Saints release 6

Saint Garrett

Should we be surprised about Cropper?

Was going to say - this means for sure that we'll see 2 keepers IMO. That just leaves Paulo as the U21 GK. (unless you count will britt)

Not surprised by the list, really. Sinclair for example was never going to make it here. He was sent back from Hibs because he was a bit pants! Will be interesting to see where they end up. I hope Jos gets himself a good club back in his hometown to bring down his career, good pro.

Interesting. I thought Gazzaniga would have been on that list too.

Good luck to all of them!

Without Jos we wouldn't have got into the PL. Boruc certainly was an improvement on what we had.

But Gazzaniga still has 1/2 years left on his contract.

I think Rowe has been injured for ages so it's sad for him. Sinclair, IMO would never realistically have had a first team chance. Seager and Gallagher are ahead of him as forwards and Sims is rated as a better prospect in the wide role.

Good luck to all of them.

Having seen Cropper for the first time in a competitive game last week, I think his kicking needs work - his hands were good but he looked fairly uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Boruc was inevitable after he burned his bridges when we signed Forster, thanks to Jos for everything he did getting us up and hopefully he'll find another club, and best wishes to the kids who at least have a lot of options lower down compared to when we were a L1 club...

Slightly weirded out by the comment above about Gazzaniga, who isn't out of contract and has just had his best game for the club in the Premier League.

Was going to say - this means for sure that we'll see 2 keepers IMO. That just leaves Paulo as the U21 GK. (unless you count will britt)

Not surprised by the list, really. Sinclair for example was never going to make it here. He was sent back from Hibs because he was a bit pants! Will be interesting to see where they end up. I hope Jos gets himself a good club back in his hometown to bring down his career, good pro.

All of this, but also shame about Rowe, looked very handy when I saw him prior to his run of injuries.

Good luck to them. I really thought Rowe would make it - maybe he still can.

Special mentions for Boruc & Jos. Some great memories.

So does this mean that the mysterious Mayuka* tweet about being released was false?

* (Yes, I know he's not out of contract)

No surprises.

Hooiveld has had his moments in the Championship and Premier League and Boruc was one of the best keeper in the Prem last year.

As for Cropper... if he can't force his way ahead of Davis and Gazzaniga after at least 2 years of trying, then he isn't going to be good enough.

how, he was there last season in the championship

Because he was a loanee and now he's their player.

Not hard to understand how signing a player who has just contributed to getting you promoted, who already has experience at that level, is a good signing. The alternative was chucking money at a different keeper who doesn't have the benefit of knowing the squad and setup.

Is that the end of "Irene", or will he/she be back with more insight?

Goodnight Irene, hopefully

Gazzanigga is not u21 keeper, he is already 23, but has been playing for u21s as over age keeper/player. Isted/Britt will probably be u21 keeper(s) next season unless we still need to give Gazza some match practice. I still think that Gazza will be shipped out, either transferred or maybe on loan. His body language after the Villa game suggested to me at least that he was taking in the atmosphere at his final appearance at SMS.

Anyone else getting worried, other teams are making signings, feel we are getting left behind. What is Les Reed doing? ;)

Les will let you know when he's completed yet another surprise.Don't be so impatient.

After all the season only finished two days ago.

Say what you like, but we have two very obvious problems. Goal keeper and striker. We normally dither our way through the summer transfer market. Let us hope this year is different or we could end up regretting it.

Do we? In the 6 years since the Liebherr takeover we've risen from 68th in England to 7th in England. Does that not suggest our transfer strategy has been extremely effective?

And the transfer window is not even open.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] V.2.

[/TD]

[TD] The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the Season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Daythereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Page 200...

http://m.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf

Edited by Matthew Le God

As far as "dithering" goes, we can't exactly formulate a final transfer plan when we don't know if we need to plan for Europa League qualifiers or not.
Would that really shape our plans at all? It could well be only a handful of games.

Would that really shape our plans at all? It could well be only a handful of games.

At this exact moment in time it could be anywhere between 0 (Villa win the FA Cup) and 19 (reach the Final from the 3rd Qualifying Round), extra matches, which is the problem.

The Europa League Play Off Round is complete on 27th August, which leaves a few days to complete any pending transfers to add to squad depth should we make the Group stages.

Edited by The9

Do we? In the 6 years since the Liebherr takeover we've risen from 68th in England to 7th in England. Does that not suggest our transfer strategy has been extremely effective?

Worry not, Dalek is a man who could find huge negativity in a £25m euro lottery win