CONFIRMED: Cédric to Saints on four-year deal

JxgrSaint

Sounds very close. Would think it also brings to a close Clyne's time at Saints as Krueger has been clear we won't spend loads this summer and an Intl RB who has played in the Champions League surely doesn't sign for €7m and only play bit part.

I agree. Clyne wont be staying if this chap signs. Clyne STILL has not signed a new deal when he has had ample time to do so

Naughty fonte...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ojogo.pt%2FFutebol%2F1a_liga%2FSporting%2Finterior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D4622882%26utm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3DMasfutbolero&edit-text=&act=url

"I would like to have as Cédric teammate in Southampton. It is a great player and the club needs him level athletes," he said after the meeting in Portugal with Armenia in qualifying for the European 2016.

Naughty fonte...

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ojogo.pt%2FFutebol%2F1a_liga%2FSporting%2Finterior.aspx%3Fcontent_id%3D4622882%26utm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter%26utm_campaign%3DMasfutbolero&edit-text=&act=url

"I would like to have as Cédric teammate in Southampton. It is a great player and the club needs him level athletes," he said after the meeting in Portugal with Armenia in qualifying for the European 2016.

Imagine the uproar on this site if Jordan Henderson said similar about Clyne joining Liverpool.

Imagine the uproar on this site if Jordan Henderson said similar about Clyne joining Liverpool.

Yep imagine it, but then as football fans we're all hypocritical so who cares, when we do it, fair play, if anyone does it to us then they're bastards and if it's anyone to do with spurs or liverpool then they need ****ing shooting lol

Mixed emotions on this. I'd like to think we are a well run friendly club who uphold the spirit of the game in all its facets.

However, the higher we climb the more I'm convinced we have to be ruthless and 'play the game' just like the 'big ones' - to coin a Koemanism.

A fine line needs treading for sure.

Naughty fonte...

Do u think he hasnt then! Or gerrard etc never buttered up lallana/lovren. It s about time we adopted the same stance!

He hasn't in the press.

If you google him Cedric has been linked to all kinds of clubs since 2012. He has given interviews where he talks about his excitement at potentially playing in Germany or the PL, but its never happened. I know there are rumours about all players, but for it to happen so consistently for three years and still nothing seems a little bit odd.

That'd be a decent, well priced start to the window.

Though fans of other clubs will be all like "who?"

To quote a plastic Scouse from our factory floor.

"How the f**k can Saints find all these players when we keep paying over the odds?"

I like the assumption that because we are buying them they will be good.

Ok fair enough. I've come on here and shared what little info I've been given and all I've got in return is people second guessing me. I never claimed to be itk. All I said was a friend of mine has a link to a player.

I'll not post anymore now.

Ok fair enough. I've come on here and shared what little info I've been given and all I've got in return is people second guessing me. I never claimed to be itk. All I said was a friend of mine has a link to a player.

Textbook SWF transfer window amateur-ITK strop-off.

Why would you want to be on any other forum with gold like this on offer?

I think part of the problem is that no one remembers your claimed source after the first time you post it. You almost have to link that post every time.

So, getting back on topic, any news on Cedric incoming? Or anyone else hovering and about to land?

Didnt you know your not allowed to post news or info unless its on the Official OS site - if you do you'll be hounded off the site

Some comments:

MarcVerdão

6/17/2015 10:57

If is a bad deal. I don't believe that the President let out an international for this value, even just taking a one-year contract. I only see three choices, a) renews and JJ puts the play even more and values; b) renews and does not play a year; c) Sold but not for 5 m. SL

pmiguel23

6/17/2015 10:52

5 million for a player who has been called regularly to selection and has huge margin of progression? They're still a lot greener!

Some comments:

MarcVerdão

6/17/2015 10:57

If is a bad deal. I don't believe that the President let out an international for this value, even just taking a one-year contract. I only see three choices, a) renews and JJ puts the play even more and values; b) renews and does not play a year; c) Sold but not for 5 m. SL

pmiguel23

6/17/2015 10:52

5 million for a player who has been called regularly to selection and has huge margin of progression? They're still a lot greener!

Excellent. If their fans think its a bad deal it should be good one for us.