Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

No Van Dijk in the Celtic squad tonight.

I assume you can't play for 2 different teams in European competitions?

He can play for us in the group stage even if he plays for them in the qualifying stages.

Here is the official rule:

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions

League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one

club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has

been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the

UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA

Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group

stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a player can be registered in

accordance with Paragraph 44.01 to Paragraph 44.04. A substitute player who has

not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA

Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season,

provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with

the present regulations.

I think he just noticed £49m in the bank.
Do QPR get 20% of the Sterling fee? That's £9.8m, leaving Liverpool with £39.2m, less Benteke fee of £32.5m they now have £6.7m of the Sterling money left.

Such a waste, can buy 3 very good players with that money but as per normal Brendan is lazy and throwing money around at so called big name players instead of looking for hidden gems.

Do QPR get 20% of the Sterling fee? That's £9.8m, leaving Liverpool with £39.2m, less Benteke fee of £32.5m they now have £6.7m of the Sterling money left.

Such a waste, can buy 3 very good players with that money but as per normal Brendan is lazy and throwing money around at so called big name players instead of looking for hidden gems.

Yup QPR due 20%. Liverpool seen overly keen to spend all that they get in.

DELPH TO CITY BACK ON?

A week ago Fabian Delph said he was not leaving Aston Villa to join Manchester City, but could the move be back on?

There is a picture doing the rounds on social media apparently of Delph going for a medical and Manchester Evening News reporter James Robson has just tweeted: "Confirmed City move for Delph is back on".

We will keep you updated with this story when we hear more, but here's what Delph said last week: "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the Premier League season."

I read / saw that its £44m up front with the rest as add-ons, so does that mean QPR get 20% of £44m (8.8) leaving Liverpool with just £2.7m?!!! Straight swap really......

DELPH TO CITY BACK ON?

A week ago Fabian Delph said he was not leaving Aston Villa to join Manchester City, but could the move be back on?

There is a picture doing the rounds on social media apparently of Delph going for a medical and Manchester Evening News reporter James Robson has just tweeted: "Confirmed City move for Delph is back on".

We will keep you updated with this story when we hear more, but here's what Delph said last week: "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the Premier League season."

Wonder if he has the same PR advisors as Lallana...

Arsenal

Petr Cech - £10m

Aston Villa

Micah Richards - Free

Scott Sinclair - Undisclosed

Mark Bunn - Free

Idrissa Gueye - Undisclosed

Bournemouth

Artur Boruc - Free

Adam Federici - Free

Joshua King - Free

Christian Atsu - Loan

Tyrone Mings - Undisclosed

Sylvian Distin - Free

Filippo Costa - Loan

Chelsea

Nathan - Undisclosed

Radamel Falcao - Loan

Asmir Begovic - £8m

Crystal Palace

Yohan Cabaye - £10m

Everton

Tom Cleverly - Free

Gerard Deulofeu - £4.3m

Leicster

Christian Fuchs - Free

Robert Huth - Undisclosed

Shinji Okazaki - Undisclosed (Work Permit Permitting)

Liverpool

James Milner - Free

Danny Ings - Tribunal

Adam Bogdan - Free

Joe Gomes - £3.5m

Roberto Firmino - £29m

Nathaniel Clyne - £12.5m

Man City

Enes Unal - Undisclosed

Raheem Sterling - £49m

Man Utd

Memphis Depay - £31m

Matteo Darmian - £12.7m (rumoured)

Bastian Schweinsteiger - £14.4m

Morgan Schneiderlin - £25m

Newcastle

Georginio Wijnaldum - £14.5m

Norwich

Youssouf Mulumbu - Free

Southampton

Juamni - £5m

Cedric Soares - £4.7m

Maarten Stekelenburg - Loan

Cuco Martina - £1m (rumoured)

Jordy Claise - £8m (ish)

Stoke

Phillipp Wollschied - Undisclosed

Jakob Haugaard - Undisclosed

Joselu - £5.75m

Marko van Ginkel - Loan

Shay Given - Free

Glenn Johnson - Free

Moha El Ouriachi - Undisclosed

Sunderland

Sebastian Coates - Undisclosed

Jeremain Lens - £8m

Younes Kaboul - Undisclosed

Swansea

Andre Ayew - Free

Franck Tabanou - Undisclosed

Kristoffer Nordfeldt - Undisclosed

Eder - Undisclosed

Ollie McBurnie - Undisclosed

Tottenham

Kevin Wimmer - Undisclosed

Kieran Trippier - £3.5m (rumoured)

Toby Alderwield - Undisclosed

Watford

Sebastian Prodl - Free

Giedrius Arlauskis - Free

Matej Vydra - Undisclosed

Jose Holebas - £1.8m

Etienne Capoue - Undisclosed

Valon Behrami - Undisclosed

Allan Nyom - Undisclosed

West Brom

James McClean - £1.5m

West Ham

Darren Randolph - Free

Pedro Obiang - Undisclosed

Dimitri Payet - Undisclosed

Angelo Ogbonna - £10m (rumoured)

Carl Jenkinson - Loan

Edited by Twiggy

I read / saw that its £44m up front with the rest as add-ons, so does that mean QPR get 20% of £44m (8.8) leaving Liverpool with just £2.7m?!!! Straight swap really......

Apparently Sterling gets a £9m loyalty bonus too (which definitely needs renaming).

Fans often wrongly describe their club as a laughing stock when players leave, I think in Villas case after Delph publically committing last week only to move today it is probably justified!

I'd hate to be a villa fan, how embarrassing!

Delphs move must be linked to Benteke leaving, he must feel or even know they're lacking ambition, probably reluctant to reinvest that money! I think a takeover fell through earlier in the week too.

That's a proper meltdown

Hole.Dug

Delph said: "Leaving Aston Villa football club is the hardest decision I have ever had to make."I have had some amazing times and made great friends during my time at the club. I will always be thankful to them for giving me the opportunity to play in the Premier League.

"As has been widely reported, I initially turned down the opportunity to join Manchester City. That decision was purely down to the love I have for Aston Villa and their great supporters.

"When I was made captain of Villa it was a huge honour for me and I took the responsibility incredibly seriously. I signed a new contract last season with the view of staying at the club for the duration of the deal and never with the intention of leaving a year later.

"My decision to stay initially was purely based on the emotion and feelings that I hold for the club and the people there rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me.

"I have been immensely proud to captain such a great club and want to thank everyone at Aston Villa - most importantly the fans - for the amazing support they have shown me during my time there.

"I am now excited for the future with Manchester City and helping the club to succeed in the coming season and beyond."

Delph said;

""My decision to stay initially was purely based on the emotion and feelings that I hold for the club and the people there rather than looking at the football opportunity that had been placed in front of me."

What opportunity was that then? Sitting on the bench with your pockets stuffed with cash?