Sotonians.com

OldNick

As this site is pretty slow and less and less people contributing i have been looking in on the Splinter Groups site, Sotonians.

It seems to be a another good forum. Looks a very similar format to this forum with different areas to look at,depending what mood you are in.

It is sad that those contributors are not still here lightening up this one, no doubt in time it will develop the same spats as on here.

Hopefully they will still contribute here as well. Iam quite sure when any real action happens to debate regarding the Saints, here will be the first port of call for the majority.

The irony is for me that the site is called Sotonians but most dont live in Southampton, whats the old 2 Ronnies joke about the Welsh Boomerang, 'it doesnt return but just sings about returning.'

Good luck to them, and i hope it works but not at the expense of its big brother.

Looking at it, they seem to have developed quite slowly since the papnishment.

It seems more like a vanity project for Brum-boy Brian than anything else, and it's way too friendly and cliquey. They have no edge. I saw CB Fry posted over there under a light disguise and was effectively driven out after he embarrassed youknowho (a reminder of what usually happens with post-revolutionary forums). I know CB has gone a bit mainstream but without critical-snarky voices like his, plus the right-wing planks we have on here, it's never going to be that much fun.

As this site is pretty slow and less and less people contributing i have been looking in on the Splinter Groups site, Sotonians.

It seems to be a another good forum. Looks a very similar format to this forum with different areas to look at,depending what mood you are in.

It is sad that those contributors are not still here lightening up this one, no doubt in time it will develop the same spats as on here.

Hopefully they will still contribute here as well. Iam quite sure when any real action happens to debate regarding the Saints, here will be the first port of call for the majority.

The irony is for me that the site is called Sotonians but most dont live in Southampton, whats the old 2 Ronnies joke about the Welsh Boomerang, 'it doesnt return but just sings about returning.'

Good luck to them, and i hope it works but not at the expense of its big brother.

The two aren't remotely comparable. One site has been going for about a month and the biggest contributions they have had have come from the little group who meets before games and the likes of sadoldgit who ran off in a strop when he got ridiculed on here. Good luck if that's what they want to do but I'm happy enough with this place.

Edited by hypochondriac

Looking at it, they seem to have developed quite slowly since the papnishment.

It seems more like a vanity project for Brum-boy Brian than anything else, and it's way too friendly and cliquey. They have no edge. I saw CB Fry posted over there under a light disguise and was effectively driven out after he embarrassed youknowho (a reminder of what usually happens with post-revolutionary forums). I know CB has gone a bit mainstream but without critical-snarky voices like his, plus the right-wing planks we have on here, it's never going to be that much fun.

Did I miss Bearsy and Pap getting banned..Jeez I just have to stop going to work.

anything that weakens the debate on here is a backward step. personally I liked Bearsy a lot but it takes all types I suppose. CB Fry and others like to stir things but at least they do make the place lively at times. Sterile sites become very dull. Anyway I will view both sites and add my pennyworth now and again on here

anything that weakens the debate on here is a backward step. personally I liked Bearsy a lot but it takes all types I suppose. CB Fry and others like to stir things but at least they do make the place lively at times. Sterile sites become very dull. Anyway I will view both sites and add my pennyworth now and again on here

I don't think it's the case that losing a few people has made the site sterile or that there is no debate. It's certainly not anything that you can judge after a couple of weeks. Mostly it's meant that the muppet show is quieter and that there have been less arguments and flare ups. There have been new forums before and there will be new ones in the future.

I don't think it's the case that losing a few people has made the site sterile or that there is no debate. It's certainly not anything that you can judge after a couple of weeks. Mostly it's meant that the muppet show is quieter and that there have been less arguments and flare ups.
i think there are 70 members and so in theory that is 70 who are less likely to post on here.

i think there are 70 members and so in theory that is 70 who are less likely to post on here.

Not necessarily and I doubt it makes much of a difference to the amount of posts on here. It's good if people want to transfer the mapper show to another forum, I doubt it will impact on here much at all. Most of the posters on there only started posting on here over the last few years anyway.

