The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Yeah agree, but muggings here got given cash to buy the tkts and need to set up a membership number too

All of which can be done online!

(Well, apart from paying cash into your account).

Edited by The9

So, I thought tickets were on general sale at 9AM? Not having any luck.

No idea about home game, the queue was empty at 8:59:50, I got in, got the one ticket I knew I could get, now re-queueing just in case I can also get the other.

Does mean I have at least one, probably two in the home end which won't be used and I can deliver to someone in Southampton any time. :)

No idea about home game, the queue was empty at 8:59:50, I got in, got the one ticket I knew I could get, now re-queueing just in case I can also get the other.

Does mean I have at least one, probably two in the home end which won't be used and I can deliver to someone in Southampton any time. :)

know several lads after tickets please contact me t.trevis.t21@btinternet and i'll put you on touch

Yeah, it's weird, I was in a queue for 10 mins, got in just after 9, now that (home) match just takes me straight to the basket without being able to select anything...

know several lads after tickets please contact me t.trevis.t21@btinternet and i'll put you on touch

I'm going to leave it until after I've established whether I've got one in the away end (tomorrow, unless it sells out first, I definitely can't get one today, just went back in and double-checked (25 min queue, the wife was in a 45 min one 5 mins later)) and offer them around my mates first, but after that if I've got any left I'll have a look on here.

Most of the empty seats were due to there being three rows' worth of people stood in the front row.

We stood at the back left corner as you walked up the steps. That section was completely empty so either everyone who was meant to be there moved (highly unlikely) or the tickets were unsold, or never even given to the club.

We stood at the back left corner as you walked up the steps. That section was completely empty so either everyone who was meant to be there moved (highly unlikely) or the tickets were unsold, or never even given to the club.

As the only way you could get to them was to walk right to the furthest corner at the back I'm guessing a lot of people just decided to go elsewhere.

There were also about 20 rows' worth of people permanently stood on the steps down the wall side of the stand so that would probably account for about another fifty to a hundred or so available seats.

The tickets were sold out. Most were crammed down the front. The top left corner was awful so I don't blame them for moving.

It was fine up there. I think "awful" isn't quite the right phrase although it went downhill the moment Turkish came and stood with us.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but both legs will be on BT Sport won't they? I see they have two games on next Thursday without any mention of who is playing.

More than likely. My sky display only goes forward 7 days (exactly!) so once it's gets to 8pm it'll show whats playing next week at that point.

I know for the home game versus Vitesse it was showing on there before Saints had announced it.

Edited by marc_saint

More than likely. My sky display only goes forward 7 days (exactly!) so once it's gets to 8pm it'll show whats playing next week at that point.

I know for the home game versus Vitesse it was showing on there before Saints had announced it.

On Virgin Media it's just showing the one game from 19:45 on BTS Euro 'A match from the UEFA Europa League'

Anyone else staying in the appropriately named Hotel Herning? It looks a bit basic but its pretty close to the ground from the map etc. Hopefully not far from the train station either. Will have to buy “fluids” at Gatwick for the Stella Express from Copenhagen to Herning!

there are 8 of us staying there ,arrive wed morning staying 3 nights

Just a little insight into the Group Stage in case we get there.

The matches are set in a fixed schedule: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Once the play-offs have been completed, the 48 remaining clubs are drawn into 12 groups of four in accordance with Paragraph 13.05. Clubs from the same

association cannot be drawn into the same group.

The following match sequence applies:

Matchday 1:

2 v 3

4 v 1

Matchday 2:

1 v 2

3 v 4

Matchday 3:

3 v 1

2 v 4

Matchday 4:

1 v 3

4 v 2

Matchday 5:

3 v 2

1 v 4

Matchday 6:

2 v 1

4 v 3

So depending on which position 1-4 (not related to the seeding) we're drawn in the group we will know our schedule immediately.

The9

That's handy to know. ?

What would really be handy is if saints could get details of ticket allocations and put away game tickets on sale as soon as possible. There's a game in December and it would be really useful to have it all arranged early on and for them not to give details etc in mid November.

Proactive not reactive!

So, now I've got my head around it...

There are 48 group qualifiers, seeded in 4 pots of 12 by coefficient.

To keep teams from the same country apart they'll likely be subdivided like they have been in the predraws so far.

