Sotonians.com

OldNick

Someone said earlier, I think that this thread would run forever. (Can't be arsed to find that post)

It won't. It will probably go the way that most threads do on here when you have certain posters thinking they are involved in some kind of debate.

The usual suspects will post at an increasing rate, while normal people realise the futility and move on.The thread will be left with 3 or 4 of the usual antagonists, and will finally end when the final two remaining posters come to realise that they are the same person with different user names, and no-one else is reading any more.

Yes, I realise that this post condemns myself as one of the antagonists if I continue to post here. Of course, you could always "debate" that if you want! ;)

Yeah right all you like, it's true. Whelks assessment of you being rather too fragile for this kind of thing.

Tell you what. As one of my daughters says, I'll "pinkie promise" to remember you as the person who accused me of beating my wife and children. Fame at last.

I think I am. I agree, I probably am too fragile to be bullied on a forum, hence why I have moved away.

Hey jeff i supported you earlier as i felt you were being hard done to. However much CB may irk, accusing somebody of that type of vileness is not on, the same as your mention of Whelk sending you grovelling PM's they are called Private Messages for a reason.

Grovelling? Jeff sent me a PM a couple of times asking what is wrong with me and one asking to meet for a drink.

It was in response to just calling him thick or a tw at or something similar.

Nothing was in it that I wouldn't have posted on here. Although I did say I would try and not go for him so much. Just for the record being thought if as grovelling to him would be pretty far from the mark.

We never had the drink though. Just as well as he planned to punch me.

I think I am. I agree, I probably am too fragile to be bullied on a forum, hence why I have moved away.

Do you realise that you attack people yourself? You have said a number of snide comments about me and not liking me. I am indifferent to you btw.

The fact that you make a distinction between you and 'the bullies' shows you have very little self-awareness

Pretty low accusations, pal. Low indeed.

You may not like CBF but come on, that's really fecking low what's you've done there!

He doesn't care, I'm sure, I don't know him so how can anything like that be taken seriously. Surely it's just the same as calling someone a ****, which is bantz, innit?

Come on CB, you know you love following me around picking me up on things, trying to make me feel bad. It's what you do, and you do it well. It's a shame it also makes you a bully, but I'm sure you know that when you go home and have to look at your cowering wife and children, cos we all know you like to 'spread the love'.

That's odd, coz I have this mental image of him getting home from work and jumping straight up onto the mantelpiece backwards.

A quick read of this thread, particularly the outrageous allegations from the idiotic but aptly named unbelievable Jeff, tells me which forum of the two I'd rather frequent.

This forum has slid a long, long way. Don't get me wrong it's not the forum itself, just the number of people who post utter b0llocks for the sake of it. Get out and enjoy the sunshine ffs.

A quick read of this thread, particularly the outrageous allegations from the idiotic but aptly named unbelievable Jeff, tells me which forum of the two I'd rather frequent.

This forum has slid a long, long way. Don't get me wrong it's not the forum itself, just the number of people who post utter b0llocks for the sake of it. Get out and enjoy the sunshine ffs.

Unbelievable Jeff is on the other forum (Chertsey Saint) celebrating his efforts.

Time to get over it guys. It's just another forum.

To be fair, nothing above suggests that anyone is bothered about another forum. it's just a bit of squabbling with Chertsey / Jeff accusing someone of beating his wife and kids. Perfectly normal Saturday afternoon stuff.

To be fair, nothing above suggests that anyone is bothered about another forum. it's just a bit of squabbling with Chertsey / Jeff accusing someone of beating his wife and kids. Perfectly normal Saturday afternoon stuff.

Quite right.

If anyone is bothered about another forum it's people on Bletchweb bothered about this one. People like Jeff and, well, Ohio Saint.

Ohio, it's just another forum. Time to get over it.

Edited by CB Fry

Quite right.

If anyone is bothered about another forum it's people on Bletchweb bothered about this one. People like Jeff and, well, Ohio Saint.

Ohio, it's just another forum. Time to get over it.

I'm well over it. We had our little spat in the past, and I'm happy to get over that too. Let's start over. Truce, buddy. The ball is in your court.

