The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Who else is staying in Amsterdam? Need to flood the red light district with more red! Bars/Nightlife will be better in Dam than Arnhem.

A group of us will be there Wed and Thurs night.

(Booked in the Hilton by central station so easy direct train to Arnhem)

If your in Amsterdam too, let us know and can meet for beer/weed/hookers.

Great plan but you could be screwed IF the game goes to Extra Time & Penalties. Last direct train is 23:00 there is one at 23:21 that needs 3 changes and arrives in AMS at 01:49.

That issue is causing us a few planning concerns as well!

Great plan but you could be screwed IF the game goes to Extra Time & Penalties. Last direct train is 23:00 there is one at 23:21 that needs 3 changes and arrives in AMS at 01:49.

That issue is causing us a few planning concerns as well!

Share a taxi or Uber back to Dam? 5 people or more in a mini bus won't be too bad.

F*ck it you can put on some limos for us Phil.

Edited by niceandfriendly

When you log in you should have your reserved Vitesse ticket already in your basket :)

Mine was quite random, a mate went in to buy Vitesse and Espanyol for a load of us this morning, a group Itchen booking for Espanyol and our Northam ST seats for Vitesse. It was already paid for and in my purchase history (not my basket) when I logged in - except after I'd been logged in for a few minutes the group seat showed up for Vitesse in my basket. I cancelled it - as both tickets were already booked and I'd seen them in my purchase history when I initially logged in, and now it's showing I've got my ST seat for Espanyol (which is a bit of a sod given that all my mates are in the Itchen). Most confusing.

Hmm, so turns out my mate, for convenience, allocated everyone to their ST seats for both matches - except they retyped the wife's seat number wrongly when re-allocating and she's now 17 seats away - which is why when I saw only I was allocated to my ST seat I assumed everyone else was allocated to the group area, but they weren't. :D

Interesting to know that if someone buys your ticket before you log on that you may get offered a random seat in the Itchen for Vitesse home though!

Who else is staying in Amsterdam? Need to flood the red light district with more red! Bars/Nightlife will be better in Dam than Arnhem.

A group of us will be there Wed and Thurs night.

(Booked in the Hilton by central station so easy direct train to Arnhem)

If your in Amsterdam too, let us know and can meet for beer/weed/hookers.

Yep, staying in Amsterdam, some getting there at 8am and others at lunchtime. Thing it'll be beers around Amsterdam in the early afternoon then down to Arnhem for a few before KO, then train back afterwards.

just checked their website and it looks like the 2 blocks in the mainstand next 2 the away end are reserved for saints fans also. If that is the case then the Vitesse poster who said he thought we would have a 1200 allocation will feel responsible if it royally kicks off in the home areas LOL

Looking at the stadium plan the main stand looks like it's probably the 'West' which is the other side. 'Oost' is next to the aways (uitvak), if blocks 123-124 are reserved for us that could be good news if we've already hoovered up blocks 120-122 (and they let us keep them).

2num3vk.png

just checked their website and it looks like the 2 blocks in the mainstand next 2 the away end are reserved for saints fans also. If that is the case then the Vitesse poster who said he thought we would have a 1200 allocation will feel responsible if it royally kicks off in the home areas LOL

Why?

I emailed the supporter liason a few days back and got a response today. Said that they are yet to receive any information regarding allocation from Vitesse, but hope to release details later this week. Also mentioned that they realize "extreme popualrity of this fixture" so criteria for match tickets will be "strict". Nothing that we didn't already know but sounds as if we'll only get 1200

I emailed the supporter liason a few days back and got a response today. Said that they are yet to receive any information regarding allocation from Vitesse, but hope to release details later this week. Also mentioned that they realize "extreme popualrity of this fixture" so criteria for match tickets will be "strict". Nothing that we didn't already know but sounds as if we'll only get 1200

I really hope that doesn't mean they'll link tickets to buying the club's official transport as i've already sorted my flights and hotels and wouldn't want to use the club's transport even if i hadn't. Part of the european experience for me is making your own way there!

