The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Frustrated to miss out having gone to eight away games last season but such is life. All I could see online was Newcastle away, then when Vitesse finally popped up I clicked on Vitesse but nothing happened, rang up and told it had sold out 15 minutes ago. I'm still going over there and intend to have a great time, should be a cracking atmosphere!

Frustrated to miss out having gone to eight away games last season but such is life. All I could see online was Newcastle away, then when Vitesse finally popped up I clicked on Vitesse but nothing happened, rang up and told it had sold out 15 minutes ago. I'm still going over there and intend to have a great time, should be a cracking atmosphere!

At the very least you'll pick up a ticket for the home sections. Keep the faith

Fair play for your relaxed attitude on it, I'd be p****d off if I just missed out, but knew the club were still holding on to tickets in the away end.

You have to be a complete moron if you think concessions aren't relevant to the discussion of prices - ultimately it's the total cost that matters to the punter, how much more he has to pay out of his pocket relative to previous years. Concessions, fees, ticket prices are all relevant, however you slice and dice the individual components.

It's not a discussion of prices, it's a discussion of price rises, of which there have been none.

Heads up on tonights champions league qualifiers.

HJK Helsinki 0 - 0 FC Astana (Result) Irrelevant who wins as both teams have lower coefficient than Saints

Red Bull Salzburg 1 - 0 Malmö FF (63 mins) We need a RB Salzburg win. Malmo have a lower coefficient than us

We need a Steaua Bucharest win. Partizan have a lower coefficient than us

Celtic v FK Qarabag We need a Celtic win. Qarabag have a lower coefficient than us

Lech Poznan v FC Basel Both teams have a higher coefficient

SK Rapid Vienna v Ajax We need an Ajax win. Rapid Vienna have a lower coefficient than us

Red Bull Salzburg 2 - 0 Malmö FF FT (good..)

Steaua Bucharest 1 - 1 Partizan Belgrade FT (away goal, not good..)

Celtic 1 - 0FK Qarabag (good for coefficients, maybe not good for transfers..)

Lech Poznan 1 - 3 FC Basel (don't care..)

SK Rapid Vienna 2 - 2 Ajax (away goals, good..)

Celtic 1-0 Qarabag Celtic take a slender lead to Azerbajain

Rapid Vienna 2-2 Ajax blow 2 goal lead but still look ok to get through.

Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Partizan Belgrade Steaua in trouble but a late equalizer keeps it interesting.

Red Bull 2-0 Malmo looking good.

In Europa 3Q

Jabolenc 0 -1 FC Copenhagen would be a major surprise if FCC with recent CL pedigree dont get through.

Btw, whats with the refund? You bought tickets for the away game but cancelled and didnt get money back?

If so, tell me here and ill call em tomorrow and see what i can find out.

I've read on here about tobacco shops which sell match tickets in the home end for the game on the 6th, can you advise on the name/locations of any in Arnhem?

Looking to have a backup plan in case the ones I ordered online are not posted.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've read on here about tobacco shops which sell match tickets in the home end for the game on the 6th, can you advise on the name/locations of any in Arnhem?

Looking to have a backup plan in case the ones I ordered online are not posted.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Google ticket box NFL. Right click to translate on chrome search location if you have a hotel address look for nearest post code then go to Google maps enter code and get directions.

So simple even I managed it

Fair play for your relaxed attitude on it, I'd be p****d off if I just missed out, but knew the club were still holding on to tickets in the away end.

Yeah, but that's because you're 'sour'. I'd say that's the least of our problems though based on some of your responses to threads elsewhere on this forum.

Quick question for The9 (unless there is someone else that genuinely may know the answer) ...should we get through this tie, do we know which leg is played away in the next round? Does it depend if we are seeded? Eg Seeded sides play home game second. Or is it random.

I need the away leg to be 1st otherwise I have to ask nicely if a colleague will kindly give up their days off (and the 27th leads into the bank holiday weekend)

Quick question for The9 (unless there is someone else that genuinely may know the answer) ...should we get through this tie, do we know which leg is played away in the next round? Does it depend if we are seeded? Eg Seeded sides play home game second. Or is it random.

I need the away leg to be 1st otherwise I have to ask nicely if a colleague will kindly give up their days off (and the 27th leads into the bank holiday weekend)

They randomise the draw to determine who plays at home first, it's not dependent on seeding.

For those getting a bit antsy, Kairat v Aberdeen is on Premier Sport (Virgin 551) right now, which I assume is the channel that will become BT Sport Europe on August 1st (though they are claiming it'll be added).

Kairat are a bit tasty, have Tymoschuk playing for them, and are wearing Vitesse Arnhem colours.

I am very glad we didn't have to get to Kazakhstan by 3:45pm today, I had meetings yesterday. :o

Z

For those getting a bit antsy, Kairat v Aberdeen is on Premier Sport (Virgin 551) right now, which I assume is the channel that will become BT Sport Europe on August 1st (though they are claiming it'll be added).

Kairat are a bit tasty, have Tymoschuk playing for them, and are wearing Vitesse Arnhem colours.

I am very glad we didn't have to get to Kazakhstan by 3:45pm today, I had meetings yesterday. :o

I'd have taken an away game literally anywhere if it had have been played tonight. Never before have I been so gutted to be going on a 3 week holiday to the other side of the world on Sunday.