I didn't realise CB Fry was a wife beater and child abuser, which it I turns out he is. I am disgusted by the whole thing. CB Cry is a more apt name. Or CB Die. Or CB Lie. I hope the authorities do something about this. It's just not right. We should be thanking Jeff for bringing this to our attention. I know the term "hero" is bandied about far too regularly, but I think it is justified here.

I'm well over it. We had our little spat in the past, and I'm happy to get over that too. Let's start over. Truce, buddy. The ball is in your court.

No reply yet. so I'll take that as a positive sign. I think we could do a public apology for our behavior on both sides. I'm game for this, so I will start.

CB, I posted a comment on a match thread, you misunderstood it. I am sorry that we ever had this misunderstanding, and I apologise profusely for any subsequent comment I may have made since that time.

I hope you will accept my sincere apology for all the consequent bickering between us.

Sincerly,

Ohio Saint.

No reply yet. so I'll take that as a positive sign. I think we could do a public apology for our behavior on both sides. I'm game for this, so I will start.

CB, I posted a comment on a match thread, you misunderstood it. I am sorry that we ever had this misunderstanding, and I apologise profusely for any subsequent comment I may have made since that time.

I hope you will accept my sincere apology for all the consequent bickering between us.

Sincerly,

Ohio Saint.

You seem to be still dwelling on something that I had got over by about quarter past five on 24th May.

That's not really an answer. I'm not dwelling, just offering a truce. Quite the opposite of dwelling, really.

I've not had any problem with you that requires any grand statement. I've seen you describe me as the naughty C word on the other forum, and that's fine. Up to you.

You've apologised so let's all let's move on as you say.

I've not had any problem with you that requires any grand statement. I've seen you describe me as the naughty C word on the other forum, and that's fine. Up to you.

You've apologised so let's all let's move on as you say.

OK! Good! All I need is something even remotely similar to an apology from you that I gave you, and we are good to go.

Let's get this behind us!

Edited by Ohio Saint

I'm not atually a member of the other forum, I'm on enough internet forums already, but having had a quick scan of the last couple of pages here rather demonstrates why people have moved. What do some people get from being so deeply and consistently unpleasant?

There's a difference between taking this place seriously and allowing frustrated keyboard warriors to abuse fellow posters because they can't find anything more satisfying to do on a Saturday (or any other) night. It's getting harder and harder to sort the wheat from the chaff at this place these days. At the moment I'm hovering between the 2 places but the only reasons for staying here is that it does still seem to have more genuine football gossip, which was the reason I joined up in the first place.

I'm not atually a member of the other forum, I'm on enough internet forums already, but having had a quick scan of the last couple of pages here rather demonstrates why people have moved. What do some people get from being so deeply and consistently unpleasant?

You have to admit, it's great entertainment. Like when you accidentally switch on channel 5, and are confronted with ' Britain's worst pubs' or some such schlock. Jeff always struck me as a bit of a princess, so probably for the best.

I quite like Sotonians for chat, but I think I'll stick to this place for football related content. It really is like the muppet show just moved across. Some funny stuff imo.

There's a difference between taking this place seriously and allowing frustrated keyboard warriors to abuse fellow posters because they can't find anything more satisfying to do on a Saturday (or any other) night. It's getting harder and harder to sort the wheat from the chaff at this place these days. At the moment I'm hovering between the 2 places but the only reasons for staying here is that it does still seem to have more genuine football gossip, which was the reason I joined up in the first place.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation, there's nothing to stop you registering on both forums as I believe most people have.

Unless you've been banned from here of course a la pap.

It doesn't have to be an either/or situation, there's nothing to stop you registering on both forums as I believe most people have.

Unless you've been banned from here of course a la pap.

I don't recall using words either/or in my post? I was just commenting on how unpleasant this place has become at times. Perhaps you should try reading my whole post rather than picking out and twisting some part of it? Of course, if I had been banned here, then I wouldn't have been able to post my original comment in the first place ( it's obvious from my post count that this is not some new ID).

