The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

No and yes.

I posted the actual schedule about 10 posts ago, no-one plays alternate home and away. We could be anywhere in the positions 1-4 and won't know which until the draw - but we will know the dates and locations of all 6 matches for Sept-Dec once the group draw is complete.

What we won't know is whether we kick off at 6 or 8.

Basing it on last season's draw the teams won't be split into different batches. Pot 1 was done first, where the first team draw was put into Group A, then the second team into Group B, and so on so forth, and repeated for Pots 2, 3 and 4. Not sure exactly what happens if for instance, Saints are put into Group B and Liverpool have already been drawn in that group, I reckon they would just put us in Group C and then the next team that gets drawn out would go into Group B.

Interesting, and thanks for tracking that down - but the rules and the group sizes are different this year and they've shown lots of predilection for pre-arranging pots to prevent clashes and the awks of having to "skip a group", which is what they used to do in situations like that.

Looking at the coefficients, I can see both Spurs and Liverpool being in seeding Pot 1, but equally Liverpool may drop into Pot 2 - but then I haven't looked to see if there are even 12 teams with higher coefficients than them yet.

This European football stuff is great, I've had a crap day at work but still beaming just from getting a ticket at 9:01 this morning.

Oh, and I still have one ticket left for the home end in with the Danish Saints if anyone has booked and thinks they might not get an away end ticket.

Just a little insight into the Group Stage in case we get there.

The matches are set in a fixed schedule: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Once the play-offs have been completed, the 48 remaining clubs are drawn into 12 groups of four in accordance with Paragraph 13.05. Clubs from the same

association cannot be drawn into the same group.

The following match sequence applies:

Matchday 1:

2 v 3

4 v 1

Matchday 2:

1 v 2

3 v 4

Matchday 3:

3 v 1

2 v 4

Matchday 4:

1 v 3

4 v 2

Matchday 5:

3 v 2

1 v 4

Matchday 6:

2 v 1

4 v 3

So depending on which position 1-4 (not related to the seeding) we're drawn in the group we will know our schedule immediately.

Here you go, Whitey! As I said, no-one plays alternate H/A games, position 1 and 2 go AHAHHA and HAHAAH, 3 is AHHAHA, 4 is HAAHAH.

latest?cb=20110623042517

Edited by The9

I posted the actual schedule about 10 posts ago, no-one plays alternate home and away. We could be anywhere in the positions 1-4 and won't know which until the draw - but we will know the dates and locations of all 6 matches for Sept-Dec once the group draw is complete.

No and yes was more concise

Thanks, I would just like to make sure I'm in the right country if possible. The complexities of the draw are too much for my poor addled brain :(

A train ride from Copenhagen to Herning is far more expensive and will waste at least 6½ hour of your time traveling back and forth... obviousy, Aarhus in not Copenhagen, but Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark and just as Copenhagen has some unique attractions like Tivoli and Dyrehavsbakken (of 1583) which are the two oldest amusement parks in the world, then Aarhus also likewise have an unique 3 star michelin attraction and other unique attractions that you wont find in Copenhagen or elswhere in Scandinavia. In any case, Aarhus is a much cheaper destination because it's as close as you could possible get to Herning by air and train and the the top attractions also provide room for you to bring your own food and beer, so that you do not need to spend money on resturant bills if you do not want to ...

I was going to use this option but there are very few flights, and the price of the last remaining tickets had gone through the roof. So Copenhagen it is for me

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Am I right to assume that Romeu is not eligible for Thursday? I hope I am wrong.

Maybe, maybe not. The relevant section is article 42 'Player lists'. It appears that there is a limit of 25 players on List A so depending on who is on the list that we have submitted we may be able to add another. There are requirements for a minimum number of locally trained players and all sorts of others sh!t. You are welcome to try to make sense of this:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Am I right to assume that Romeu is not eligible for Thursday? I hope I am wrong.

After the draw, one player can be registered up until the evening before the game (as was the case with Caulker in the last round) so yes he should be able to play

42.07 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a. 22 June 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;

b. 10 July 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;

c. 24 July 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;

d. 10 August 2015 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;

e. 1 September 2015 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in

the group stage up to and including the final.

42.08 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum

of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines,

provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must

be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the

club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at

domestic level at this time.

