BT SPORT next season's coverage

Ken Tone

Has anyone got the details on this?

At the moment I get BT sport 'free' as part of my BT internet package. But now they're saying I will need to pay £5 a month to get Champions league and Europa league, or opt out to "BT sport lite" . Ordinarily I'd say stuff it, but sod's law, here we are with Saints in the Europa league.

Is there any detail that says they will show all our games?

I would be pretty confident to assume that they'd show every game of the England contingent in Europe. They will have a red button service for the EL as well as the CL, so you can choose matches (apparently).

BT Sport will show every match live from the 2015/2016 UEFA Europa League including the 2016 UEFA Europa League Final live on TV from St. Jakob-Park, Basel.

I would be pretty confident to assume that they'd show every game of the England contingent in Europe. They will have a red button service for the EL as well as the CL, so you can choose matches (apparently).

Thanks. Tough decision. I resent being forced to pay for something they led us into for free, and couldn't give give a bugger about the champions league. --- but do want to watch our games!

Thanks. Tough decision. I resent being forced to pay for something they led us into for free, and couldn't give give a bugger about the champions league. --- but do want to watch our games!

TBF I do still think £5 is decent value. At least we won't have to put up with horrific ITV punditry and commentary, and general broadcasting incompetence. (Although you will have to grin and bear Owen...).

I think they'll make a big deal out of the EL for a start, which has often been pushed onto ITV4 or even Channel 5 in the past.

Well if you are a Sky customer and don't have BT broadband they want 13.50 a month so they can shove that up their ass.

They have however stated that every Englush team in the Champions League and Europa Cup will be shown, for free, at least once.

I hope that's an away game for us then :)

BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.

BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.

BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.

BT also announced it will be launching a new Ultra HD channel in August, giving fans an outstanding viewing experience on BT Sport.

Hmm, no Euro channel on Virgin yet, but they have rebranded ESPN to BTS ESPN since the last time I looked, and Premier Sport now seems to be included in my bundle (which I haven't changed).

EDIT: Ah, August 1st.

Edited by The9

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33062532

You'll get one of our games for free, maybe more if we're setting it alight!

That link says nothing of the sort. It says they will broadcast every CL and EL match (red button? multiplex?), and there will be a Showcase Channel showing some matches free, nothing guaranteeing Saints will be included.

THIS link, however, says every British team will be shown at least once.

Edited by The9

That is a fu ck load of football most of people will have no interest in whatsoever.

I can't even watch the 2nd Qualifying Round 2nd leg to find out who we'll be playing (assuming we don't draw an unseeded team direct to the 3rd Q round) as I'll be on my way to Rotterdam - who scheduled this?!

Hmm, no Euro channel on Virgin yet, but they have rebranded ESPN to BTS ESPN since the last time I looked, and Premier Sport now seems to be included in my bundle (which I haven't changed).

BT Sport still negotiating with Virgin. No answer on that one yet.

BT Sport still negotiating with Virgin. No answer on that one yet.

Not a surprise, they were the last provider to get BT Sport 1 and 2 when they launched that too, I think it turned up something like the day before the season started with a live match at 1215 on the Saturday.

TBF I do still think £5 is decent value. At least we won't have to put up with horrific ITV punditry and commentary, and general broadcasting incompetence. (Although you will have to grin and bear Owen...).

And even worse, Harry Redknapp will be one of the pundits... :scared:

As usual, the customer loses! As a Sky customer with BT Broadband, I'll now pay an extra £9 a month (£4 increase for Sky, £5 increase for BT Sport) and receive exactly the same as I am now. Bargain!

As usual, the customer loses! As a Sky customer with BT Broadband, I'll now pay an extra £9 a month (£4 increase for Sky, £5 increase for BT Sport) and receive exactly the same as I am now. Bargain!

I have BT infinity and it was all free last season for BT sports

I won't be paying anything extra if they charge infinity customers. I am considering getting rid of sky sports anyway. With the quality of sportsmania. Just waiting for that to be shutdown though

Edited by Batman

Well if you are a Sky customer and don't have BT broadband they want 13.50 a month so they can shove that up their ass.

They have however stated that every Englush team in the Champions League and Europa Cup will be shown, for free, at least once.

I hope that's an away game for us then :)

Presumably that's the non-HD price (?). Probably about £20 a month in HD.

BT has revealed that all 351 matches from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League next season will be free for customers who take BT TV.

BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.

BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.

BT also announced it will be launching a new Ultra HD channel in August, giving fans an outstanding viewing experience on BT Sport.

