FIFA 16

nta786

Fifa 16 to add women's teams for the first time

http://gu.com/p/49a25

First major news regarding FIFA 16: it will feature women!!!

Thoughts everyone?

Get the sexist brigade out!

just saying- but to make it realistic-

Stadiums should be half empty

Goalkeepers crap

Terrible first touches

Game played at a slower pace

If the ratings are inflated so that the best female player is rated a 90 then EA I disagree.

The best female player i'd say should be rated 70 maximum, if that!

Fifa 16 to add women's teams for the first time

http://gu.com/p/49a25

First major news regarding FIFA 16: it will feature women!!!

Thoughts everyone?

Get the sexist brigade out!

just saying- but to make it realistic-

Stadiums should be half empty

Goalkeepers crap

Terrible first touches

Game played at a slower pace

If the ratings are inflated so that the best female player is rated a 90 then EA I disagree.

The best female player i'd say should be rated 70 maximum, if that!

"HALF"?????? :facepalm:

I've not played FIFA for some time, but I'm not sure about the inclusion of female players in the game.

It might be an attempt to broaden the appeal of the game, but personally I am not interested in women's football despite the BBC's constant attempts to convince me otherwise.

I was going to buy FIFA 15 but I was dissuaded by bad reviews and people that said PES was the better game, so I'm holding out for the price to drop before I buy it.

• 3 months later...

I used to buy Pro Evo on Japanese imports for my PS2, but the game has not improved an inch since then, still looks like a load of clunky robots on tracks, still the same collision detection issues, played the demo, still the same, PLUS the editing stuff that used to be the best bit is being sucked out of the game gradually.

Yoshida looks excellent, no surprise with him being a Japanese player - Bertrand, Pelle decent too, but not a patch on the FIFA16 models. Some of them are just awful.

Edited by The9

Haha some of these replies :lol: :lol: :lol:

PES has improved considerably in recent years, FIFA surpassed it in 2010 and was amazing for 4 years until FIFA 14, since then, the fun and innovations have dried up, as has the gameplay, which has grown predictable, dull, fake and boring.

Ever since PES 2014 the series has been moving in the right direction again, with the new Fox engine giving players full 360 degree movement (emphatically, definitely, not on tracks The9 ;)) the series has been getting better and better, FIFA dropped the ball with FIFA 15, and PES 2015 was the better game last year, but some issues (slight delay between pressing a button and the player passing the ball) held it back slightly, PES 2016 is the culmination of Konami's efforts to turn the series around, and it is now, definitively, the better game.

If you want shallow things like licenses, player likenesses, stadia, songs etc. to all be spot on, if you want a living, breathing replication of the buzz, the excitement etc. of a football match-day with all the players faces anally scanned, all the stadia anally scanned, all the licenses etc. then go by FIFA by all means, but if you want the BETTER game, the BETTER football game, the game you'll have more fun with then go get PES 2016 instead.

Also, by using an Option File you can import all the Premier League kits in just like the good ol' days (if it means the world to you) :D

Don't take my word for it though, PES 2016 is higher rated amongst gaming critics around the world:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2016

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/fifa-16

If you want to w_ank over pretty likenesses, licenses and stadiums, go play FIFA, if you actually want to play a better Football game, maybe the greatest football game of all time, go buy PES, simple ;)

Edited by BlakeySFC

I played the demo of PES, won 5-3 in my first game. Played fifa demo, got battered 3-0 in first game. To me they both look decent games but PES is more pick up and go arcade while fifa is more expect a lot of 0-0s style. Which I guess is more realistic.

As for those reviews don't fifa and pes on xbone have the same metacritic score?

As for "PES is better", FIFA might have stagnated since they got it spot on with FIFA14, but I played both demos and PES STILL plays like a load of robots with insta-changing jerky opposite direction moves. It just ignores momentum when it feels like it. FIFA is still comfortably the better game to play, irrespective of its annoying lack of existing player editing without unlocking.

PES was better until the 360/PS3 generation, then EA finally got it right with FIFA11 after years of crappy button bashers and spamming rebounds but that year BOTH games were garbage, and since then with the modifications to the physics engine have been comfortably ahead. Konami has never even moved PES into the last generation, never mind the current one. It's the exact same game as PES5 with better graphics and jerky animation and collision detection. The "running on rails" problem seems to be about even on both games now.

Edited by The9

As for "PES is better", FIFA might have stagnated since they got it spot on with FIFA14, but I played both demos and PES STILL plays like a load of robots with insta-changing jerky opposite direction moves. It just ignores momentum when it feels like it. FIFA is still comfortably the better game to play, irrespective of its annoying lack of existing player editing without unlocking.

PES was better until the 360/PS3 generation, then EA finally got it right with FIFA11 after years of crappy button bashers and spamming rebounds but that year BOTH games were garbage, and since then with the modifications to the physics engine have been comfortably ahead. Konami has never even moved PES into the last generation, never mind the current one. It's the exact same game as PES5 with better graphics and jerky animation and collision detection. The "running on rails" problem seems to be about even on both games now.

I'd have to agree with this! played Fifa 15 and PES 2015 on PS4 last year and quite honestly FIFA was a far superior, brought fifa 16 on xbox one and played the PES demo and again PES just felt old, it was like playing a PS2 game the physics and game engine are well below par.

I actually really like Fifa 16 so much better to play online than 15 games feel competitive and the game actually has a learning curve where alot of very good fifa players were having to learn how to play successfully! Its far more rewarding than previous versions

I can't understand a single negative comment about Fifa 16. It's physics feel so much better than Fifa 15, the graphics are better, its just all round a lot more realistic. The only thing that I still don't like are their crosses - but this has been bugging me for years. I'm playing as Crawley Town and trying to work my way up the leagues. Great fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have FIFA 15 and am debating whether or not to get 16 as there are some good deals on at the moment.

Is it worth upgrading or just transferring Clasie/VVD over on my 15 version?

It hasn't been worth upgrading more than every 3 years since the new engine in, what, 2011(?) unless you're one of those weird pretend football card FUT people.

It hasn't been worth upgrading more than every 3 years since the new engine in, what, 2011(?) unless you're one of those weird pretend football card FUT people.

Nope, I just play the seasons against the computer and the online leagues. Don't, and have no intention to, understand the card thingy - thought Pokemon cards went out of fashion years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never posted in Forum other 'The Saints' until now, but I am in a bit of a dilemma as to whether I should buy Pro Evo 16... I used to run all my games on the PC but as the likes of Fifa, Madden and Pro Evo all seem to either not bother with or offer a half-baked version to the PC, I've bought my first ever non-Nintendo console, which comes with Fifa 16.

The main reason I want Pro Evo is for the editing feature, although I've heard the passing game is much better than Fifa which also appeals. I had Pro Evo 2013 and was able to create a pretty accurate Southampton kit, with the aap3 sponsor, plus I was able to create my own team, import badges & faces so I could have myself and my friends on the game. That's the kind of thing I like, I find it much more enjoyable than playing Barcelona vs Real Madrid every game.

I've heard that Xbox One Pro Evo doesn't offer the ability to import images, so I'm wondering whether the Edit mode will be pointless or if it's still pretty functional? And I'm guessing that Fifa doesn't haven't an edit mode at all?

In addition, Pro Evo have Peter Drury as the commentator, and he is by far and away my most hated commentator. Am I going to be able to stand playing the game with his 'dulcet' tones?!