I really hope that doesn't mean they'll link tickets to buying the club's official transport as i've already sorted my flights and hotels and wouldn't want to use the club's transport even if i hadn't. Part of the european experience for me is making your own way there!

He was referring to the match tickets themselves. On sale first to ST with a load of away games from last year etc

He was referring to the match tickets themselves. On sale first to ST with a load of away games from last year etc

I hope so, if that's the case i'm more than confident i'll get them as i can't see 7 aways and a season ticket not being enough right?

Girl at ticket office today said they hoped to hear something tonight.

Looking at the stadium plan the main stand looks like it's probably the 'West' which is the other side. 'Oost' is next to the aways (uitvak), if blocks 123-124 are reserved for us that could be good news if we've already hoovered up blocks 120-122 (and they let us keep them).

2num3vk.png

Sets it up nicely for a few choruses of

"We're The Noord Side, we're The Noord Side, we're The Noord Side over here" .....

"We're The Oost Side, we're The Oost Side, we're The Oost Side over here"

It'll be crazy ;)

I'm not at all confidant of getting a ticket if it's only 1200. I have 3 always from last season. We're all staying in Amsterdam Wednesday night, heading over to Arnhem Thursday for drinks before the game then back to Amsterdam for Thursday night, fly back Friday morning.

That confirmed?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not official but they are not selling them on the Vitesse website so it appears we have been allocated them. Those who have purchased 122 have done well as its literally right next to the away allocated blocks in the main stand (unofficial at the minute though)

Vitesse have been given 1700 seats for St Mary's

That's a shame personally think we should've offered them the normal away allocation as it would've encouraged them to raise ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Police twitter account for saints fans just tweeted that they met today with dutch police to discuss a "saints zone" to accommodate fans in Arnhem during the day and also potentially areas in the stadium for saints fans without away end tickets, but this will be discussed more when they meet out in Holland next Monday. Sounds like Dutch police aren't opposed to saints fans sitting in other areas of the stadium and could even create an unofficial areas for us.

The Police twitter account for saints fans just tweeted that they met today with dutch police to discuss a "saints zone" to accommodate fans in Arnhem during the day and also potentially areas in the stadium for saints fans without away end tickets, but this will be discussed more when they meet out in Holland next Monday. Sounds like Dutch police aren't opposed to saints fans sitting in other areas of the stadium and could even create an unofficial areas for us.

That's what those empty blocks in the side stand will be for.

Anyone NOT planning on going to this one and saving their time/money for the potential group stages? Thought not.

With reliable cars and satNav nowadays then it's prob easier getting to Arnhem (7 hours from Southampton) than it was to get up north in days gone by. It ain't much further than Newcastle on the Sunday.

If Saints win the first leg 8-0 then anyone plan on flogging their hotel/ticket?

Anyone NOT planning on going to this one and saving their time/money for the potential group stages? Thought not.

With reliable cars and satNav nowadays then it's prob easier getting to Arnhem (7 hours from Southampton) than it was to get up north in days gone by. It ain't much further than Newcastle on the Sunday.

If Saints win the first leg 8-0 then anyone plan on flogging their hotel/ticket?

I missed out on Bucharest because I was going to go to a later round! Not going to make that same mistake again.

With reliable cars and satNav nowadays then it's prob easier getting to Arnhem (7 hours from Southampton) than it was to get up north in days gone by.

Exactly that. I did Amsterdam in about 6 hours a couple months ago, easier drive than Scotland (no M1 thank God)

Short walk from the station to the town centre for daytime drinking. Then Bus? Its a 45 minute walk otherwise.

Hey guys,

I'm from Arnhem and i can tell you something about what to do in Arnhem. On thursday you can go the korenmarkt, there is one Irish pub on it and several other normal pubs.

If you decide to stay in Arnhem on thursday and want to go out, there a few clubs on the korenmarkt open till 4 o clock in the night. Its a student city and thursday nights are pretty crowded.

The travel to the Gelredome (Vitesse stadium) you can take bus 6, 7 or 331 from the korenmarkt or central station to the Gelredome. It'll take 5-10 minutes to travel to the Gelredome with bus. Walking will take 30-45 minutes.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})