Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

The variation in the number of games Saints could play this season is huge. It could be in the early 40's or close to 70.

A 20 goal striker who played 40 games has a lot better record than one played in 60+ games. A "20 goal striker" sounds good, but you need context on it which is why generally it is only used as a term for league games. Plus you then have the variation in standard of opponent, which is less if you only look at league games.

A twenty goal striker is a 20 goal striker no matter where the goals come imo!

A twenty goal striker is a 20 goal striker no matter where the goals come imo!

Wow so that's every poster except one who agrees with the new definition. Just the one poster lagging behind with his outdated and incorrect assumptions.

Edited by hypochondriac

Last season only 4 players scored 15 or more Premier League goals...

Aguero

Kane

Austin

Sanchez

15+ Premier League strikers are rare.

Wrong, Costa makes 5. Scored 20 in the PL and 1 in the Cup.

The two previous seasons there were 10, many years there have been at least 7 or 8, 2004/5 only Henry and Andy Johnson.

Wrong, Costa makes 5. Scored 20 in the PL and 1 in the Cup.

The two previous seasons there were 10, many years there have been at least 7 or 8, 2004/5 only Henry and Andy Johnson.

The general point still stands that the number is low, its hard to see Wickham getting to such levels.

ALBION CLOSE ON MARSHALL

West Brom close to agreeing a deal with Cardiff City for Scotland international goalkeeper David Marshall, according to Sky sources.

We understand a the deal with cost the Premier League side between £4million and £5million.

^ Former Saints target.

Indeed, which is why Mane, IMO is a ridiculously good each way (1/4 odds in top 4) bet for Premier League top scorer at 100-1. He could get 15 goals f'sure.

That bet was just too tempting for me - if you do it £10 e/w with Paddy Power, you currently get a free £2 bet each time he scores as well.

Adam Blackmore on Twitter: #saintsfc Koeman hoping to add to squad before #EPL opener at #nufc next Sunday - his thoughts on Caulker & Rodriguez to come @solentsport

I'd have hoped that with only three senior centre backs at the club, and one of them very much a developmental punt, that we are confident of signing a priority centre-back target soon.

PALACE SIGN WICKHAM

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Connor Wickham from Sunderland on a five-year deal.

I think Wickham could be a half-decent signing for them if he can stay fit. I would imagine he is the Glenn Murray (31) replacement, but he'll do well to replicate his effectiveness and strike rate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-tottenham-told-name-6187792

This, given that they sold Bertrand to us in January, would be a little bizarre. Also love it that they go with MP saying he is the best left back in the league as if that makes it a fact. Rose did have a better season last season, but the one before that he was awful.

Are B'mouth going to field anyone who came up with them? It's sad that.

Of the 14 players used in the last nPC game, we had the following play for us the next season: Lambert, Lollana, Morgan, Guly, Fox, Hooivled, Fonte, K Davis, Cork, Puncheon, Sharp

Of those, the following started the 1st PL game vs Man City Davis, Fox, Hooiveld, Fonte, Morgan, Lollana, Punch, Guly, with Lambert and Sharp coming on as subs.

Edited by angelman

ROMA AGREE DZEKO FEE

Sky sources: Roma have agreed a £14million fee with Manchester City for striker Edin Dzeko.

^ I'm assuming City are signing a striker after selling him & Jovetic?

They have aguero and bony- i think theyll buy one more- in the 15-20m region i reckon.

Of the 14 players used in the last nPC game, we had the following play for us the next season: Lambert, Lollana, Morgan, Guly, Fox, Hooivled, Fonte, K Davis, Cork, Puncheon, Sharp

Of those, the following started the 1st PL game vs Man City Davis, Fox, Hooiveld, Fonte, Morgan, Lollana, Punch, Guly, with Lambert and Sharp coming on as subs.

Watford are the ones you need to ask that question of.

I believe they've signed 12 or 13 new players. All foreigners from all over the world. Mixed reputations and an almighty gamble.

Watford are the ones you need to ask that question of.

I believe they've signed 12 or 13 new players. All foreigners from all over the world. Mixed reputations and an almighty gamble.

I thought they would do well. but signing that many players is just daft

Think they've signed 7 currently which is on par with what we signed when we came up. Although they may sign more, of course.

I thought they would do well. but signing that many players is just daft

I'm expecting lots of fun & games from Watford this season.

ROMA AGREE DZEKO FEE

Sky sources: Roma have agreed a £14million fee with Manchester City for striker Edin Dzeko.

^ I'm assuming City are signing a striker after selling him & Jovetic?

Bargain fee but presumably there are some hefty wages invovled.

As for Traore, it would be a bit of a strange signing for Liverpool given they presumably only have space for three or, at a push, four of the following in the team at any one time:

Sturridge

Benteke

Coutinho

Firmino

Lallana

Balloteli (lolz)

Borini (lolz)

Markovic (assuming they don't want to convert him to a permanent wing-back. lolz)

Ibe (assuming he is viewed as an offensive player rather than Clyne's understudy)

I can see Traore being the kind of player Koeman would like in the squad. He's similar to Elia in the sense that he's a touchline-hugging winger, would fit a 4-3-3 happily and he's fast (although he plays on the right, normally, not the left).