FA Cup - Fourth Round

League Cup - Quarter Final

Played - 45

Won - 22

Drawn - 7

Lost - 16

Goals Scored - 65

Goals Conceded - 41

A sixth consecutive season of improvement under Liebherr ownership.

So, how do you rate Ronald Koeman's first season as Southampton manager?

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

I don't think anyone can have any complaints, what we have done this season is the thing of fantasy based on our pre-season tbh. I didn't believe we'd struggle, as Sunderland, Villa, Hull, QPR, Burnley etc were in the league with us, but I thought we'd dip a little and was expecting that, but to do better than last season on every front is truly unreal. A lot of credit has to go to every single person at the club, and most notably the manager for putting his idea's across and getting this team to link so quickly.

Next season will be a different situation completely, as there will be real expectation (And potentially more games with Europe). We need to ensure we continue to push on from here and not stand still, we're still the 'best of the rest', but I think we're ready to join the 'best' lot now.

A fantastic season which was dulled by poor form in the latter stages.

That dull form would have seen us relegated in the kind of Saints season I am accustomed to!

To be disappointed at finishing 7th? I'll take that every day of the week, thank you! :D

Overall a terrific season for us and a great start by Koeman, after joining the club at an exceptionally difficult time. Defensively, we have been the best I can remember in my 30 odd years of supporting Saints, and really hope we can keep our back 4 together next season.

I do feel some frustration that we faded in the run-in despite what seemed like a reasonable run of fixtures, and feel like we would have achieved 5th if our attacking play had been just slightly better in the last couple of months. But I think this has been a reflection of the lack of depth in our squad, which has meant we haven't had good enough options to rotate players who are tired or out of form. The strength of the squad in terms of attacking players who can weigh in with goals is the main area we need to address in the summer, particularly if we are in Europe.

Overall it's been a very good season. Until January 31st we were genuine contenders for the Champions League, but we ran out of steam, especially away from home, as teams found us out. We didn't have the options going forward to change things when we came up against sides that sat back against us, and that is obviously something that must be addressed this summer. Another player in the mould of Mane, a fit Rodriguez, and someone offering a threat from the attacking midfield positions (the fact that Wanyama, Schneiderlin, and Bertrand each scored more this season than Steven Davis and Ward-Prowse is indicative of an obvious problem) would be valuable additions. A few fans have criticised Koeman for not changing things more during matches, but what options did he have, really? If we're serious about progressing further then he must not have this excuse next season. On the plus side, we've been defensively excellent, thanks to a largely consistent set of selections, but if we cannot sign Toby and Morgan does leave then the money must go on some seriously good replacements. Our defence has covered up for the fact that one-third of our league goals this season have come in three thumping home wins. In spite of this, I still think that we can improve our league position again next season, as we are not far behind either Liverpool or Tottenham and, as the latter have shown this season, the Europa League (should we qualify) need not be a hindrance if you have the squad and use it. Season ticket renewed - bring on 8 August!

Another great season, and definitely better than expected after all the departures although I never thought we would be bottom 3 as even with all the players that left I felt it was obvious that the promoted clubs would struggle and teams like Villa, Hull, Sunderland didn't appear to have much quality.

Some real highlights, both home and away, and as always with Saints, a few low-lights as well (wouldn't be Saints otherwise!). Really pleased I got back to see a few games, including the cup win at Arsenal. Wish I could have stayed for another couple of weeks and seen the Sunderland game, but hey, can't have everything :)

I'm already looking forward to next season but I think expectations have risen and it will be very hard to keep us happy next year because we've become accustomed to progress and improvement and realistically the top 4 is out of reach for the foreseeable future (never say never!).

I fully expect another big transfer window, both in and out, and hopefully Koeman will do the business again.

I'd settle for a cup final, and if Arsenal beat Villa, a bit of a European adventure too. I'd better start saving. Hmmm.....Basel on the 18th of May and Wembley on the 21st? How perfect (albeit unlikely...) would that be :)

I'd say the best season in my Saints supporting memory, with only Chris Nicholl's wonder team finishing 7th and Bally's 10th place finish really in the running for me. Last season was good but I wasn't loving the club as much as I did then and I do again.

Mane, Frazer, Bertrand and Toby have been outstanding additions with Tadic and Pelle filling big shoes effectively, especially in that dreamland first half of the season.

It was always a tall order to expect to maintain that level of performance throughout the season, and so it proved. We're the best of the rest by some distance and we all should be very proud of the job the board, the manager and the players have done to achieve it.

Next season I just want us to be in Europe come Saturday night, still in it in September and still in it again come February. Plus a decent top ten spot.

A very good season and above my pre-season expectations (about midtable, maybe 8th-12th) but I can't help but thinking 'what might have been'.

Before Fraser's injury we had the best defence in the League and I don't think anyone has ever had that honour and missed out on the top four. Perhaps our amazing defence is pushing up my expectations too much but I can't help but feel more from Long, Tadic, Davis, JWP, Ellia and Djuricic would have seen us do it. Finishing below really poor Liverpool and Spurs sides is disappointing and Man Utd have been nothing special over 38 games.

Overall though, a great season. We won every League game I went to (7 to be precise) and that 8-0 was once in a lifetime stuff.

Utterly brilliantly season

I was throwing my toys everywhere at the beginning, thought we were in deep doodo.

I feared the worst after losing the spine of our team and the manager, who had a strong bond with the main players.

With all the rumblings and rumour s of Katherine wanting to sell, and at one time thinking we wouldn't have any players left after the "fire sale" the turn around has been amazing, all credit to the RK for having the balls to talk so openly at the time.

And to Katherine for her handeling and involvement of the club, we are defiantly in good hands!!.

Koeman and his staff have been amazing and again a breath of fresh air, and you get a sense he is a genuine guy (unlike poch imo)

Players

Brilliant!!! they have adapted to RK style of play seamlessly, which I know has a lot to do with RK, but the players deserve a lot of credit as well.

Very happy!!!!!!