The weather will be good next week in Holland, if the korenmarkt

is too crowded i recommend the rijnkade, its a boulevard located at the river the rijn. Lots of pubs/cafés to drink some beer. I prefer that place over korenmarkt honestly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

This is how the seeding stands at the minute in terms of teams with a higher coefficients than the two English clubs.

Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883

FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099

Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999

FC København (DEN) 40.960

PAOK FC (GRE) 40.880

Trabzonspor AS (TUR) 36.520

R. Standard de Liège (BEL) 25.440

Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800

FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483

UC Sampdoria (ITA) 18.102

Vitória SC (POR) 17.776

AS Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983

FC Zürich (SUI) 16.875

FC Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325

Southampton

West Ham

You then have the following with a higher coefficient in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round:

Salzburg

Celtic

Steaua Bucharest

Basel v Lech Poznan

Ajax

CSKA Moscow v Sparta Prague

APOEL

Maccabi Tel Aviv v Viktoria Plzen

Fenerbache v Shakhtar Donetsk

Panathinaikos v Club Brugge

Young Boys v Monaco

Bate Borisov

Dinamo Zagreb.

22 teams will be seeded in the playoff round. Southampton and West Ham are currently 15 and 16th seeds. There are five games in the Champions League which guarantee a higher seeded team drops in to the Europa League. Leaving Southampton and West Ham 21st and 22nd seeds going in to the playoff round.

Any upsets push it one way or the other.

We need the Europa League qualifiers with a higher seeding to go out and the Champions League qualifiers to stay in the Champions League. Sampdoria look a definite heading out which helps both English clubs in the playoff round.

We have a lot to live up to after that showing from vitesse fans

Second half they were excellent. There was one point where it looked like they were all moshing while a few of our fans stood there limply singing Oh When The Saints.

PS Shance, we already went over this a couple of pages back, it's easier to identify the 22 non-seeds who if they go through guarantee we're seeded. Is useful to be reminded of the coefficients though.

After that it's trying to avoid being in Pot 4 of the groups (at least we can't get Liverpool or Spurs).

We have a lot to live up to after that showing from vitesse fans

They were quiet for the majority of the game and only when they realised they were out of the tie then they started doing their happy clappy jumpy around b*llocks.

This is how the seeding stands at the minute in terms of teams with a higher coefficients than the two English clubs.

Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883

FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099

Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999

FC København (DEN) 40.960

PAOK FC (GRE) 40.880

Trabzonspor AS (TUR) 36.520

R. Standard de Liège (BEL) 25.440

Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800

FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483

UC Sampdoria (ITA) 18.102

Vitória SC (POR) 17.776

AS Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983

FC Zürich (SUI) 16.875

FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)

22 teams will be seeded in the playoff round. Southampton and West Ham are currently 15 and 16th seeds. There are five games in the Champions League which guarantee a higher seeded team drops in to the Europa League. Leaving Southampton and West Ham 21st and 22nd seeds going in to the playoff round.

Any upsets push it one way or the other.

We need the Europa League qualifiers with a higher seeding to go out and the Champions League qualifiers to stay in the Champions League. Sampdoria look a definite heading out which helps both English clubs in the playoff round.

Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883 Won first leg away 1-0

FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099 Won first leg away 3-2

Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999 Won first leg home 2-0

FC København (DEN) 40.960 Won first leg away 1-0

PAOK FC (GRE) 40.880 Won first leg home 1-0

Trabzonspor AS (TUR) 36.520 LOST first leg away 1-0

R. Standard de Liège (BEL) 25.440 Won first leg home 2-1

Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800 Winning 2-1 away but match abandoned

FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483 Won first leg home 3-0

UC Sampdoria (ITA) 18.102 LOST first leg home 4-0

Vitória SC (POR) 17.776 LOST first leg away 2-1

AS Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983 Won first leg away 3-0

FC Zürich (SUI) 16.875 LOST first leg home 1-0

FC Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325 LOST first leg home 2-0

So for the Europa League ties, currently 5 going the way that we need them too.

Edited by marc_saint

Borussia Dortmund (GER) 99.883 Won first leg 1-0

FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) 57.099 Won first leg 3-2

Athletic Club (ESP) 56.999 Won first leg 2-0

FC København (DEN) 40.960 Won first leg 1-0

PAOK FC (GRE) 40.880 Won first leg 1-0

Trabzonspor AS (TUR) 36.520 LOST first leg 1-0

R. Standard de Liège (BEL) 25.440 Won first leg 2-1

Legia Warszawa (POL) 24.800 Winning 2-1 but match abandoned

FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA) 24.483 Won first leg 3-0

UC Sampdoria (ITA) 18.102 LOST first leg 4-0

Vitória SC (POR) 17.776 LOST first leg 2-1

AS Saint-Étienne (FRA) 16.983 Won first leg 3-0

FC Zürich (SUI) 16.875 LOST first leg 1-0

FC Slovan Liberec (CZE) 16.325 LOST first leg 2-0

So for the Europa League ties, currently 5 going the way that we need them too.

Which of those games were at home or away?

Thought the Vitesse fans attempted to make a decent atmosphere towards the end as suggested above. Fair play to them for travelling over. Compared to some of our Premier League friends, I thought they were alright.

I did not join in our 'let's all have a disco' retort.

I did find it funny how, after our fans gave it a "what the f*cking hell was that" after their player hoofed it out of play, they piped up with "you're sh*t and you know you are", and mere seconds after they had stopped Mane fed Pelle through to smash home our first.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})