Edited by marc_saint

Anyone know how many tickets Midtjylland have received/sold? Guessing its only a few hundred

That would be my guess as well, looking at the ultras tiff site which has pics of away ends from Europa and Champions league games I can't find many examples where they travel. Guess they are in quite a remote part of a Denmark.

There is an organised coach running expected to arrive in Southampton 3pm http://www.black-wolves.com/nyheder/565-black-wolves-tur-til-southampton.html

Maybe, maybe not. The relevant section is article 42 'Player lists'. It appears that there is a limit of 25 players on List A so depending on who is on the list that we have submitted we may be able to add another. There are requirements for a minimum number of locally trained players and all sorts of others sh!t. You are welcome to try to make sense of this:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I'll pass thanks Whitey, just wait and see I guess. To be frank, if we can't beat Midgetland without him then we probably deserve to go out.

I'll pass thanks Whitey, just wait and see I guess. To be frank, if we can't beat Midgetland without him then we probably deserve to go out.

That's my philosophy. I am going Thursday night anyway, and also to the away leg which is an adventure for me, and shall just have to put my faith in the management. There's not a lot I can do about it anyway.

Midgetland ?? isn't that our midfield without Victor?

Anyway Thursday should just be a formality..Watford is where we need to see an improved performance.

Anyone know how many tickets Midtjylland have received/sold? Guessing its only a few hundred

That would be my guess as well, looking at the ultras tiff site which has pics of away ends from Europa and Champions league games I can't find many examples where they travel. Guess they are in quite a remote part of a Denmark.

There is an organised coach running expected to arrive in Southampton 3pm http://www.black-wolves.com/nyheder/565-black-wolves-tur-til-southampton.html

Just messaged them on facebook and they replied...... They expect 200-300 fans at St Mary's

That is some journey, about 21 hours each way. Not a bad price though 1500DKK (1200DKK for members) is less than £150.

Midtjylland away ticket details

Tickets will now go on sale with the following criteria:

Monday 17th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least eight domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Tuesday 18th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least six domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-fc-midtjylland-southampton-uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-2606549.aspx#8BytT3eFmSymOf2u.99

Midtjylland away ticket details

Tickets will now go on sale with the following criteria:

Monday 17th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least eight domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Tuesday 18th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least six domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-fc-midtjylland-southampton-uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-2606549.aspx#8BytT3eFmSymOf2u.99

This is another example of where the point based loyalty system should have been in work.

You could be a Season ticket holder that went to 20+ away games last season, as well as Newcastle this year and still not be able to buy a ticket for this game, just because you didn't go to Vitesse.

This is another example of where the point based loyalty system should have been in work.

You could be a Season ticket holder that went to 20+ away games last season, as well as Newcastle this year and still not be able to buy a ticket for this game, just because you didn't go to Vitesse.

if you spent that much on all of those away games I would imagine you'd have spent the 10 quid on an away ticket whether you could go to the game or not.... Thereby guaranteeing you'd get a ticket for later rounds....

if you spent that much on all of those away games I would imagine you'd have spent the 10 quid on an away ticket whether you could go to the game or not.... Thereby guaranteeing you'd get a ticket for later rounds....

You might have, you might not, that's not really my point about the system.

How many tickets will we get for the final?;-)

I know you jest but I thought I'd research a little .......

When Fulham got to the final in 2010 at the 57,000 capacity Nordbank Arena they received 12,650

When Chelsea got the the 2013 final at the 55,000 capacity Ajax Amsterdam Arena they received 9,800

This years final is at the St Jakob arena in Basel and the capacity is 38,512. :(

When Fulham got to the final in 2010 at the 57,000 capacity Nordbank Arena they received 12,650

When Chelsea got the the 2013 final at the 55,000 capacity Ajax Amsterdam Arena they received 9,800

This years final is at the St Jakob arena in Basel and the capacity is 38,512. :(

that is.... Disgusting =(

You might have, you might not, that's not really my point about the system.

The system was very clear that Vitesse away would determine priority for future matches - as it is I'm surprised that they're even able to offer them to Vitesse+ST+6 aways because I didn't think Vitesse was even made available to those with 6 aways, so theoretically speaking there wouldn't be anyone with that few aways who got a Vitesse ticket.

They've actually done this pretty sensibly, but I bet they were hoping it would sell out before this morning, you'll have all the home memberships piling in for Man U and whoever else goes on sale today, along with West Brom away and still Norwich and Midtjyelland home and away now!

