Players most likely to leave - Sky article

Shroppie

It's a list compiled by statisticians

Blimey Leyton Orient have some good players wanting to leave.

Giving Statisticians a bad name...

A Physicist, a Biologist, and a Statistician see two people enter a house, and then after some time, they see three people leave the house.

The Physicist concludes, "My initial observation must have been incorrect." The Biologist concludes, "Clearly, the two reproduced..." The Statistician concludes, "Well, if one more person enters the house, then there will be no-one in the house!"

As far as Schneiderlin, reading the tea leaves, his odds of him leaving get less and less with each passing day.

01) The pool of teams which meets his apparent criteria to leave is very small.

-------a. he wants to play Champions League

-------b. he wants to stay in England (English girlfriend apparently)

so, that leaves Chelsea, City, United, and Arsenal.

02) Of those 4 teams that have shown interest, Arsenal has choked on the price and ManU, while certainly can afford the price, seem to have their pick of the football player litter. Maybe Schneiderlin fits into their plans, maybe he doesn't.

I suppose if Champions League is that important he can widen his options beyond England, which certainly might happen.

if he/we can't find a proper suitor this summer, the question becomes: a) would he sign a new contract here and are we willing to pay much higher wages or b) play one more year, and then we get nothing for him next summer when he leaves.

I tend to believe b) would happen if he doesn't transfer this summer.

As far as Schneiderlin, reading the tea leaves, his odds of him leaving get less and less with each passing day.

01) The pool of teams which meets his apparent criteria to leave is very small.

-------a. he wants to play Champions League

-------b. he wants to stay in England (English girlfriend apparently)

so, that leaves Chelsea, City, United, and Arsenal.

02) Of those 4 teams that have shown interest, Arsenal has choked on the price and ManU, while certainly can afford the price, seem to have their pick of the football player litter. Maybe Schneiderlin fits into their plans, maybe he doesn't.

I suppose if Champions League is that important he can widen his options beyond England, which certainly might happen.

if he/we can't find a proper suitor this summer, the question becomes: a) would he sign a new contract here and are we willing to pay much higher wages or b) play one more year, and then we get nothing for him next summer when he leaves.

I tend to believe b) would happen if he doesn't transfer this summer.

He's got 2 years left on his current deal, so next summer he'll be in the same situation as Clyne is now - so maybe we'll get a bit less, but he wouldn't go for free.

Really? £11m for an international striker who scored 12 goals in his first season in the Prem?

I would like to see somebody prise Mirallas away from Everton for £5m.

You're not going to get more than £11m for a 30/31 year old striker of Pelle's standard. That would be a pretty amazing figure tbh.

He's got 2 years left on his current deal, so next summer he'll be in the same situation as Clyne is now - so maybe we'll get a bit less, but he wouldn't go for free.
ah, thanks.. I was mistaken, I thought he had a year left. So the club is in a better position than I thought.

ah, thanks.. I was mistaken, I thought he had a year left. So the club is in a better position than I thought.

Yeah, the club certainly holds more power with him than it does with Clyne, so we will get exactly what we want I think. (If he goes, which still doesn't seem certain)

ManU, while certainly can afford the price, seem to have their pick of the football player litter. Maybe Schneiderlin fits into their plans, maybe he doesn't.
Guess he does fit into their plans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/morgan-schneiderlin-to-manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-makes-southampton-midfielder-his-top-transfer-target-this-summer-10315444.html

pros: they'll pay top dollar

cons: he leaves