Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Looks like Jose's tactics worked, and he's got more $$$$ to play with.

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

SUPERBOOM! Chelsea have offered 120m€ to Juventus for Pogba!Juve not keen to sell, but understand they won't get more

7:27 PM - 21 Aug 2015

or the counter-story...

POGBA STAYING AT JUVE

Paul Pogba will not be leaving Juventus this summer, according to Sky Italia.

The much-sought-after midfielder has been linked with a number of top European clubs but it is thought he will stay in Turin for at least another season after Arturo Vidal’s departure.

I love the last week of the transfer window...:uhoh:

Strange really, because I just thought it was unambitious clueless clubs run by dithering idiots pussy-footing around that signed players at the end of the transfer window. It seems a bit like every single fu cking club is doing it. It's a puzzler, that's for sure.

Edited by CB Fry

No, it's not my money....

The point is, we overpaid for him; it seemed an unusual signing, a panic buy. Hull signed him for something like £7m 6 months before we gave them £12m!

I think the club said that we had tried to sign him before, whether that is true or not who knows, but that would suggest it wasn't a panic signing, but the price certainly was. Very average player. There are so many of them in the premiership.

Those saying it isn't their money so why worry, we'll that extra £4m spent could have gone towards another player, maybe a star youngster or two, or perhaps even offering fans extremely cheap season tickets or subsidised away tickets, so that's why fans are interested in transfer fees and potentially wasted transfer money.

Kevin De Bruyne to City is looking likely for between £50m-£55m, which would take their summer spending to around £153m, according to The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/21/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city

That financial fair play is really levelling out the playing field then. This season is going to prove a case study in why FFP is the most scandalous of red herrings ever introduced to club football. It's been like a government making noises about increasing social mobility to placate the masses whilst knowing all along that the actual theory of their policy will merely enhance the power of the elite and maintain the status quo. This is George Orwell s**t and I don't like it! Rant over.

Kevin De Bruyne to City is looking likely for between £50m-£55m, which would take their summer spending to around £153m, according to The Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/21/kevin-de-bruyne-manchester-city

Who exactly is head scout at Man City? Have they actually signed anyone that has been value for money and or improved them since Aguero in 2011?

That financial fair play is really levelling out the playing field then. This season is going to prove a case study in why FFP is the most scandalous of red herrings ever introduced to club football. It's been like a government making noises about increasing social mobility to placate the masses whilst knowing all along that the actual theory of their policy will merely enhance the power of the elite and maintain the status quo. This is George Orwell s**t and I don't like it! Rant over.

I thought FFP had been officially relaxed or in other words stopped?

I thought FFP had been officially relaxed or in other words stopped?

Platini went on to say that the measures were supported by the majority of football club owners, and that an independent panel would be set up to judge whether clubs had broken the rules.[4]Although the intentions of encouraging greater financial caution in football have been well-received, FFP has been criticised as illegal by limiting the*internal market, failing to reduce football club debt and protecting the status quo.[5][6][7]*In 2015, UEFA announced FFP would be "eased" in response to a number of lawsuits which are currently ongoing in courts.[8]

Has been "eased". I guess you're right-with that level of net spend from City it must have disappeared from the radar. The theory of it was exactly what was needed to maintain long term interest in the game. Too many loopholes to offset spend through sponsorship and the fact UEFA have less power than any of the individual clubs it is trying to reign in have done for it I should imagine. Certainly hasn't done much for Saints!

When Shane long costs £12m...........

This Long £12m...answer me one question - as the club stated that they wanted someone with PL experience (and yes, I agree with them that it was important), which PL striker apart from Long would you have liked Saints to have signed, which also includes the ones we could actually sign? And while one is at it, might as well look at what Hull did with the money they got - their replacement was even more expensive if you consider Long's 4 year contract to Hernandez's 3 year one. Things changed in the transfer market, and Long was one of the ones at the beginning along with the likes of Ross McCormack. Look at Britstol City this year offering £9m for a Championship player.

Two things I wondered from this window

1) never mind les being busy how do United get the time do be in talks with Ronaldo (linked for moths with a return home) bale Pedro, neymar, Ramos, mane, muller and everyone else they are and have been linked with?

2) is the Barcelona fan board in meltdown as Utd have been said to be in talks to sign neymar?

QPR apparently confident of holding on to Austin now. Am surprised no one's been willing to get him considering how hard it is to find goal scorers at this level.

I honestly think there must be something with him, maybe his knees are dodgy, otherwise he would of been transferred by now surely!

Or wages ofc...

