The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Nice and easy to get to from Southampton.

£125 return flight to Amsterdam

£25 train from Amsterdam Centraal to Arnhem, last train back looks about 11:30pm as well.

£150 quid for travel, not bad and Amsterdam is amazing to stay in. If anyone wants to borrow my "around Amsterdam in 80 beers" let me know! :)

Flying to Dusseldorf may be the best option for away fans, only 28 miles from Arnhem.

Decided to go via Amsterdam, there were no Dusseldorf flights on those dates when I looked. Only an hour on train from Amsterdam anyway.

I think the ticket price has been set at £15.00 but if you get a ticket for the Espanyol game as well it is only £20.00 for them both.

Can't see anything about that on the website. Where did you hear this? Great deal.

LOL at the reaction on here. It's not the JPT, most of the games will be quite tough.

Imagine the reaction on here if we get through to the groups and draw a "European heavyweight"

I don't think it is unreasonable to want to progress as far as possible and get a couple of soft opponents first up.

I'm in Ibiza from 3-13 August. Tryinh to talk the lads into doing it, £137 flights arriving 1pm on the Thursday and leaving 24 hours later. Wouldn't even need a hotel if we have a big night out in Amsterdam

Southampton vs Chelsea Reserves (Vitesse Arnhem) - A (Stamford) Bridge too far?

CKHRCLLWwAAqkNk.png

Glad some people have finally woken up to my Bridge Too Far references from an hour or so ago. By the way the bridge in the picture is not in Arnhem, the movie was shot in Deventer, about 35km away. The bridges are very similar though (the John Frost bridge in Arnhem)

LOL at the reaction on here. It's not the JPT, most of the games will be quite tough.

Imagine the reaction on here if we get through to the groups and draw a "European heavyweight"

There were a lot of possible opponents that really would have been a darn sight easier than Vitesse. Probably the hardest draw that we could have got (ignoring teams like Dortmund who it was not possible to draw) at this stage.

I don't think it is unreasonable to want to progress as far as possible and get a couple of soft opponents first up.

This.

There is still enough dross at this stage of the competition to wish we had avoided one of the potentially better opponents, especially with the start of the PL looming. Sure, we'll have to beat better teams but look at Aberdeens potential tie against Alashkert of Armenia or FC Kairat from Kazakhstan. Would have rather played any of those three!

Can't see anything about that on the website. Where did you hear this? Great deal.

From the ticket section of the Saints OS...

When purchased in conjunction with a ticket for the home leg of the club’s UEFA Europa League third round qualifier, tickets will be priced as follows:

• £5 for Adults
  • £2.50 for Concessions
  • £2 for Under-17s
  • £1 for Under-11s

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150713-ticket-information-southampton-rcd-espanyol-friendly-2543034.aspx#2bCDu6wClJkeVirm.99

Really expensive and the other flights into Holland from down there are Wednesday out and Saturday back which is no good.

Going to look at flying into Dusseldorf.

sorry, that's what I meant, Toulouse to somewhere in Germany. Not sure the Dusseldorf flight is direct which will mean 7 hours there and back.

This.

There is still enough dross at this stage of the competition to wish we had avoided one of the potentially better opponents, especially with the start of the PL looming. Sure, we'll have to beat better teams but look at Aberdeens potential tie against Alashkert of Armenia or FC Kairat from Kazakhstan. Would have rather played any of those three!

You'd prefer Saints to have to travel to Kazakhstan or Armenia 3 days before a Prem match would you? :o

There were a lot of possible opponents that really would have been a darn sight easier than Vitesse. Probably the hardest draw that we could have got (ignoring teams like Dortmund who it was not possible to draw) at this stage.

They were the top ranked unseeded team.

Reckon tickets will sell to members/General sale? Thinking of booking now but would be annoying not to have a ticket. I guess there is always the home end.

They offer 1200 tickets normally for away fans in the Dutch league games. My googling tells me that Liverpool got 1500 way back in 2002 for a Europa cup game. If that's the allocation I would suggest it won't get past season ticket holders. I might be wrong.

They offer 1200 tickets normally for away fans in the Dutch league games. My googling tells me that Liverpool got 1500 way back in 2002 for a Europa cup game. If that's the allocation I would suggest it won't get past season ticket holders. I might be wrong.

Thanks. That's the conclusion I came to. Mind you there is always spares available and if worst comes to the worst it will be the home end for me!

It's good in terms of travel for the team and supporters, but we don't have much luck in terms of tough opponents, do we? Vitesse are the highest ranked unseeded team in the third qualifying round!

We have had great results against some of the biggest teams in Europe over the last two seasons We should be expecting to win, we should not be complacent as Vitesse are a good footballing team but realistically we should progress.

I'm looking forward to the game :)

Vitesse have lost most of their key players this summer (Traore back to Chelsea, Propper to PSV, Vejinovic to Feyenoord) so it's not as tough as you think. They play a very attacking style of football so it's going to be an open game.

I expect their line-up to be something like this.

__________________Room____________________

__Leerdam____Kashia_____Van der Werff___Achenteh_

__________________Yeini_________________________

___________Baker_________Kazaishvili____________

__Ibarra__________Djurdjevic (Brown)_____Nathan__

Hi guys,

I made an account to inform you a bit about us. For the people wondering about the amount of tickets that will be available for you in the Gelredome, I think it will be 1200 since that is our max capacity. Although we don't have a very big chance of winning I'm still excited for these two games. If you need any information about Arnhem or The Netherlands in general feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Jelle

You'd prefer Saints to have to travel to Kazakhstan or Armenia 3 days before a Prem match would you? :o

I would hope that we could wrap up the tie at the first leg and give Reed and some of the others a run out in the second leg along with getting game time to those who still need it.

Hi guys,

I made an account to inform you a bit about us. For the people wondering about the amount of tickets that will be available for you in the Gelredome, I think it will be 1200 since that is our max capacity. Although we don't have a very big chance of winning I'm still excited for these two games. If you need any information about Arnhem or The Netherlands in general feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Jelle

Welcome Jelle! What will the drinking be like in Arnham on the day of the game?

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Jelle

Thanks Jelle - much appreciated. How many does your stadium hold

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})