Not necessarily and I doubt it makes much of a difference to the amount of posts on here. It's good if people want to transfer the mapper show to another forum, I doubt it will impact on here much at all. Most of the posters on there only started posting on here over the last few years anyway.
time will tell, I found the humour a bit of a relief from some of the bickering. The loss of posters has weakened the site, but it has been going that way for sometime now.

time will tell, I found the humour a bit of a relief from some of the bickering. The loss of posters has weakened the site, but it has been going that way for sometime now.

Nah. People have been saying that for about ten years simply because they look at the past with rose tinted spectacles. What you found humorous many people found grating and irrelevant and tbh I think there has been a fair bit less bickering since some people decided not to lost or got banned. Maybe we have found the source of the issues?

Nah. People have been saying that for about ten years simply because they look at the past with rose tinted spectacles. What you found humorous many people found grating and irrelevant and tbh I think there has been a fair bit less bickering since some people decided not to lost or got banned. Maybe we have found the source of the issues?
Just wait for a bad run or some difficult transfer business and the bickering will be back in full flow. Most of those on the other site rarely did the wind up IMO

They're all a bunch of ****ing ****s on that forum. Good riddance to the ****ing lot of them.

Sometimes, people use more than just one pub. The same can be said for web sites. The fact that there is another site out there for Saints fans is really no big deal for anyone.

I'm going back over there. In the time it takes me to set up another fake email address I'll be on there. Call it ten minutes. Obviously I won't use the CB Fry name but I'll make a new one up. Don't tell Pap for fu ck's sake.

Here for football, there for chat and banter.

Quite possibly. However, we really need to wait until the next season starts to see how the footy talk stacks up. I will be keeping an eye out on here as I am a Saints fan, and value the input of a couple of well renowned posters during the closed season that have the scoop and inside knowledge of the latest signings. For the rest I will be on the other site. I don't want to limit my options, and why would I?

I'm going back over there. In the time it takes me to set up another fake email address I'll be on there. Call it ten minutes. Obviously I won't use the CB Fry name but I'll make a new one up. Don't tell Pap for fu ck's sake.

Fire away. Get your jollies.

For the sake of fu ck I won't say a word. (I'm already there.)

The weird thing is, these are both accounts run by Glasgow Saint..

True? Untrue? Who knows. The point is, that this forum has completely gone to pot with all the bannings and subsequent new identities. It has become a joke. I like to come here to catch up on saints news and all that, but the standard of the posters is total crap, and I have to be very selective on who I read. This site has almost zero credibility for Saint's knowledge, which is reliant on about 3 posters. Now that the laughs have jumped ship, there is nothing left but vitriol.

smell the vitriol on saintsweb, denial, state of saintsweb, that thread getting funny (when this was 11 posts long), situation on saintsweb, reaching out to other posters, forum wars, discord on that site......what the hell?

anyway, I visit two sites, this and the uglies good on those who post on sotonians

Edited by Batman

Weren't you sacking each other off over there about how accepting and complimentary you were of others? Didn't take long to revert to type!

I think you'll find we said everyone except you. And anyway, I'm just suckling at the teat of pap aren't I? Mug.

True? Untrue? Who knows. The point is, that this forum has completely gone to pot with all the bannings and subsequent new identities. It has become a joke. I like to come here to catch up on saints news and all that, but the standard of the posters is total crap, and I have to be very selective on who I read. This site has almost zero credibility for Saint's knowledge, which is reliant on about 3 posters. Now that the laughs have jumped ship, there is nothing left but vitriol.

Hmm. Might be worth resigning and going over to the other forum then rather than harping on about how bad this one is.

Resigning? lol. Who made you forum god?

It was a suggestion not a command. If thos forum has gone so badly wrong then I don't think going on about how bad it is is going to improve things. Surely better to do what the other enlightened posters have done and leave for pap's new forum?

It was a suggestion not a command. If thos forum has gone so badly wrong then I don't think going on about how bad it is is going to improve things. Surely better to do what the other enlightened posters have done and leave for pap's new forum?

only pap was banned. seems a bit of hostility from peeps not banned here