This Ultra HD. Looks really great, but is it likely to take off like HD did or is it just going to be another failure like 3D?

Sorry if off-topic.

I can't even watch the 2nd Qualifying Round 2nd leg to find out who we'll be playing (assuming we don't draw an unseeded team direct to the 3rd Q round) as I'll be on my way to Rotterdam - who scheduled this?!

I plan to be wandering into Pubs on random Thursdays and asking at the bar "You showing the Elfsborg v Legia Warsaw game, mate?"

Possibly while wearing a yellow and black Elfsborg jesters hat.

oh yeah, that's the other kick in the nuts, you pay more for HD !

I'll probably just watch the BT Sport stuff on Offside Streams, but like The9, I'm hoping to be at most of our Europa League games, and it would have been nice to be able to record them, which isn't really an option on the streaming sites!!!

So if I currently have BT broadband (I can't get infinity) and BT You view TV, will I be able to access any of the channels or will I still have to stream through the app (using Chromecast) like I currently do?

And will I have to pay extra - I think I'm already paying a fiver per month for the TV generally.

That link says nothing of the sort. It says they will broadcast every CL and EL match (red button? multiplex?), and there will be a Showcase Channel showing some matches free, nothing guaranteeing Saints will be included.

THIS link, however, says every British team will be shown at least once.

What unnecessary pedantry. But thanks for saving the other forum users from my accurate information with a link that confirmed what I'd said already.

Yeah, £35 activation fee, plus do you need a free view box? I don't have one and BT says I have to watch it using an aerial - is that right? EC was sposed to open up competition with footie - but the effect is to rip us off even more. £108 more for BT coverage for Europa/CL and £48 increase in Sky subs. Well done Brussels - you've just succeeded in fleecing us even more. I might just go down the local hostelry if we progress.

This Ultra HD. Looks really great, but is it likely to take off like HD did or is it just going to be another failure like 3D?

Sorry if off-topic.

Will 100% take off in a massive way. I've been working in Broadcast for the last 3 years and seen it's evolution, the picture is stunning, more realistic than 3D. It's 4x the definition of HD so allows you to sit closer to a TV or buy a **** off massive one. All major dramas in the last 3 years have been filed in 4K (UHD) and downgraded. Sony have done tests during the World Cup and Champions league final and football looks ****ing amazing in UHD! The only thing that has held it back is the fact it needs 4x the amount of data to be broadcast to a TV, now BT have this sewn up I'm going out and buying a monster 60" new TV and getting BT. It really is a big deal they are broadcasting in UHD, Sky will be gutted they got beaten to it!

Not a surprise, they were the last provider to get BT Sport 1 and 2 when they launched that too, I think it turned up something like the day before the season started with a live match at 1215 on the Saturday.

Yes, I'm with Virgin too. I guess we'll have to wait until the last moment to find out if they have concluded a deal, and at what price to customers.

Was getting BT sport for free. Just phoned up to enquire if that will remain the case.

Was told I would be charged £5 a month soon. After said I would like to cancel, got loads of spiel asking who I supported and that why wouldn't I want to watch 'excellent' coverage on BT sport with their 'star studded team of presenters'

Just said I already pay X amount for broadband and a phone line. No thanks.

Was getting BT sport for free. Just phoned up to enquire if that will remain the case.

Was told I would be charged £5 a month soon. After said I would like to cancel, got loads of spiel asking who I supported and that why wouldn't I want to watch 'excellent' coverage on BT sport with their 'star studded team of presenters'

Just said I already pay X amount for broadband and a phone line. No thanks.

Well done. The only way to stop these ripoffs is a boycott. I'm with Virgin and I pay too much for that already.

Just got an email from BT saying that I'll automatically be charged an extra £5 per month and have to opt out of I want, rather than opt in. Bit cheeky, innit?

I'm guessing there must be some small print that allows them to do this. I don't recall seeing a "by the way, we may start charging you for this service without subsequent consent" clause when I first signed up under my pre-existing BT broadband contract but it must've been stated somewhere otherwise they'd be breaking consumer law.

*trots off to read small print*

It's only a fiver but i hate how you have to opt OUT if you want BT Sport Lite, and that if you do you start a new 12 month broadband package (allegedly from those who have tried to opt out). You have to ditch all sport if you want to keep the current contract date.

Yes, I'm with Virgin too. I guess we'll have to wait until the last moment to find out if they have concluded a deal, and at what price to customers.

Same for me. Make an announcement ffs! :)