This would mean that there would be

3x 1st seed

3x 2nd seed

3x 3rd seed

3x 4th seed

For 4 batches of teams, total 48 teams.

Let's call them Batch1 for the 12 teams to make up groups ABC, Batch 2 for DEF, 3 = GHI and 4 = JKL.

Teams would then be drawn into one of the 3 possible groups they could be drawn into. Top seed Numbers 1-3 are drawn to go into one of Group ABC and that's repeated for DEF, GHI and JKL across each batch. Just to confuse things they'll also draw the team's position in the group (fixture slot 1-4 as listed above), which they might do for each group separately.

Then it's repeated for the second seeds, drawing 4-6 and applied across all 4 batches, then third seeds numbers 7-9 (prob including Saints) and finally the bottom seeds 10-12.

Eg if Saints were in Pot 3 but batch 1 (can only be drawn into Groups A, B or C) they could only play other batch 1 teams but it could still be any of the 3 top seeds in their batch, any of the second seeds in their batch, and any of the bottom seeds in their batch.

Putting Spurs and Liverpool in different batches to Saints (eg Groups DEF and JKL) would guarantee we couldn't play them, as per the rules.

Just a reminder that the pot seeding from coefficient doesn't place the top seeded team in fixture position 1.

We're likely to be in the 3rd seeding pot.

Anyone follow that? :D

Edited by The9

The9

That's handy to know. ��

What would really be handy is if saints could get details of ticket allocations and put away game tickets on sale as soon as possible. There's a game in December and it would be really useful to have it all arranged early on and for them not to give details etc in mid November.

Proactive not reactive!

Agreed, what I want to know within a week of the draw is how many aways will be needed for any of the three group aways. (If... Etc) Because I'm planning on attending all of them and I want to ensure I maximise my chances of getting tickets and minimise cost (though on that front, booking a flight back within 2 hours of the group stage draw was not smart).

Even if the number of matches to attend changes across the 3 matches, they should tell us at the start of the whole stage, they already know which aways in the Prem will count by the fixture dates and can decide how many other EL ties you'd need to attend to get priority by then too.

Edited by The9

Oh and just for an early heads up, in round of 32, the 12 group winners and the 4 CL 3rd place teams with the best records will be seeded and play the group runners up and the other 4 CL 3rd place sides. So coefficient is out of the window by then.

At that stage you can't play anyone from your group OR anyone from your country. The first round we could play Spurs or Liverpool is actually the last 8 (QF).

Just a little insight into the Group Stage in case we get there.

The matches are set in a fixed schedule: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Matchday 6:

2 v 1

4 v 3

So depending on which position 1-4 (not related to the seeding) we're drawn in the group we will know our schedule immediately.

This would suggest we finish with an away tie around my birthday. I would get excited but I have suffered adversely from the "collect in person" policy put in place for the Denmark trip as we have been unable to use friends' customer numbers who could not make/afford to go to Denmark.

I am hoping this is a one off by Danish police because of the time, small allocation of tickets and likely number of fans travelling without tickets.

This would suggest we finish with an away tie around my birthday. I would get excited but I have suffered adversely from the "collect in person" policy put in place for the Denmark trip as we have been unable to use friends' customer numbers who could not make/afford to go to Denmark.

I am hoping this is a one off by Danish police because of the time, small allocation of tickets and likely number of fans travelling without tickets.

It doesn't suggest anything, we have no idea which of the numbers 1-4 we will be, it's (probably) not related to the seeding pots (which we don't know of which we will be in anyway other than we can't be top seeds). Also, not beaten Midtjylland... yet.

So all you really know is "there will be Europa League match near your birthday". Which UEFA could have told you before we even qualified for it.

Yeay. I have away ticket, flights and hotel. Just train to go. Then the fun can begin.:-)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Train price doesn't seem to change, though depending where you're going to and from you might want a seat reservation - there aren't any on the train from Aarhus to Herning, but there are from Copenhagen to Herning.

Aarhus also has the pleasure of a 50 minute bus transfer from airport to city at a cost of about £10 each way. :D

Train price doesn't seem to change, though depending where you're going to and from you might want a seat reservation - there aren't any on the train from Aarhus to Herning, but there are from Copenhagen to Herning.

Aarhus also has the pleasure of a 50 minute bus transfer from airport to city at a cost of about £10 each way. :D

Having trouble booking train tickets. Which is the best site?