Edited by The9

The system was very clear that Vitesse away would determine priority for future matches - as it is I'm surprised that they're even able to offer them to Vitesse+ST+6 aways because I didn't think Vitesse was even made available to those with 6 aways, so theoretically speaking there wouldn't be anyone with that few aways who got a Vitesse ticket.!

On the Tuesday before the game they released a small amount of tickets to anyone with 5 aways. (These were the ones they were keeping back for the travel club that didn't sell)

You've also got the Newcastle game that can be added to the total amount of aways from last season

On the Tuesday before the game they released a small amount of tickets to anyone with 5 aways. (These were the ones they were keeping back for the travel club that didn't sell)

You've also got the Newcastle game that can be added to the total amount of aways from last season

Ah yeah, of course - I had mine by then and was in a meeting for the whole time from announcement to sell-out so had forgotten that.

Would be weird if we somehow managed not to sell out the allocation, I'm kinda surprised but then it's two aways in Europe in the same month, and people will also be spending money on Prem aways at 3 times the cost (and Newcastle is usually an overnight stay too).

I'm not looking forward to the state of my account after the 28th if we're in the Group stages and there are three more sets of flights and hotels to pay for 3 days before I get paid! :o

I'm not looking forward to the state of my account after the 28th if we're in the Group stages and there are three more sets of flights and hotels to pay for 3 days before I get paid! :o

There will only be one Europa group away game that will go on sale in September (not August), the others will be on sale in October and November (depends a little on which number we would get for fixture allocation home and away). The last group match is scheduled for 10th December. I think your piggy bank will not be too badly damaged :)

[TABLE=width: 624]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday one[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]17/09/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday two[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]01/10/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday three[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]22/10/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday four[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]05/11/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday five[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]26/11/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]Group stage, matchday six[/TD]

[TD=class: TableNoBg]10/12/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I think it will sell out but will go down to 4 or 3 aways.

It's a ball ache to get to, doesn't have the 'wow' factor as it's not our first game in Europe like Vitesse was, expensive, people will probably be waiting for the group stages.

For it to go to 4 or 3 aways they'll have to offer them to people who didn't go to Vitesse, because there's no-one with that many aways who even got offered Vitesse tickets (and no matter which of their mates weren't eligible and went, they won't be against their customer number).

So by my reckoning, it goes "6 aways+Vitesse", then "10+ aways no Vitesse", then back down to "5+ aways no Vitesse", THEN fewer than that - assuming there are any left. They might also want to take ST only out of the equation at some point, and may want to give members priority over non members too.

On the bright side, now I've got Vitesse and Midtjylland aways I'm gonna be pretty high up the pecking order for group games if we get that far.

There will only be one Europa group away game that will go on sale in September (not August), the others will be on sale in October and November (depends a little on which number we would get for fixture allocation home and away). The last group match is scheduled for 10th December. I think your piggy bank will not be too badly damaged :)

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Flights and hotel will still be booked though. I won't be waiting to see what the ticket allocation will be at that point

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

The tickets are the cheap bit. On the bright side, so are the hotels and flights if everyone else is daft enough to wait for the matches to come close before booking. I have every intention of getting flights and hotels in 3 different cities booked before the flight back from Aarhus (not ideal given that we'll be basically going through security at the airport when they make the draw). :D

i think the biggest issue is the photo id bit, personally i'd have bought two aways for Midtjylland as two of my season tickets qualified. But seeing as i use my brothers for a mate on away games (as he doesn't have a season ticket) and he clearly won't have photo ID that's one ticket that would've gone to a regular away traveller that no longer is.

As it stands he had a "back up ticket" in the home end anyway so it doesn't make a difference, but it does go to show how the photo ID bit can - in marginal cases - work against the normal travelling support.

The system was very clear that Vitesse away would determine priority for future matches - as it is I'm surprised that they're even able to offer them to Vitesse+ST+6 aways because I didn't think Vitesse was even made available to those with 6 aways, so theoretically speaking there wouldn't be anyone with that few aways who got a Vitesse ticket.

They've actually done this pretty sensibly, but I bet they were hoping it would sell out before this morning, you'll have all the home memberships piling in for Man U and whoever else goes on sale today, along with West Brom away and still Norwich and Midtjyelland home and away now!