I guess you have just proved my point about people with nothing better to do of an evening though. Lol

I don't recall using words either/or in my post? I was just commenting on how unpleasant this place has become at times. Perhaps you should try reading my whole post rather than picking out and twisting some part of it? Of course, if I had been banned here, then I wouldn't have been able to post my original comment in the first place ( it's obvious from my post count that this is not some new ID).

I guess you have just proved my point about people with nothing better to do of an evening though. Lol

I think you might want to try reading more carefully yourself. When he said "unless you've been banned" he obviously didn't mean you personally, just general point that people who have been banned from here not being able to post on both.

Pap has done a downfall video, Steve as Hitler. It is mildly amusing. The irony is that one of historys all time people who believed that there was a great conspiracy is being portrayed as the owner of this site lol

Ha, yeah right.

This is why I need to remove myself from posting on the same forum as you, it brings out the worst in me.

FWIW I've found CB Fry an equal opportunities poster when it comes to his cutting comments. He generally targets people spouting tangible cobblers and takes the p155 out of it. If he takes the p155 out of you more than anyone else, one I hadn't noticed and two, that could be linked to you posting more cobblers than most.

Please note, I'd say this to anyone on here, but not everyone on here is whining about specific other posters.

As for Sotonians, if there was a clique on here it was the loungers who've all buggered off, who aside from Bearsy and occasionally Tokyo, I mostly found incredibly dull anyway. There was a time I used to come on here (or predecessor sites) and rarely post in the Main Bored at all, but the lack of genuinely worthwhile nonsense in here or muppet show left me having to talk about football all the time (oh noes). Still, vacuums don't last and a new form of entertainment will fill the hole. Hopefully it won't just be threads discussion other threads elsewhere.

As for Sotonians, if there was a clique on here it was the loungers who've all buggered off, who aside from Bearsy and occasionally Tokyo, I mostly found incredibly dull anyway.

You think they're incredibly dull? Really? YOU????? The guy that trawls the internet for pictures of t shirts, each ever so slightly different from each other, year upon year upon year?

I suppose the fact that a grown man has an obsession with garish, obscenely expensive and morally dubious clothing is kind of interesting on a freak show kind of level but ultimately it hints at a dreary lack of imagination.

You think they're incredibly dull? Really? YOU????? The guy that trawls the internet for pictures of t shirts, each ever so slightly different from each other, year upon year upon year?

I suppose the fact that a grown man has an obsession with garish, obscenely expensive and morally dubious clothing is kind of interesting on a freak show kind of level but ultimately it hints at a dreary lack of imagination.

Which tells you just how dull they are. :)

If you want to watch the Downfall video you'll probably have to try a few different browsers as Pap hasn't worked out how to embed YouTube videos into the site yet. I think it eventually worked for me on Chrome. I don't think your 'range' is working that well Pap.

When you eventually get there, you'll probably wish you hadn't bothered, probably the blandest example of this genre I have seen.

In general I wish Sotonians.com all the very best. I am sure there will be a lot of great debate, with a lot of good posters.

Just seems a shame that the owner feels the need to have a go at Steve Grant who is a decent bloke and has put in a lot of time and effort to build up this resource / community. It isn't his fault that he was asked by MI5 to ban you on the grounds of National Security as part of a conspiracy to keep you from exposing the truth on a mainstream site ;)

In general I wish Sotonians.com all the very best. I am sure there will be a lot of great debate, with a lot of good posters.

Just seems a shame that the owner feels the need to have a go at Steve Grant who is a decent bloke and has put in a lot of time and effort to build up this resource / community.

Very well put. No doubt as they import most of the faces on here they will come up with the same trolling as time goes by.

I look at Sotonians after i have read on here and there are not too many posters viewing, yesterday when i looked over there only 4 were online

Just seems a shame that the owner feels the need to have a go at Steve Grant who is a decent bloke and has put in a lot of time and effort to build up this resource / community. It isn't his fault that he was asked by MI5 to ban you on the grounds of National Security as part of a conspiracy to keep you from exposing the truth on a mainstream site ;)

I thought I hid my role as the new Sir Harry Pearce quite well :(