DSB.dk - does it in English too - but their app is probably better.

Thanks. Found that now and, I hope, sorted.

Aiming for the 10:30 from Copenhagen airport but will be tight. If not, 11:30.

Edited by Shroppie

i see the home leg has been confirmed for coverage on BT Sport - has anyone seem confirmation that the away leg will be on as well? Mad to think that before the end of August we could have featured on BT Sport 5 times!

A train ride from Copenhagen to Herning is far more expensive and will waste at least 6½ hour of your time traveling back and forth... obviousy, Aarhus in not Copenhagen, but Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark and just as Copenhagen has some unique attractions like Tivoli and Dyrehavsbakken (of 1583) which are the two oldest amusement parks in the world, then Aarhus also likewise have an unique 3 star michelin attraction and other unique attractions that you wont find in Copenhagen or elswhere in Scandinavia. In any case, Aarhus is a much cheaper destination because it's as close as you could possible get to Herning by air and train and the the top attractions also provide room for you to bring your own food and beer, so that you do not need to spend money on resturant bills if you do not want to ...

A train ride from Copenhagen to Herning is far more expensive and will waste at least 6½ hour of your time traveling back and forth... obviousy, Aarhus in not Copenhagen, but Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark and just as Copenhagen has some unique attractions like Tivoli and Dyrehavsbakken (of 1583) which are the two oldest amusement parks in the world, then Aarhus also likewise have an unique 3 star michelin attraction and other unique attractions that you wont find in Copenhagen or elswhere in Scandinavia. In any case, Aarhus is a much cheaper destination because it's as close as you could possible get to Herning by air and train and the the top attractions also provide room for you to bring your own food and beer, so that you do not need to spend money on resturant bills if you do not want to ...

Made the right decision by choosing to stay in Aarhus then, I guess....

You haven't mentioned 'Den Gamle By' museum. For those interested in Danish history and culture it is well worth a visit. Personally, I'm looking forward to an evening in Copenhagen and hope to have a chance to visit Tivoli. The train ride to Herning is also an attraction for me, I've driven all over Denmark and would like to see it with someone else doing the driving. There was also more choice of flights to Copenhagen especially from Gatwick which is the right side of London for me. Whichever, I'm sure we shall all have a great time :)

So, now I've got my head around it...

There are 48 group qualifiers, seeded in 4 pots of 12 by coefficient.

To keep teams from the same country apart they'll likely be subdivided like they have been in the predraws so far.

This would mean that there would be

3x 1st seed

3x 2nd seed

3x 3rd seed

3x 4th seed

For 4 batches of teams, total 48 teams.

Let's call them Batch1 for the 12 teams to make up groups ABC, Batch 2 for DEF, 3 = GHI and 4 = JKL.

Teams would then be drawn into one of the 3 possible groups they could be drawn into. Top seed Numbers 1-3 are drawn to go into one of Group ABC and that's repeated for DEF, GHI and JKL across each batch. Just to confuse things they'll also draw the team's position in the group (fixture slot 1-4 as listed above), which they might do for each group separately.

Then it's repeated for the second seeds, drawing 4-6 and applied across all 4 batches, then third seeds numbers 7-9 (prob including Saints) and finally the bottom seeds 10-12.

Eg if Saints were in Pot 3 but batch 1 (can only be drawn into Groups A, B or C) they could only play other batch 1 teams but it could still be any of the 3 top seeds in their batch, any of the second seeds in their batch, and any of the bottom seeds in their batch.

Putting Spurs and Liverpool in different batches to Saints (eg Groups DEF and JKL) would guarantee we couldn't play them, as per the rules.

Just a reminder that the pot seeding from coefficient doesn't place the top seeded team in fixture position 1.

We're likely to be in the 3rd seeding pot.

Anyone follow that? :D

Basing it on last season's draw the teams won't be split into different batches. Pot 1 was done first, where the first team draw was put into Group A, then the second team into Group B, and so on so forth, and repeated for Pots 2, 3 and 4. Not sure exactly what happens if for instance, Saints are put into Group B and Liverpool have already been drawn in that group, I reckon they would just put us in Group C and then the next team that gets drawn out would go into Group B.

Preaching to the choir here, that's one of the reasons we're going there. Shame I can't say the same about Stansted. :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})