ALEX NEIL CONFIRMS GRABBAN BIDS

Norwich manager Alex Neil confirmed the club have rejected bids from Bournemouth for striker Lewis Grabban.

Speaking ahead of the Tuesday’s Capital One cup tie with Rotherham, the Canaries boss said: ““Yes, we’ve had a few bids for Lewis but they have been rejected.

“I’ve not had to sit him down and reassure him. Lewis is a clever boy and he can see how much he has featured under me since I have been here and he is a big part of our plans.

“I certainly won’t be giving players to direct rivals. That is the bottom line. He has been a big part of things since I have been here.”

CHERRIES JET OFF FOR DE GUZMAN TALKS

We understand representatives from Bournemouth are flying to Naples right now for talks this afternoon over the signing of Napoli midfielder Jonathan De Guzman.

The 27-year-old has previous Premier League experience having spent two seasons on loan at Swansea City between 2012 and 2014.

It's understood he has a buyout clause around £4.4million although it's not yet clear whether the deal will be a permanent or loan agreement.

CHERRIES JET OFF FOR DE GUZMAN TALKS

We understand representatives from Bournemouth are flying to Naples right now for talks this afternoon over the signing of Napoli midfielder Jonathan De Guzman.

The 27-year-old has previous Premier League experience having spent two seasons on loan at Swansea City between 2012 and 2014.

It's understood he has a buyout clause around £4.4million although it's not yet clear whether the deal will be a permanent or loan agreement.

Bournemouth have signed a couple of quality players now in Gradel and this guy if he comes in. Impressive for Swansea at SMS and at that price, would be a bargain if the wages aren't too steep. Would be ideal for Saints but just VVD coming in and targeting staying up it appears.

Don't think he is - There's been a fair bit of speculation that the new contract QPR want to offer him is worth 60k a week.

maybe his previous contract was £75k a wee in the Prem but then reduced (maybe in half) with relegation, so the new contract would increase what he is on now, but still be less than what he got in Prem? I'm just guessing here of course.

VILLA OPEN LJAJIC TALKS

Aston Villa have opened negotiations with Roma over the signing of attacking midfielder Adem Ljajic, according to Sky Italia.

Our colleagues in Italy understand the Giallorossi would be willing to let the Serbia international leave, and that a deal could be finalised soon.

Roma director of football Walter Sabatini is reportedly in England for negotiations.

Ljajic was close to joining Manchester United in 2009 when he was at Partizan Belgrade but United pulled out of the move and the 23-year-old left for Fiorentina a year later.

He then signed for Roma in 2013 for £8m but it now looks like he will be on the move again and Villa are front-runners in the race to seal his signature.

Quite enjoying West Brom making everything public and playing the whole transfer out as they are. It's interesting. Either WBA keep showing Spurs up with their offers and subsequent rejections, before getting the money they want, or, they stand firm very publicly. Wonder how it'll pan out... (I still think they will sell when they get to £25m)

Quite enjoying West Brom making everything public and playing the whole transfer out as they are. It's interesting. Either WBA keep showing Spurs up with their offers and subsequent rejections, before getting the money they want, or, they stand firm very publicly. Wonder how it'll pan out... (I still think they will sell when they get to £25m)

It's fun to see but in my opinion it doesn't reflect too well on them. What happens when they do sell him? It'll make these statements seem silly. I think it would be better just to remain silent as the press speculate regardless of how transparent you are.

Nice to see the Spurs fanbase once again pushing Liverpool for the 'most deluded in football' award!

£25m for Berahino is just, wtf. I know it's English premium and all that, but Pedro....a world cup, European championships, la liga, champions league and copa del rey winner - £20m.

Baffled.

It's quite obvious to me. Berahino is young English and loads of potential plus spurs are desperate to buy. Pedro wasn't a key player at barca because they have a team of stars, is older and isn't English. 25 million seems about right considering what we got for Adam.

Can someone explain what the point of handing in a transfer request is (apart from kissing good bye to loyalty bonuses)?

You've mentioned the key one... lack of loyalty bonus. It increases the amount of money the selling club get and so a transfer offer becomes more attractive to them compared to giving away some of it as a loyalty bonus.

For example which is more attractive to Everton to convince them to sell...?

a) Stones makes no transfer request, Chelsea bid £30m and Everton have to give Stone £2m in loyalty bonuses leaving them with £28m.

b) Stones makes a transfer request, Chelsea bid £30m, Everton keep £30m.

(for sake of this example I'm ignoring money owed to Barnsley)

Plus it acts as official confirmation the player is unhappy and wants to leave.

Edited by Matthew Le God