ball, do all sorts of circus tricks , the problem comes when there' s other people trying to get the ball off him .

Some people completely and utterly over rate him which is laughable considering he never plays. Its nothing to do with injuries or managers not using him correctly and everything to do with him not being very good.

To say he's better than Steve Davis is an insult to a proper footballer. Why some people are baffled he's still here if Rons not going to use is beyond me . The reason he's still here is very simple, nobody else wants him.

On his current wages, I'm sure 100s of clubs arounds the world would happily have him, if they could afford him. He'll likely have to take a cut in his next contract but for now he is earning a lot more than anyone else is willing to pay.

On his current wages, I'm sure 100s of clubs arounds the world would happily have him, if they could afford him. He'll likely have to take a cut in his next contract but for now he is earning a lot more than anyone else is willing to pay.

If he expects to be paid what he is on at the moment for us, sat on his lazy backside, then the next club needs to carry out a full psychological appraisal on him!

Sadly he will see out his contract with us because of this.

not ITK, just a hunch

If he expects to be paid what he is on at the moment for us, sat on his lazy backside, then the next club needs to carry out a full psychological appraisal on him!

Sadly he will see out his contract with us because of this.

Footballers rarely take a pay cut, much like many workers. Look at Adebayor he rather make loads surplus to requirements at Spurs than leave for first team football for less money.

He can still get a transfer to Qatar, their transfer window closes 30th September

Has it been established whether Gaston was the all time most drawn-out saints web signing of all time? I'm not sure if it definitely surpassed Rudi Skachel, or if there have been others I've forgotten.

The fella from Barcelona who I think Alan Ball signed. Name escapes me but was quality and linked up well with MLT. That seemed to go on for weeks.

He could have been the next Federico Arias.

The torpedo! wasn't he the next Keleber Chala,or was it the other way round?

Or Marcelo Tejera.

I'm sure he was a Redknapp brown paper bag job, showed up on loan for 6 months never set foot on the pitch and the quietly disappeared I bet Rosie was counting the cash onthat little number!

Back on topic interesting to see Gaston included in the premier league squad maybe the door is still fractionally ajar to him? I won't hold my breath waiting for him to kick it down but you never do know!

This year I've seen all our attackers have patches of awful form, especially end of last season. Tadic was awful, Pelle couldn't score, Davis couldn't do anything, JWP lost it, Long couldn't be relied on, Elia was ****, Djuricic was ****, and no Rodriguez isn't on top form.

I don't see why we can't give Ramirez a chance too. The guy hasn't played for us in over a year. He must be eager to be playing football again surely.

Agreed

Involved in the equaliser at chelsea that first season too. He had some good games, but none after Nigel was gone.

Puncheons goal or Lamberts? I can't remember but remember his awesome first time pass for Lallanas goal in a game against West Brom dead set to be 0-0.

Edited by Saint IQ

If we can't sort out a deal covering a significant amount of his wages and if his attitude is good, we may as well try to utilise him a bit. I guess he wouldn't currently get on our bench, hard for the club to stomach those wages on that basis.

Just the same as Sky. Sky understands. Its just media waffle for a story they would like to be true but for whixh they have no basic facts with which to back it up. Did you learn nothing from the window?

what, that vic actually wanted out and it was not made up at all?

Just the same as Sky. Sky understands. Its just media waffle for a story they would like to be true but for whixh they have no basic facts with which to back it up. Did you learn nothing from the window?

Remind me, what was made up during the window?

I think when he leaves us he'll go to a mid-table Spanish club, and become very good again. I think he's good, and I think he is a player that we would be brilliant sat behind Graziano. Probably won't get the chance, which is a shame.

This, or to another slow-paced league like Greece, Italy or Portugal.

Poor mans Bryan Ruiz.