When will Southampton win the Champions League?

Redslo

Ah, you've gone for the exact date when Satan buys himself a pair of thermal underwear!

I know the thread is tongue in cheek and inspired by other madness in another thread, but is the real point of it to serve as a troll magnet to get them all into one place before we drop the troll nuke? ;)

Ah, you've gone for the exact date when Satan buys himself a pair of thermal underwear!

I know the thread is tongue in cheek and inspired by other madness in another thread, but is the real point of it to serve as a troll magnet to get them all into one place before we drop the troll nuke? ;)

True. But our chance of winning the CL is not actually 0 so if we do this will give someone the chance to claim they are a genius. Hopefully, me in 2034.

Or maybe Southampton will win it in 2083 after its original home city of Southampton, England has been flooded out of existence by global warming and the club has resettled in the new coastal port of Southampton, Pennsylvania.

Never. If FFP wasn't enough to keep most of Europe out of the competition I'm sure another rule will be introduced to maintain the status quo. It'll be - only 2% of revenue from academy sales or must have spent more than 20m on one player to be allowed in

Watching the final last Saturday it occurred to me just how far we are away from the quality needed to be anywhere near winning this trophy. Qualifying is one thing and we may well do that soonish, but we are worlds away from being able to compete with the likes of Barcelona. Even Juventus looked well beyond us. We will never have the cash to bring in the quality of squad needed to compete at the highest level. Perhaps I am just having an Alpine moment, but maybe Europa is the best we can hope for?

Watching the final last Saturday it occurred to me just how far we are away from the quality needed to be anywhere near winning this trophy. Qualifying is one thing and we may well do that soonish, but we are worlds away from being able to compete with the likes of Barcelona. Even Juventus looked well beyond us. We will never have the cash to bring in the quality of squad needed to compete at the highest level. Perhaps I am just having an Alpine moment, but maybe Europa is the best we can hope for?

That looks familiar to me Hutch! ;)

True. But our chance of winning the CL is not actually 0 so if we do this will give someone the chance to claim they are a genius. Hopefully, me in 2034.

Or maybe Southampton will win it in 2083 after its original home city of Southampton, England has been flooded out of existence by global warming and the club has resettled in the new coastal port of Southampton, Pennsylvania.

If there's flooding due to rising tides, how exactly does a causeway open linking Pennsylvania to the European mainland?

Or is this one of those "Israel is in UEFA" things?

Ok, thanks for the clarity.... ;)

Liverpool

Spurs

Fiorentina

Dnipro

Villareal

Schalke

Napoli

Marseille

Besiktas

Bilboa

Borrussia Dortmund

throw in 3rd place CL sides.

going to eastern europe/Moscow would be incredibly difficult too

Liverpool

Spurs

Fiorentina

Dnipro

Villareal

Schalke

Napoli

Marseille

Besiktas

Bilboa

Borrussia Dortmund

throw in 3rd place CL sides.

going to eastern europe/Moscow would be incredibly difficult too

Personally I don't think the first two are "significantly" better than us.

Personally I don't think the first two are "significantly" better than us.

if not significantly, they are still better than us.

they have far more experience and better squads to cope with injuries, rotation and europa league games/premier league mish-mash