The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Rather than moaning on an internet forum I went to 18 aways last season, so I have a guaranteed ticket. Will be avoiding the fanzone like the plague, too.[/quote

I look forward to seeing you in your customised 'Bungle' 2003 UEFA cup shirt!

#Superfan

Will 7 aways be enough? *gulp*

Kevin Mar ‏@kevmarmol

@SouthamptonFC what’s the likelihood that there will be tickets for people with 7?

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

@kevmarmol It isn't possible for the whole allocation to sell out before that point. #saintsfc

Kevin Mar ‏@kevmarmol

@SouthamptonFC so does that mean it’s luck of the draw for those with 7? i live in london so can’t come down to queue, thanks

@kevmarmol It's first come first served after that point, yes. You can buy online. #saintsfc

Kevin Mar ‏@kevmarmol

@SouthamptonFC what’s the likelihood that there will be tickets for people with 7?

@kevmarmol It isn't possible for the whole allocation to sell out before that point. #saintsfc

Kevin Mar ‏@kevmarmol

@SouthamptonFC so does that mean it’s luck of the draw for those with 7? i live in london so can’t come down to queue, thanks

@kevmarmol It's first come first served after that point, yes. You can buy online. #saintsfc

That has bought my confidence up- i'm going to be online as soon as the window opens!

That completely contradicts what the official site article says.

All current Season Ticket holders who attended at least ten away games in 2014/15 are guaranteed a ticket if they order before 8am on Wednesday 29th July.

Tickets are expected to sell out on Wednesday 29th July - in the unlikely event that tickets remain, a further set of sales criteria will be announced.

Wessel ‏@W_Vervoort

@SouthamptonFC @MijnVitesse is it possible for Dutch Saints fans to get away tickets and join the Saints fans at Vitesse - SFC?

@W_Vervoort Not unless you've got a Season Ticket and went to at least seven of our away games last season :) #saintsfc

That completely contradicts what the official site article says.

Surely that just means there'll only be a few hundred left after the first two rounds and so will almost certainly sell out in the third? Assuming majority of ST holders take up the option at those stages.

Maybe if you draw attention to yourself by emailing them ;)

I can still only hope.

Having said that, if they do cancel it surely i could say they're liable for the non-refundable payments i've made on travel as they sent me confirmation of the booking?

Edit - just read this back, i've never sounded more like i was grasping at straws :lol:

It probably hasn't helped with so many people boasting on a public forum that they'd bought tickets in the home end. And then to compound that to actually email the club about them mailing the tickets to Southampton, just in case they hadn't cottoned on to what is happening.

Kin glory hunters, don't remember this much trouble getting tickets for Wycombe or Brentford away.

Anyway for those using Dover you might need to re think.

I remember this much trouble for Leyton Orient away though, not even the season we got promoted.

What's wrong with Dover?

It probably hasn't helped with so many people boasting on a public forum that they'd bought tickets in the home end. And then to compound that to actually email the club about them mailing the tickets to Southampton, just in case they hadn't cottoned on to what is happening.

I think they would have found out long before they heard on saints web!

Bad news if you have booked in block 122. I asked about how they will be posted and got this reply.

Dear Mr.

You can order tickets at the ticketservice of Southampton.

If you’ve tried to order tickets on our website, these reservation will be cancelled.

Oh dear. Right I'm being straight up here. I'll offer £120 for 2 away end tickets. No questions asked and immediate payment.

PM me if you want to take me up on the offer. Ta

P.s all in confidence

Edited by Mouldy Coat

How it this the fault of Vitesse?

You can't expect the club to cater for fans travelling without tickets!

Because they put it on General Sale before even talking to Saints, hence why we received such a poxy allocation. To think they originally offered us even fewer too! I don't expect them to cater for those travelling without a ticket, but I did expect a healthy away allocation.

I note the vitesse tickets website has now got a comment in english saying saints fans will have tickets cancelled in home sections and dutch saints fans have to buy from SFC.

Doesn't say they will be cancelled (Although presuming they will be)

* Fans of Southampton FC can only buy tickets for the away-stand section. Please check the official website of Southampton or details about the tickets. Dutch supporters of Southampton FC need to buy their tickets at the official club channels of the English Premier League club.

How it this the fault of Vitesse?

You can't expect the club to cater for fans travelling without tickets!

Because they put it on General Sale before even talking to Saints, hence why we received such a poxy allocation. To think they originally offered us even fewer too! I don't expect them to cater for those travelling without a ticket, but I did expect a healthy away allocation

Why would he write that article. Idiot

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He's right though. People might not like it but ask anyone if they'd want a couple of thousand drunk English football fans wondering round their city and they'll all tell you the same answer. We aren't Millwall but we do have a lot of Wallies who can't handle their beer. We'll have the issue of the Dutch Police having to police the game as usual as well as all the fans around the town. If they start getting heavy handed then it could well be a recipe for trouble.

It's all very well for people to say that they'd just think fair enough if they don't get in and go back to pub but anyone who has been abroad for football will tell you that the local police in some places aren't an accommodating bunch.

My gut feel tells me that they will allow for a corner area in the ground for away fan overspill but they are not actively going to encourage it to restrict the numbers travelling. No guarantees but seems odd that blocks 123 and 124 aren't being sold on their website - maybe we will get a sales window on the day at the ground to get tickets in these blocks?

My gut feel tells me that they will allow for a corner area in the ground for away fan overspill but they are not actively going to encourage it to restrict the numbers travelling. No guarantees but seems odd that blocks 123 and 124 aren't being sold on their website - maybe we will get a sales window on the day at the ground to get tickets in these blocks?

Its because they've been sold out, to largely saints fans. My friend working in the ticket office confirmed to me that they'll be know increased allocation

If you're a tw*t then yes.

Just cheering could spark aggro. Like anyone cheering for the away team in the northam.

Add the fact most fans will probably be half cut at best

Dutch fans can be very rowdie. Most of Europe is compared to what England is like now

Because they put it on General Sale before even talking to Saints, hence why we received such a poxy allocation. To think they originally offered us even fewer too! I don't expect them to cater for those travelling without a ticket, but I did expect a healthy away allocation

They didn't offer us lower. It's just over 5% - the minimum they can give us under Europa League legislation. Not their fault at all.

Its because they've been sold out, to largely saints fans. My friend working in the ticket office confirmed to me that they'll be know increased allocation

As far as I'm aware blocks 123 and 124 have never been out on sale. It's 122 which has sold out

I have a guy in Arnhem who has offered to bring over tickets for the Home section next to our Away following. Can't see any obvious issues there?

I've got a Dutch mate from The Hague who is getting me 8 tickets so I'll have the odd spare floating round in Amsterdam Wednesday night and Arnhem on Thursday all in block 22 which is just below 122

I've got a Dutch mate from The Hague who is getting me 8 tickets so I'll have the odd spare floating round in Amsterdam Wednesday night and Arnhem on Thursday all in block 22 which is just below 122

I'd be up for one please, if you have any spares? We're in Amsterdam Wednesday and getting an early-ish train Thursday.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})