But my point is this "system" is wrong. Also, having priority for future games is vague, having ten aways and a ticket for Vitesse away would give you priority over someone that just has ten aways, but someone that went to every away game last season could consider they should have priority over someone that just did 6 aways and Vitesse.

blimey. So about 7500 tickets will be available then. Hope we get to moan about that at some point...

i think the biggest issue is the photo id bit, personally i'd have bought two aways for Midtjylland as two of my season tickets qualified. But seeing as i use my brothers for a mate on away games (as he doesn't have a season ticket) and he clearly won't have photo ID that's one ticket that would've gone to a regular away traveller that no longer is.

As it stands he had a "back up ticket" in the home end anyway so it doesn't make a difference, but it does go to show how the photo ID bit can - in marginal cases - work against the normal travelling support.

But only the normal travelling support without the appropriate number of aways as defined in the rules laid out by the club. You can't make rules for those marginal cases - for instance I could have missed out due to going to Stoke away on the day and not having it against my number, but them's the rules.

Also, I still have a back up in the home end, if anyone wants to pay me £20 for it.

But my point is this "system" is wrong. Also, having priority for future games is vague, having ten aways and a ticket for Vitesse away would give you priority over someone that just has ten aways, but someone that went to every away game last season could consider they should have priority over someone that just did 6 aways and Vitesse.

It's not wrong if that's how they want to do it, they obviously have their reasons.

It was "vague", but not so vague that it wasn't entirely obvious that Play Off Round aways would give priority to people who went to Arnhem (or at least spent £10 to make the club think they did).

Also, you're saying people with a lot of aways don't have priority over 6 aways and Vitesse, but they do... provided they went to Vitesse, which was said at the time would be the criteria for priority.

This is literally only a problem for people who had priority for Vitesse, chose not to use it or spend the £10 to retain that priority (which they could get back by shifting the ticket onto someone who WAS going), and now want to go to a more restricted match. It is affecting so few people that it is not really a consideration, no-one needs to make regulations that cover that kind of exception.

This ticket has been credited against my account straight away, so they aren't waiting for people to pick them up before doing it. I wonder if they'll go and cancel the purchase history of any not collected?

This ticket has been credited against my account straight away, so they aren't waiting for people to pick them up before doing it. I wonder if they'll go and cancel the purchase history of any not collected?

Yes, It's an automatic process when it gets added onto your history.

Much easier for them to go in and cancel the small amount that don't get collected.

CONFIRMED: The away leg of #SaintsFC's #UEL play-off with @fcmidtjylland will kick off at 7.45pm BST/8.45pm CEST.

Mmmm, is this going to make it a bit dicey to get a train back to Aarhus after the game, particularly if it goes to extra-time? I thought the last train back to Aarhus went back at about 11.15pm (??)

Mmmm, is this going to make it a bit dicey to get a train back to Aarhus after the game, particularly if it goes to extra-time? I thought the last train back to Aarhus went back at about 11.15pm (??)

Could be very awkward!

8.45 Kick Off

Game ends at 10.35

If extra time - Finishes circa 11.10

If Pens - Finish circa 11.25

It's not wrong if that's how they want to do it, they obviously have their reasons.

It was "vague", but not so vague that it wasn't entirely obvious that Play Off Round aways would give priority to people who went to Arnhem (or at least spent £10 to make the club think they did).

Also, you're saying people with a lot of aways don't have priority over 6 aways and Vitesse, but they do... provided they went to Vitesse, which was said at the time would be the criteria for priority.

This is literally only a problem for people who had priority for Vitesse, chose not to use it or spend the £10 to retain that priority (which they could get back by shifting the ticket onto someone who WAS going), and now want to go to a more restricted match. It is affecting so few people that it is not really a consideration, no-one needs to make regulations that cover that kind of exception.

Its wrong in my opinion, which is obviously what I am stating. A system that encourages tickets to be bought and not used or sold on to a third party shouldn't be what the club is aiming for.

But only the normal travelling support without the appropriate number of aways as defined in the rules laid out by the club. You can't make rules for those marginal cases - for instance I could have missed out due to going to Stoke away on the day and not having it against my number, but them's the rules.

Also, I still have a back up in the home end, if anyone wants to pay me £20 for it.

You have mail.......

Its wrong in my opinion, which is obviously what I am stating. A system that encourages tickets to be bought and not used or sold on to a third party shouldn't be what the club is aiming for.

But having seen that for Arnhem, they've clearly stopped that from happening again by adding the ID collection rules.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})