The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

You seem surprised that a spike in demand would see the prices increase. Why do you think loads of us were booking stuff within 15 minutes of the draw? :lol:

Hardly surprised.... haha. Just a shame that I don't have my passport handy, will need to see what can be arranged after work. Travel from Birmingham or London may be a good option for me either way.

Thanks. That's the conclusion I came to. Mind you there is always spares available and if worst comes to the worst it will be the home end for me!

is it really possible to get home end tickets at this sort of game?

We have had great results against some of the biggest teams in Europe over the last two seasons We should be expecting to win, we should not be complacent as Vitesse are a good footballing team but realistically we should progress.

I'm looking forward to the game :)

Yeah I know, if we can't beat Vitesse then we're not worthy of getting to the group stage anyway. But just from a bad luck perspective, last time we drew Steaua Bucharest and now Vitesse! It will certainly be a stern test, because a good way to ensure our players are up to speed before the Premier League kick off.

Hey guys,

my name is Mark and I'm a Vitesse supporter. Personally I'm very happy about the fixture itself, cause both teams play very decent football (that's right i've been following some of Saints' matches last year). Not so happy though about our chances. You guys are clearly the favourite side here. But still, these two matches will be something to really look forward to.

I will try, together with some friends, to attend the away game for us on 30 july. We will most likely travel by car through the Calais tunnel (haven't seen this option pass by yet on this forum). It's probably the cheapest. Downside is that it's an 8 hour drive, which means 16 hours total.

If you want to attend the game in Arnhem, it's probably good to know that Düsseldorf seems like the most accessible fly-destination, but the transfer from Düsseldorf to Arnhem is very bad if you don't have a car there (there aren't many trains from Holland to Germany and back). So I would suggest all of you to fly to a Dutch city, like Amsterdam or Eindhoven :) Both cities are only 1hour away from Arnhem by train.

Anyway, really looking forward to these matches and may the best side win! ;)

Hey guys,

my name is Mark and I'm a Vitesse supporter. Personally I'm very happy about the fixture itself, cause both teams play very decent football (that's right i've been following some of Saints' matches last year). Not so happy though about our chances. You guys are clearly the favourite side here. But still, these two matches will be something to really look forward to.

I will try, together with some friends, to attend the away game for us on 30 july. We will most likely travel by car through the Calais tunnel (haven't seen this option pass by yet on this forum). It's probably the cheapest. Downside is that it's an 8 hour drive, which means 16 hours total.

If you want to attend the game in Arnhem, it's probably good to know that Düsseldorf seems like the most accessible fly-destination, but the transfer from Düsseldorf to Arnhem is very bad if you don't have a car there (there aren't many trains from Holland to Germany and back). So I would suggest all of you to fly to a Dutch city, like Amsterdam or Eindhoven :) Both cities are only 1hour away from Arnhem by train.

Anyway, really looking forward to these matches and may the best side win! ;)

Many thanks for your post and the information.

Eloy Room: Beautiful draw, great club, really looking forward.

Peter Bosz: Tough opponent. Probably the hardest possible draw. Premier League club who have performed very well last season.

Eloy Room: We've talked about it internally and we joked about drawing Southampton. And then it happened.

Peter Bosz: I only know about their last season. Don't know about their current state. I know though that they play Feyenoord and Groningen. That gives us the possibility to watch and learn.

Eloy Room: Yeah a lot of Dutch players there, also the coach, and the captain of Curacao, Martina, really looking forward to see them.

Peter Bosz: Advantage to play away first. Great fixtures, also for the players.

Eloy Room: For the supporters, easy accessible. Its not that far away. Hope to see a lot of support.

Interested to see what sort of tram we put out as will want to be fully strength for the opening league games but also need s very strong team for this one.

Toughest draw we could have had, but obviously winnable.

Blimey, we've all got into the spirit of things very quickly on here. :scared:

Interested to see what sort of tram we put out as will want to be fully strength for the opening league games but also need s very strong team for this one.

Toughest draw we could have had, but obviously winnable.

DoubleDeckerTram.jpg

Is that a new version of parking the bus??

Edited by doddisalegend

Hello Vitesse supporters. Thanks for the info. Is Arnhem good for a night out after the game - or is it better to get a train back to Amsterdam

Many thanks

We're staying in Amsterdam on the wednesday and Arnhem on the thursday. It is 1.5 hours back to the Dam, so you'll be lucky to get back before midnight

Sorted!

Booze cruise from Harwich to Hoek on the 10pm Wednesday crossing. Price includes trains from London and on to Arnhem. Holiday Inn Arnhem booked. Cheap BA flight back booked for the Friday. No earache from the missus about the wedding we have to go to on the Saturday.

COYS!!!!!

Sorted!

Booze cruise from Harwich to Hoek on the 10pm Wednesday crossing. Price includes trains from London and on to Arnhem. Holiday Inn Arnhem booked. Cheap BA flight back booked for the Friday. No earache from the missus about the wedding we have to go to on the Saturday.

COYS!!!!!

How much did that work out

You seem surprised that a spike in demand would see the prices increase. Why do you think loads of us were booking stuff within 15 minutes of the draw? :lol:

Quite. I had a window open for every possible group location just to get in first - was still annoyed that I had four goes at submitting the page before it went through, stupid "agree to terms and conditions, oh wait we've deleted your CVV code" shenanigans. :)

How much did that work out

£83 each in a 2-share cabin on the boat. No onward & beforehand train fares.

£25 each in the Holiday Inn.

£43 flight home.

All I need to do now is buy a train ticket to get me from Arnhem to Schilpol airport on the Friday and I'm sorted. That won't break the bank.

I'd love it if that boat ended up full of Saints fans on a beano.

Getting nervous about this, Dad will have a decent chance to get a ticket as a ST Holder, but as a mere member now I would surely be out of luck?

You can use my ST if you want.. I'd love to go but I'm away in Liverpool unfortunately!

Does anyone know if the game will be shown on TV? It's got ITV4 written all over it..

It's got ITV4 written all over it..

ITV don't have the rights anymore, BT Sport have exclusive coverage, but as far as I'm aware, the contract only starts from the playoff round. Some of the Scottish sides have been on Premier Sports in the early rounds, not sure if there's scope for ITV to pick up our game or not. Both of West Ham's home games have been on the club's YouTube channel.

You can use my ST if you want.. I'd love to go but I'm away in Liverpool unfortunately!

Does anyone know if the game will be shown on TV? It's got ITV4 written all over it..

You are a Gentleman. Mind if I PM you when the details for tickets are imminent?

Anybody seen any cheap hotels in Arnnem?
Look on Expedia, there were plenty available earlier. Or if looking for really cheap, hostelbookers.com or hostelworld.com !

Thin we're going to do a couple of nights in Arnhem, as have been to Amsterdam plenty of times before.

White Widow. That is all...

The map in the OP is not that useful at the moment, travel is so easy to arrange and so many people are familiar with Amsterdam and Holland that I wont really help many people out. Let me know if you want anything posted on it. Maybe it will become useful later on.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})